Daily Intake Of Alfalfa Sprouts, But Not Broccoli Sprouts, Increase DHT Levels

Ben.

Thanks for posting that OP.

The mixed information of alfalfa sprouts is ... problematic.

I used to eat a lot of them raw when I was vegan, but the best way is probably to sprout and then cook them in a broth.

Broccoli sprouts are some of the most expensive, as I recall, and alfafa is basically the most common.

Cook them? As far as i know you can cook them to a certain temperature (sweet spot) to increase SFN but above that you destroy it. If you manage to heat it at that sweet spot the increase in SFN apparantly is higher even than freezing. Dr. Rhonda Patrick makes many videos about it (she digests daily huge amounts of green vegetables raw in smoothies tho, and takes daily fish oil capsules etc. ... very contradictive to peaty spheres)

From what i understad brocolli sprouts (SFN in particular) apparantly showed not just anti cancer benefits but also the binding and the excretion of certain chemicals trough the urin, like some of which you would "consume" trough smoking cigarettes, air pollution etc.

Tbh i've some broccoli seeds here but were to lazy to make sprouts just yet.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

@Ben.

What I used to do is sprout them and then add them to a miso/vegetable broth. I wouldn't boil them or anything, just lightly simmered.

I don't do that anymore but I'm working towards reintroducing some of these aspects of the vegan diet I used to have.

Ray has spoken positively about the potential of things like sprouts and combining fruits, as ways to obtain full protein on a vegan diet.

The problem is that aside from traditional knowledge there isn't much modern research which digs deep into this topic.

LeeLemonoil

I’d agree with @Hans that the Test and subsequent DHT increase from alfalfa intake is a compensatory effect caused by the phytoestrogens.
That’s not positive in my view. DHT is protective against excessive estrogen signaling and action, but this comes at a price as well. Hairloss, hyperplasic conditions, senescence. That’s a highly conserved cancer prevention mechanism, necessary when estrogen/Androgen homeostasis is impaired. Some DHT in some tissues for some reason at some point in times can be „good“ - and it can be bad. It’s better than excessive estrogen driven cancer, it’s worse than more functional tissue not in need the compensation in the first place. That’s not to say that certain DHT levels in effects aren’t physiological and required for nearly optimal states also, But everything is subject to homeostasis.

Also Brocolli is one of the most cancer-protective foods in general, many different meta-studies prove that. If Sulforaphane is the main responsible compound is another question.
But brocolli not affecting DHT in this study, while not diminishing Test, is another implicit evidence for it

Can

Fascinating thread. Had some alfalfa, broccoli, hemp and other kinds of seeds for sprouting lying around, from old times when I didn't knew Ray and followed a very 'raw foods all the way' approach. I was about to throw them away in the assumption that I won't use them since I didn't like their taste much (always ate them raw though) and since I thought that they are probably not Peat-approved anyway 'cus of the phytoestrogens and what not - but decided to look up sprouts on this forum, and am quite surprised to hear people say that Ray actually spoke positively about them. Did not expect it tbh. Will not throw them away immediately then.

Then again, on second thought, it shouldn't be that surprising. It just goes to show what a nuanced thinker Ray is. It's not just 'phytoestrogens=bad', it's about weighing the positives against the negatives, and looking at foods as a whole.

Last edited:

Can

Ray has said that they are a complete protein and a good food.
Ray has spoken positively about the potential of things like sprouts and combining fruits, as ways to obtain full protein on a vegan diet.

Any idea where he spoke about them? Would love to hear him in his own words speaking about this.

Can

[Didn't mean to post three seperate posts. The fact that one can't retract posts even shortly after they were posted, seems kinda odd tbh]

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Any idea where he spoke about them? Would love to hear him in his own words speaking about this.

It was in the past 2-3 years I'm not too sure which interview, you can probably find it by typing ''sprouts'' here: Bioenergetic Search

Essentially, sprouting improves digestibility and accessibility of nutrients and especially protein. If you can find the specific interview, maybe extract a quote and add it to this thread.

mrchibbs

Fascinating thread. Had some alfalfa, broccoli, hemp and other kinds of seeds for sprouting lying around, from old times when I didn't knew Ray and followed a very 'raw foods all the way' approach. I was about to throw them away in the assumption that I won't use them since I didn't like their taste much (always ate them raw though) and since I thought that they are probably not Peat-approved anyway 'cus of the phytoestrogens and what not - but decided to look up sprouts on this forum, and am quite surprised to hear people say that Ray actually spoke positively about them. Did not expect it tbh. Will not throw them away immediately then.

Then again, on second thought, it shouldn't be that surprising. It just goes to show what a nuanced thinker Ray is. It's not just 'phytoestrogens=bad', it's about weighing the positives against the negatives, and looking at foods as a whole.

The ideal approach would likely be to sprout and then cook the sprouts in a broth/soup.

Coderr

Yonca tohumlarını alıp filizlemenin kolay bir yolu mu? Yonca filizi oldukça pahalı görünüyor

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yonca tohumlarını alıp filizlemenin kolay bir yolu mu? Yonca filizi oldukça pahalı görünüyor
English please. :hattip

Can

It was in the past 2-3 years I'm not too sure which interview, you can probably find it by typing ''sprouts'' here: Bioenergetic Search

Essentially, sprouting improves digestibility and accessibility of nutrients and especially protein. If you can find the specific interview, maybe extract a quote and add it to this thread.
Yea, found them. It's essentially how you said. According to Ray, sprouting reduces starches, anti-nutrients & toxins while increasing protein and making sprouts somewhat like leafs from a nutritional standpoint. But they still should be cooked to eliminate further toxins and improve digestibility.

There are more interviews where Ray mentions sprouts, but these are the ones where he talks about them the most:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ0VhOU9wQ8
At 01:37:17

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNcNmnNRU9o
At 00:38:29

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cjfronZPxk
At 00:32:44

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Oh sorry

Is it easy to get alfalfa seeds and sprout them? Alfalfa sprouts look pretty expensive

You don't need to eat alfafa necessarily, there are other seeds which are cheaper, and you can sprout many things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals