Cyproheptadine Significantly Lowered Pulse. Concern?

I decided to take 0.2mg cypro tonight. Existing symptoms were intense fatigue and agitation. Also, existing low pulse 60ish + very low morning temps. Baseline pulse today when taking it was around 85 while feeling fairly anxious.

Within 30 minutes, pulse has gone down to 45. I had 500ml milk to hopefully bring it back up, but despite milk + walking around, it's staying below 65.

Firstly, I feel a bit concerned about going to sleep now, since pulse likely to drop even lower. Is this valid?

Secondly, what might be the reasons for this significantly lowered pulse?

(In terms of other effects, it's actually made me super calm physically. Just some mental anxiety about being a bit too relaxed!)

Last edited:
OP
J
Update-
After 1h;pulse is now staying under 55ish despite having 700 calories and walking around.

After 2h; pulse 70 standing moving around, drops quickly when sitting. armpit temp 94.9 / 95 with full stomach.

Not sure what to do. Am drinking extra water to hopefully flush it out

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Wow you are very hypothyroid. Do you do anything for your thyroid?

I take .5 my cypro and don't notice low pulse but mine tends to be around 90 normally.

OP
J
Wow you are very hypothyroid. Do you do anything for your thyroid?

I take .5 my cypro and don't notice low pulse but mine tends to be around 90 normally.

Thanks! I suspected this may be the case, although I am not diagnosed. It may also explain why mirtazapine worsened my sleep, rather than improved it as is typical. Again, mirtazapine significantly blunts cortisol and can increase hypothyroid symptoms.

It's a shame, because I felt extremely calm on cypro. More than I have in a long time - then that turned to a feeling off being far too slowed down, and consequent panic. My strategy right now is to try to get my thyroid functioning better through diet, some protocols I found here and medicine too. Then have another go with cypro!

Interestingly, cypro gave me a similar feeling to psilocybin, a feeling I've been wanting to recreate for a long time, since it was a rare glimpse of a calm state over 5+ years of chronic illness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals