Cynomel T3

aquaman

iLoveSugar said:
aquaman said:
iLoveSugar said:
I have been taking this for about 3 months, roughly 25-30 mcg a day. How comes I haven't noticed anything? I'm clearly hypo, with low temps, and freezing cold feet. My thyroid labs look good though. I just havent noticed any benefit.

Recovering with T3 is a really useful book - I bought it 3 months ago when I found out about T3/ Peat etc.. but only started reading it last week. It's very detailed and I learnt a lot. I'll try to write a summary of what I've read so far and post it, but you know... tempus fugit.

I did briefly read over some of the articles about it sometime ago. I think it encourages taking larger doses of T3 though, starting before you wake up, circadian rhythm. Its definitely anti-RP as it encourages taking large doses, versus smaller doses, and the larger doses seem to elevated liver enzymes. Am I right?

I also don't think this is "anti-Peat" .. Peat's stuff is gleaned off specific comments in specific circumstances, also the guy suggests starting low and working up which Peat does. He also says he aims for getting people onto less than 30mcg per day, again matches with Peat. It just has way more specifics than Peat on how, when, what to check, etc etc.

I think there's a blasé approach to T3 in the Peat community .. "i'll nibble t3 a few times a day when i remember and see what happens", people stop and start on a whim, don't give it the right amount of time to check, etc.

It's definitely worth a read.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Taking a large dose throughout the day is not anti RP, but individual large doses is, sorry. I've gone into great discussion with him regarding this. We've also talked end specifically about Dr Lowe as well. Taking large doses at once simply elevates the liver enzymes.

SAFarmer

iLoveSugar said:
Taking a large dose throughout the day is not anti RP, but individual large doses is, sorry. I've gone into great discussion with him regarding this. We've also talked end specifically about Dr Lowe as well. Taking large doses at once simply elevates the liver enzymes.

I'd like to believe what you are saying but you'll have to be more specific than that though.
What (how much) is an individual large dose ?
How much does that raise "liver enzymes" ?
What enzymes ?
Is it necessarily bad ? How bad?
References ?

So all those doctors ( Barnes, Lowe, etc ) were wrong treating their patients that way prescribing 2 -4 grains thyroid hormone?
A grain is about 46 mcg which include 9 mcg T3.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I am not on my computer right now with all my saved emails, so I can not quote this exactly. It was something in the regards of, Dr Lowe believed in thyroid resistance, or something of that nature if I recall correctly. I don't think Ray believes that. A healthy thyroid produces 96 mcg over the course of a 24 hour period, which is around 4 mcg per hour. It's best to replicate our body as much as possible, and anything above 4 mcg elevates the enzyme that made it.

He does say he seen people that benefitted at first from 12 grains of armour, or large doses of T3. I just don't think that's his way to tackle it.

juanitacarlos

I have to agree with SAFarmer here. I know that Ray says that the human body produces about 4mcg of T3 an hour, and it would be great to mimic that, but that doesn't mean that is how every person should approach it. I personally became very hypothyroid splitting up my dose to smaller doses throughout the day. After returning to higher doses, my hypo symptoms began to diminish within days. So currently I'm on 2 grains of NDT on waking, another 2 grains about 4-5 hours later, and then 25mcg of T3 (cynomel) about 4-5 hours after that. I feel much better.

I'm not saying everyone should do that, but that is my experience.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Is it possible to have nervous/anxiety/fogginess side effects from thyroid, without an elevated heart rate?

superhuman

SAFarmer do you or other guys chew or swallow your T3? what about Dr Lowe does he prefer chewing or swallowing?

SAFarmer

We just chew or swallow it. I don't know what Dr Lowe prefers, but can't see that it will make any difference .

superhuman

Ok cool.

Ive read alot into the Lowe method and decided to try a large dose on empty stomach. I cant say i noticed that much, ive done for some days now.

What has been your guys experience in how to supplement with T3 and what made the biggest impact? did you have to use some T4 as well?

SAFarmer

The only thing I've noticed is that I tend to get more hungry with larger doses of T3. I mainly use some T4 as well as buffer and reserve for stress reactions like Ray Peat suggests.

Ben

I ordered cynomel from "mymexicandrugstore". Does anyone know how long it takes for delivery?

My doctor is taking ridiculously small steps with cytomel, increasing the dosage by 5 mcg then making me wait weeks for a blood test while I still suffer from symptoms and have to tend to responsibilities in this fatigued state. I'm taking 15 mcg cytomel and 50 mcg levothyroxine. Levothyroxine made me feel cold when I first took it alone, and a blood test showed my t3 was low, so I got prescribed t3. It pisses me off when I hear about dogmatic doctors keeping dosage where it is when people would feel better with a higher one. People have lives to live, and a number derived from a blood test prevents them from feeling their best and meeting their potential.

YuraCZ

Is there any free info from Dr.Lowe how I should use T3 properly? I have no idea how much T4 I should take with T3 if any and how much T3 and if split the dose or just take everything in the morning.. Dr. Lowe vs Dr. Peat.. I'm so confused. :|

YuraCZ

So I cut down my T4 dose from 100mcg to 50mcg ed( I think I have high rT3 but I'm not sure because here in CZ they don't have test for this marker available..) and with 50mcg of T4 I take 25mcg of T3 in the morning and 25mcg after 12 hours. Couple days ago I was taking 25 and then 31 mcg per day and I felt nothing(the temperature dropped actually..) so will see if 50mcg per day will do something.. :eh:

YuraCZ

For the first time second 25 mcg tab i one day and pulse 81 in the resting state(usually I have 60-70) so something is happening I guess.

HDD

"If you use some T3 (such as Cytomel or Cynomel) it's important to keep each dose small, while watching for changes in your pulse and temperature. Usually 4 or 5 mcg at a time is o.k. (the body makes about 4 mcg per hour)."

Have you tried using smaller doses of T3?

"As long as it's divided so that you don't get a big dose of T3 all at once it should be o.k. to take a total of 25 mcg T3 and 100 of T4.That would be similar to the traditional 2 grain dose of Armour thyroid. A healthy person should produce the equivalent of about four grains per day, so with 2 grains of supplement, or the equivalent, there isn't a risk of over-dosing."

(Quotes are from Peatarian email exchange)

HDD

The recommendation, as I understand it, is to take it in smaller doses than 25 mcg at one time.Cutting it into pieces or nibbling on it can achieve this.

" If Cytomel is used, it is efficient to approximate the physiological rate of T3 formation, by nibbling one (10 to 25 mcg) tablet during the day. When a large amount is taken at one time, the liver is likely to convert much of it to the inactive reverse T3 form, in a normal defensive response."

YuraCZ

HDD said:
The recommendation, as I understand it, is to take it in smaller doses than 25 mcg at one time.Cutting it into pieces or nibbling on it can achieve this.

" If Cytomel is used, it is efficient to approximate the physiological rate of T3 formation, by nibbling one (10 to 25 mcg) tablet during the day. When a large amount is taken at one time, the liver is likely to convert much of it to the inactive reverse T3 form, in a normal defensive response."
Dr. Lowe,
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
They all have different approach than Peat. Dr. Lowe successfully cures patients with higher doses of T3 in one, two or three doses per day. Depending on amount of T3 (25-150mcg..) I guess you don't listen anybody else except Peat right? But how many patients had Peat and how many Dr.Lowe... I go with Lowe on this one. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals