Is it problematic to reach 99F (37.2C) body temperature everyday?

Jessie

I think it was actually Broda Barnes who said "we're treating symptoms, not so much temperature" in regards to waking temps still being below 98.2 degrees.

Basically, as I understood it, there's a correlation between hypo symptoms and temperature, but that it's okay to stop when the symptoms subside, even if the temp is below the technical average.

I would think the same also holds true for higher than average temps. If you're at 99 degrees but you feel fine, then it doesn't really matter.

tastyfood

I think it was actually Broda Barnes who said "we're treating symptoms, not so much temperature" in regards to waking temps still being below 98.2 degrees.

Basically, as I understood it, there's a correlation between hypo symptoms and temperature, but that it's okay to stop when the symptoms subside, even if the temp is below the technical average.

I would think the same also holds true for higher than average temps. If you're at 99 degrees but you feel fine, then it doesn't really matter.

Also, I think it's more important to see the temperature go up after breakfast and towards noon, than only relying on the waking temperature.

tastyfood

I just had 99.3 F on the left ear, and 98.8 F on the right ear after taking 325 mg of aspirin with double the baking soda (to buffer it).

The temperature will likely go down in a few hours, especially towards the evening.

redsun

Do you think that eating a thyroid-promoting diet like yours will over time increase your metabolic rate?

yesterday I did some extra exercise and ate 1 kilo of ground beef, today I woke up with heavy eyes and no energy, but I don't know which of the two did it?

Generally speaking, a nutrient dense diet will improve metabolic function and health over time. I try to eat in a way that provides everything the body needs that is also practical and simple for me.

I doubt a little extra exercise will cause this symptom but too much red meat can. I dont know if you are exaggerating but if you mean literally one kilogram of ground beef, this much beef has a ton of zinc. Sudden high intake of zinc will block NMDA receptors which compromises cognitive function and contributes to low energy and make you overly sleepy and lethargic. I would advise not eating more than 8 oz of red meat a day. Its very easy to get too much zinc eating all that red meat. Short term or acute intake blocks NMDA receptors and long-term it will lead to copper deficiency.

Jessie

Also, I think it's more important to see the temperature go up after breakfast and towards noon, than only relying on the waking temperature.
Yes, I think this is generally the way to approach it. I remember Ray saying something about how hypo people will be hotter upon waking, then after breakfast the temps drop.

EnergeticLeo

Yes this why I said thyroid has protective effects that mitigate this to a degree. Uncoupling is one of them. So slightly elevated temperature is not really a problem. If other hyperthyroid symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, panic, fast heart rate are present, then its a different story.
Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Roni123@

Generally speaking, a nutrient dense diet will improve metabolic function and health over time. I try to eat in a way that provides everything the body needs that is also practical and simple for me.

I doubt a little extra exercise will cause this symptom but too much red meat can. I dont know if you are exaggerating but if you mean literally one kilogram of ground beef, this much beef has a ton of zinc. Sudden high intake of zinc will block NMDA receptors which compromises cognitive function and contributes to low energy and make you overly sleepy and lethargic. I would advise not eating more than 8 oz of red meat a day. Its very easy to get too much zinc eating all that red meat. Short term or acute intake blocks NMDA receptors and long-term it will lead to copper deficiency.
A few days ago I'm very tired with puffy eyes and feeling very hot...

I just decreased the milk and increased the meat and egg yolks, carbohydrates are on the stalk.

maybe an adaptation process
maybe due to the exercise i did and i need time to recover?

LadyRae

I reach 99 in the evening, especially if I have eaten some potatoes. About an hour after my policosanol capsule I am quite warm, especially in my face.

Everything my kids and pets do seems to make me laugh and I generally feel amused by many things, even tv ads

rayban

I just tested at 36.7Cº and most docs would say that is a ok temp, yet my hands and back still become cold throught the day. Im on 88mcg euthyrox. No t3 because they don't sell it here and I don't trust NDT sources. My last test:

EnergeticLeo

I just tested at 36.7Cº and most docs would say that is a ok temp, yet my hands and back still become cold throught the day. Im on 88mcg euthyrox. No t3 because they don't sell it here and I don't trust NDT sources. My last test:
Reminds me of what ray was talking about here - that it's not enough to have good oral / ear / armpit temps - the temps of the extremities matters too
  • “A lot of people don’t bother checking the temperature of the mouth, eardrum, and extremities”
    View: https://youtu.be/ugSJIFa-ZdM?t=5410
    • Old people in particular can have brain at a “good temperature, oral 98.6, eardrum 99.5, for example” … but they’re producing less energy and that shows up as an extreme gradient from the extremities to the brain
    • Keeping that in mind, paying attention to the outside temperature - that can have a profound effect - the indoor temp can be 70F (21.1C) and seem perfectly safe, but even through ordinary insulated walls, the outside temperature can profoundly drain the body’s energy producing ability and create that gradient effect → that means your system is experiencing stress everywhere, even though the brain may be maintaining its temperature it is perceiving that the bulk of your body is being de-energised [because around 75% of our energy goes out as radiation… ]
    • If this heat energy isn’t reciprocated by returning radiation by something approaching body temperature (e.g. sunlight), your body is draining vastly more energy e.g. in 45°F (7°C) than it would be in the summer in 80°F (26°C) weather

Pete Rey

Reminds me of what ray was talking about here - that it's not enough to have good oral / ear / armpit temps - the temps of the extremities matters too
  • “A lot of people don’t bother checking the temperature of the mouth, eardrum, and extremities”
    View: https://youtu.be/ugSJIFa-ZdM?t=5410
    • Old people in particular can have brain at a “good temperature, oral 98.6, eardrum 99.5, for example” … but they’re producing less energy and that shows up as an extreme gradient from the extremities to the brain
    • Keeping that in mind, paying attention to the outside temperature - that can have a profound effect - the indoor temp can be 70F (21.1C) and seem perfectly safe, but even through ordinary insulated walls, the outside temperature can profoundly drain the body’s energy producing ability and create that gradient effect → that means your system is experiencing stress everywhere, even though the brain may be maintaining its temperature it is perceiving that the bulk of your body is being de-energised [because around 75% of our energy goes out as radiation… ]
    • If this heat energy isn’t reciprocated by returning radiation by something approaching body temperature (e.g. sunlight), your body is draining vastly more energy e.g. in 45°F (7°C) than it would be in the summer in 80°F (26°C) weather

Hi Leo, it seems the gods of YouTube have deemed the video unfit for consumption. Do you happen to remember which interview this was taken from? If not, no worries, and thank you for preserving the bullet points!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals