Cures For BV, A True Epidemic

RealNeat

Really need some help guys and gals. With biofilms and all that involed Im not quite sure what to do anymore. Its not me obviously, but, its been going on for months now. I need some questions answered on bacterial balance in the female regions and if antibiotics or probiotics would be better. Any experience or knowledge highly appreciated. Very frustrating for a couple to go through.

The internet is littered with women who are unable to beat this thing. Especially African american females. Im guessing it has something to do with vitamin D?

yerrag

What does BV mean? Biofilm Vaginosis?

yerrag

Bacterial Vaginosis
Thanks.

It's worthwhile to consider urine therapy. I'm currently reading "Your Own Perfect Medicine" by Martha Christy. An incomplete copy of it is available here:

https://www.allegedlydave.com/download.php?filename=Your-Own-Perfect-Medicine-by-Martha-Christy.pdf

And a complete copy is available from www.scribd.com If not a member, you can read it through a 7-day trial subscription.

If a paper book is needed, it's available from Amazon or used book dealers.

There's mention of using urine therapy to threat bacterial problems from the bladder to the vagina.

Tarmander

From what I have seen in healthfood stores, probiotics work better than antibiotics. I have heard of women using clindamycin and other very powerful antibiotics which should nuke any bad bacteria for good, but it keeps coming back. I would go on an experimental journey of different probiotics, journaling which help and which don't.

If you really want to go deep, you can get personalized recommendations: Female EcologiX | Vaginal Microbiome Test | Invivo

Ras

Really need some help guys and gals. With biofilms and all that involed Im not quite sure what to do anymore. Its not me obviously, but, its been going on for months now. I need some questions answered on bacterial balance in the female regions and if antibiotics or probiotics would be better. Any experience or knowledge highly appreciated. Very frustrating for a couple to go through.

The internet is littered with women who are unable to beat this thing. Especially African american females. Im guessing it has something to do with vitamin D?
Have you tried a hydrogen peroxide douche? There is some literature showing it to be effective.

L_C

Two things that helped me when I had BV:
1. Boric acid suppositories by Boric Life

2. Stopped being mad ay my partner which triggered BV.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
3 Things were turning points: years ago (paid for myself on $3 / hr wages and I had no health insurance either, as I recall) a urologist did some physical work on my bladder area pipes - an in-office procedure and very minor; secondly quit wearing underwear under any circumstances - therefore allowing more ventilation, and third was oregano oil capsules used sparingly as if they were official 'antibiotics'.

The main thing SINCE that time, having fewer but some recurrent issues involved (in lesser frequency from the 1990s through 2014): remedies tried included: getting 'official' antibiotics by insurance doctors (NOT advisable), taking cranberry-whatever 'health store' supplements and related items and using d-mannose etc. but the BREAKTHROUGH WAS discovering Tom Brimeyer and now Raymond Peat thinking, and getting to the core of all those issues.

My lifelong hypothyroidism symptoms (as well as histamine issues as I've recently discovered) diagnosed finally 'officially' as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis led to insurance doctors saying take some synthetic T4 and get over yourself (if you don't, then take some Prozac), doing that 8 years and going into RT3 overload and having a Complete Meltdown Fatigue Thyroid Collapse as I term it, in 2016.

Anyhow, after much counteracting of prevailing conditions the bladder and UTI and yeast infections and all that have GONE AWAY. If any of that REARS up for a single moment, I take a single Oregano Oil capsule or maybe two and it's DEFEATED. So I say there are both Physical and Supplemental means to combat the issues but the best answer is Diet and Metabolism Improvement.

All the best and keep on with all efforts to do what works for you, listen to your body and maintain calm (easier said than done I know believe me!)

Grapelander

Treatment with camu camu ( Myrciaria dubia) prevents obesity by altering the gut microbiota and increasing energy expenditure in diet-induced obese mice The consumption of fruits is strongly associated with better health and higher bacterial diversity in the gut microbiota (GM). Camu camu (Myrciaria dubia) is an Amazonian fruit with a unique phytochemical profile, strong antioxidant potential and purported anti-inflammatory potential.

Selective Essential Oils from Spice or Culinary Herbs Have High Activity against Stationary Phase and Biofilm Borrelia burgdorferi
The top three hits, oregano, cinnamon bark, and clove bud completely eradicated all viable cells without any regrowth in subculture in fresh medium...

Anti-biofilm, nitric oxide inhibition and wound healing potential of purpurin-18 phytyl ester isolated from Clinacanthus nutans leaves

Berberine Antifungal Activity in Fluconazole-Resistant Pathogenic Yeasts: Action Mechanism Evaluated by Flow Cytometry and Biofilm Growth Inhibition in Candida spp

The in vitro antibiofilm activity of selected culinary herbs and medicinal plants against Listeria monocytogenes

inhibition of a preformed biofilm was more difficult to achieve, with only three extracts (Rosmarinus officinalis, Mentha piperita and Melaleuca alternifolia) inhibiting the growth of both strains by at least 50%.

Chlorogenic acid attenuates virulence factors and pathogenicity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa by regulating quorum sensing
Chlorogenic acid (CA), abundant in fruits, vegetables, and Chinese herbs, processes multiple activities. In this research, we explored its quorum sensing quenching activity...
Chlorogenic acid is present in the flesh of eggplants, peaches, prunes and coffee beans.

ANTI-QUORUM SENSING ACTIVITY OF SOME MEDICINAL PLANTS
The extracts of Citrus sinensis, Laurus nobilis, Elettaria cardamomum, Allium cepa, and Coriandrum sativum exhibited potent quorum quenching effect.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Thank you guys for all the info. It was interesting to see occams razor play out so clearly. There was apparently a lodged tampon deep in the vagina causing all the issues... Using cacao butter suppositories it coated the tampon and released it... a year later.

yerrag

Apparently it was a question of remembering to remove the tampon, but not that it's unusual to forget. I can sometimes not recall if I took a supplement today because yesterday seemed like today. Did an ultrasound reveal a tamponic structure?

Thank you guys for all the info. It was interesting to see occams razor play out so clearly. There was apparently a lodged tampon deep in the vagina causing all the issues... Using cacao butter suppositories it coated the tampon and released it... a year later.
I currently have BV, 4.5 years straight now. I was still using tampons around the time this started and could see how one could get forgotten about. Now I'm panicking thinking I've had one inside me this whole time possibly??? Obviously i can't feel anything, and have had 3 doctors look inside me these past 4.5 years without seeing anything. How did you end up finding it? Ultrasound??

Advocate2021

Yes! It's really powerful stuff ..especially great for any vaginal bacterial issues. As far as biofilm in the gut...I would suggest oregano oil as the #1
Hi Did you use this specifically for BV diagnosed via culture? I have taken this in the past for yeast effectively and thought a recent flare up was yeast so began it again- the Thorne product. But just found out the culture revealed BV and not yeast. What does frequency and duration to treat BV if this is the case. i am taking currently 3 gel caps twice per day (5 gels caps are 250 mg of undenelynic acid) and was thinking of upping to three times per day at that dose. commentary on line said the directions on the bottle were overkill which says to do 5 capsules two to three times per day but open to trying that if needed for this. thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals