Cottage Cheese & Fresh Flax Seed Oil Cures Cancer

Obi-wan

A review of the scientific literature concluded that selenium yeast from reputable manufacturers is adequately characterized, of reproducible quality, and shows no evidence of toxicity in long-term supplementation studies at doses as high as 400 and 800 micrograms per day (exceeding the EC tolerable upper intake level of 300 micrograms per day).[34]-Wikipedia

Amazoniac

Greetings dear Amazoniac, Master of Mineralism,
Thank you for your thoughts and interjections. I have indeed read that thread and many others in which you have so kindly contributed mineralised must-knows to this forum. Long may you continue, i marvel at your stamina.
Now, to the metalloid at hand - Dr Koch continues....

“The selenium exists in two forms, inorganic and in organic combination. The former is more easily eliminated from the system, but it is the amount that kills, not the particular form in which it is taken. Fortunately it is known that selenium exists in the heavy clay-like soil, while sandy soil and coral reef soils do not contain it. Therefore, foods like rye, that are grown on sand, are free from this poison. This is one reason rye should be eaten instead of wheat, which is grown mostly on the heavy soils where selenium abounds.”

.......The choice of foods calls for the avoidance of selenium containing wheat, peas, corn, etc. and the avoidance of foods poisoned with insecticides. It is within the power of the Food and Drug Administration to correct the whole food poisoning situation, and just now the public’s worry over insecticide and carcinogenic contaminations of our foods is calling for some protective action. But this action is even now as stingy as it can be and no protections against Selenium contaminations are offered as yet. If such neglect continues, it will be necessary for those who are able to organize their own farming services and see to it that the ground is fertilized scientifically by organic procedures so the plants are correctly nourished, healthy and resistant to insect attack. In fact, it attack the sickly plants rather than good healthy stock. Selenium-free soil will be used, and crops rotated wisely."

And so dear Amazoniac, you may be correct in thinking that Dr Koch was more concerned with the risks coming to light re Se at the time. But, this is a man whose understanding of chemistry in living things was profound and he is suggesting 'homeopathic' doses. Would that not be less than mcg? Were his reagents not similarly dilute?

Best wishes,
Sheila
I don't think he had a specific amount in mind, it's just the notion that these minerals work best in the body in small amounts in relation to their occurrence in soils for example.

William F. Koch Research Site
The Survival Factor in Neoplastic and Viral Diseases 1955, 1958-1961, Portuguese Edition, 1960, German Edition, 1966

Like it was mentioned, the bulk of his research was when there was little awareness about humanoid needs.

An Overview of Selenium Uptake, Metabolism, and Toxicity in Plants
The breakthrough in selenium (Se) research came into existence in 1957, when Schwartz and Foltz showed that addition of Se in fodder prevented muscular dystrophy and liver cirrhosis in rats (Rayman, 2000). Another turning point in Se research came through the discovery of Se in enzyme Glutathione peroxidase (Rotruck et al., 1973; Behne and Kyriakopoulos, 2001).

Since his work is all about restoring sound functioning, you can't neglect the buttlPardon radieuse, it's you, so the immeasurable publications on the role of selenium in health that appeared since then. However the development of anesthesiology occurred much earlier. Why Koch didn't just open a book?

Last edited:

Sheila

My dear Amazoniac,
I don't think he had a specific amount in mind, it's just the notion that these minerals work best in the body in small amounts in relation to their occurrence in soils for example.
I could not agree more, yet he did not single out others for such comment. Are we just to conclude that a man of this experience and stature had a Se in his Bonnet about this mineral? Or did he understand better where Se compounds fit wrt S compounds and their oxidation/reduction potential and how Se as antioxidant could work against FCG? I do not know, hence my question. I do take note of all the literature since then of course to which Obi-wan's light saber has kindly re-cut a swathe.

Yet here also, the authors are careful, bold emphasis is mine:

"There is a growing appreciation that it is not just the total intake of dietary Se that is important to health but that the species of Se ingested may also be important. The present review attempts to catalogue what is known about Se species in foods and supplements and the health effects in which they are implicated. The biosynthetic pathways involved in Se assimilation by plants and the way in which Se species are metabolised in animals are presented in order to give an insight into the species likely to be present in plant and animal foods. Known data on the species of Se in the food chain and in food supplements are tabulated along with their concentrations and the analytical methodology used. The latter is important, since identification that is only based on retention-time matching with authentic standards must be considered as tentative: for evidence of structural confirmation, fragmentation of the molecular ion in addition to MS data is required. Bioavailability, as normally defined, is higher for organic Se species. Health effects, both beneficial and toxic, thought to be associated with specific Se species are described. Potent anti-tumour effects have been attributed to the low-molecular-weight species, Se-methyl-selenocysteine and its γ-glutamyl-derivative, found in a number of edible plants of the Allium and Brassica families. There remain considerable gaps in our knowledge of the forms of Se that naturally occur in foods. Without adequate knowledge of Se speciation, false conclusions may be drawn when assessing Se requirements for optimal health."

I am reminded of your find here regarding the seminal research on Mn and glyphosate....again, bold emphasis is mine (what a lovely thing to claim!):

"It might be anticipated that a simple Mn mineral supplement could correct for the problem of glyphosate's chelation of Mn, but this assumption is almost certainly false. We suggest that glyphosate's disruption of Mn homeostasis leads to extreme sensitivity to Mn bioavailability, making it easy to err in the direction of either too little or too much.[103] Our investigations into the body's mechanisms for transporting Mn has revealed a likely pathway from the liver to the brain that would induce Mn toxicity in the brainstem nuclei whenever Mn is plentiful but glyphosate is also present. A strong clue comes from the condition, “manganism,” closely resembling PD, which develops following chronic occupational exposure to airborne nanoparticles containing Mn.[163,172,244] In addition to evidence from direct occupational exposure, geographical studies in the US have shown a higher incidence of PD in urban areas with higher industrial release of Mn.[312]"

Since his work is all about restoring sound functioning, you can't neglect the buttlPardon radieuse, it's you, so the immeasurable publications on the role of selenium in health that appeared since then. However the development of anesthesiology occurred much earlier. Why Koch didn't just open a book?

Because the true method of knowledge, as some old chappy once said, is experiment? To which some other old wag replied "But first, do no harm!"

Whatever the mcg of the moment, of course you know you have the last laugh dear Amazoniac, a deep and gorgeous historical rabbit hole of anaesthesia clickbait beckons, a pox on you Master Mineralist! But you could take Se for this - since it helps with your skin, apparently.

As Ever,
ShAlice

Amazoniac

I could not agree more, yet he did not single out others for such comment. Are we just to conclude that a man of this experience and stature had a Se in his Bonnet about this mineral? Or did he understand better where Se compounds fit wrt S compounds and their oxidation/reduction potential and how Se as antioxidant could work against FCG?
The idea (I guess) is to have adequate nutrition available for the body to keep oxidants and antioxidants in balance, so that when there's stress from methylglyoxal for example, the body has control owa it, otherwise it's just the uncontrolled oxidation that's characteristic of disease.
I do not know, hence my question. I do take note of all the literature since then of course to which Obi-wan's light saber has kindly re-cut a swathe.

Yet here also, the authors are careful, bold emphasis is mine:

"There is a growing appreciation that it is not just the total intake of dietary Se that is important to health but that the species of Se ingested may also be important. The present review attempts to catalogue what is known about Se species in foods and supplements and the health effects in which they are implicated. The biosynthetic pathways involved in Se assimilation by plants and the way in which Se species are metabolised in animals are presented in order to give an insight into the species likely to be present in plant and animal foods. Known data on the species of Se in the food chain and in food supplements are tabulated along with their concentrations and the analytical methodology used. The latter is important, since identification that is only based on retention-time matching with authentic standards must be considered as tentative: for evidence of structural confirmation, fragmentation of the molecular ion in addition to MS data is required. Bioavailability, as normally defined, is higher for organic Se species. Health effects, both beneficial and toxic, thought to be associated with specific Se species are described. Potent anti-tumour effects have been attributed to the low-molecular-weight species, Se-methyl-selenocysteine and its γ-glutamyl-derivative, found in a number of edible plants of the Allium and Brassica families. There remain considerable gaps in our knowledge of the forms of Se that naturally occur in foods. Without adequate knowledge of Se speciation, false conclusions may be drawn when assessing Se requirements for optimal health."
Do you mind if I share something that can perhaps pulverize the part of our encephalons (Travisord, don't judge) that was allocated for doubts?
Methioninase and selenomethionine but not Se-methylselenocysteine generate methylselenol and superoxide in an in vitro chemiluminescent assay: implications for the nutritional carcinostatic activity of selenoamino acids - ScienceDirect (vitrous)
I am reminded of your find here regarding the seminal research on Mn and glyphosate....again, bold emphasis is mine (what a lovely thing to claim!):

"It might be anticipated that a simple Mn mineral supplement could correct for the problem of glyphosate's chelation of Mn, but this assumption is almost certainly false. We suggest that glyphosate's disruption of Mn homeostasis leads to extreme sensitivity to Mn bioavailability, making it easy to err in the direction of either too little or too much.[103] Our investigations into the body's mechanisms for transporting Mn has revealed a likely pathway from the liver to the brain that would induce Mn toxicity in the brainstem nuclei whenever Mn is plentiful but glyphosate is also present. A strong clue comes from the condition, “manganism,” closely resembling PD, which develops following chronic occupational exposure to airborne nanoparticles containing Mn.[163,172,244] In addition to evidence from direct occupational exposure, geographical studies in the US have shown a higher incidence of PD in urban areas with higher industrial release of Mn.[312]"
I just plagiarized paymanz's work. I did it and I regret it. But it's a great article indeed.
As Ever,
ShAlice
It's always relieving to know it's you and not some classy invader.

Obi-wan

@Travis, can you expand on L‐threonine. What amount would be enough to convert to methylgloxal?

Travis

@Travis, can you expand on L‐threonine. What amount would be enough to convert to methylgloxal?
It goes through an aminoacetone intermediate, after its decarboxylated in the liver.

You can find a few studies, on humans, showing that threonine increases aminoacetone in the blood; you can also find studies showing that aminoacetone in the blood leads to methylglyoxal, as you'd expect, through the ubiquitous enzyme monoamine oxidase.

But there is no one study focused on just this, in humans; but with with the evidence available you'd think it almost certain.

And there are microbial studies in yeast which show this: the addition of threonine leads to increased methylglyoxal and glyoxylase levels—the enzyme glyoxylase being upregulated to deal with the extra methylgloxal.

'...notably methylglyoxal, which is formed from the metabolism of triose phosphates, acetone and threonine.' ―Dixon

'Methylglyoxal is produced nonenzymatically from triose phosphates (7). Feeding L-threonine also elevates the level of methylglyoxal (7).' ―Vander Jagt

'Threonine catabolism via aminoacetone, methylglyoxal, lactaldehyde and lactate in Bacillus
subtilis has been reported previously 1.' ―Willetts
If a person also takes lapachol, then you might expect methylglyoxal concentrations to be further amplified since glyoxyase I would be partially inhibited.

Many amino acids, besides becoming proteins, also donate their carbon skeleton to the body in other ways: leucine can be incorporated into cholesterol directly, tryptophan becomes serotonin and melatonin, tyrosine becomes adrenaline and dopamine, phenylalanine can becomes the same, histidine can become urocanic acid and histamine, aspartic acid is used to make cytosine, methionine used to make polyamines, arginine used for nitric oxide, serine to make phospholipids, and certainly more examples that I cannot think of right now. Many biochemists will speak of the threonine⟶methylglyoxal pathway as if it does occur. This really must happen, even if you have to piece together evidence from multiple studies.

Dixon, David P., et al. "Glutathione-mediated detoxification systems in plants." Current opinion in plant biology (1998)
Willetts, A. J. "Threonine metabolism in a strain of Bacillus subtilis: enzymes acting on methylglyoxal." Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-General Subjects (1970)
Vander Jagt, D. L., et al. "
Reduction of trioses by NADPH-dependent aldo-keto reductases. Aldose reductase, methylglyoxal, and diabetic complications." Journal of Biological Chemistry (1992)

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Cottage cheese mixed with Lapodin ala @haidut. We can call it the Travisord Diet...no cures intended of course...

Obi-wan

@bzmazu , you need to read this

Travis

Cottage cheese mixed with Lapodin ala @haidut. We can call it the Travisord Diet...no cures intended of course...
A person can take this amino acid directly! perhaps mix it with gelatin.

It could perhaps be a good idea to have methionine and arginine the limiting amino acids—perhaps with a bit more glycine, proline, and threonine. I think Koch might have agreed with this approach, and think he would have been interested in the idea that threonine can become methylglyoxal (we need just one time machine to find out what he says about this.)

I still think the Gerson‐type diet (sans linseed oil) with selenomethionine, threonine, pau d'arco, and baicalein would dissolve any tumor in less than a year; such reversals have been reported to occur using methylglyoxal (see Koch). I would lay my chips on this Gerson–Koch fusion, upregulated with a few plant and amino acid supplements known to increase methylgloxal and lower polyamines.

Last edited:

Obi-wan

The ultimate Travisord Cocktail; cottage cheese mixed with Lapodin with a sprinkle of yeast based selenium!

Flax Seed Oil Cures Cancer

tenor.gif

Travis

Baicalein is an inhibitor of CYP2C9,[15] an enzyme of the cytochrome P450 system that metabolizes drugs in the body. Can't do that one it would interfere with Xtandi.
That's okay, as lapachol and β-lapachone are better anyway. It would probably be a better idea just to drink more pau d'arco. Another good small molecule glyoxylase I inhibitor is hinokitiol—also from a tree bark.

The best cancer drugs are from tree barks: aspirin, β-lapachone, hinokitiol, and taxol. And of course threonine and selenomethionine can also be found in plants.. .

'Selenomethionine is the major selenocompound in cereal grains, grassland legumes and soybeans. Selenomethionine can also be the major selenocompound in selenium enriched yeast, but the amount can vary markedly depending upon the growth conditions. Se-methylselenocysteine is the major selenocompound in selenium enriched plants such as garlic, onions, broccoli florets and sprouts, and wild leeks.' ―Whanger

'The first interest in selenium related to its toxicity. The early work on selenium was summarized by Moxon and Rhian [1]. Selenium was discovered by Berzelius and Gahn in 1817 while examining the sediment from a sulfuric acid plant at Gripsholm, Sweden. Although as early as 1842 evidence was obtained for the toxicity of selenium, apparently the first authentic written record of selenium poisoning in livestock was the report by Madison in 1856, who was an Army surgeon stationed at Fort Randall which was then in the Nebraska territory. [more selenium‐bashing omitted for brevity] Therefore, a very damaging image had been created for selenium. With this background, it is easily understood that there were many skeptics when the first evidence was presented in 1957 that selenium might be an essential element [5]. From this inauspicious beginning, it is now recognized that there are at least 15 different mammalian selenoproteins or selenoenzymes and up to seven microbial selenoenzymes [6].' ―Whanger

'The selenium content of plants is dependent upon the area of growth (summarized in [33]), and vegetables such as rutabagas, cabbage, peas, beans, carrots, tomatoes, beets, potatoes and cucumbers contained a maximum of 6 μg selenium per gm even when grown on seleniferous soils. Other vegetables such as onions and asparagus were found to contain up to 17 μg selenium per gram when grown on these types of soils. Seleniferous soils are found mostly in the Rocky Mountain states [33], and plants growing in these areas will contain more selenium than those growing in other areas of the United States.' ―Whanger

'There is no known pathway in animals for synthesis of selenomethionine from inorganic selenium, but animals can convert selenomethionine to selenocysteine as indicated in Table 2. One day after injection of selenomethionine, there is about three times as much selenomethionine as selenocysteine in tissues, but five or more days afterwards, the majority (46% to 57%) of the selenium is present as selenocysteine [57,58]. From 15% to 36% of the selenium was present as selenate in tissues of fish [61].' ―Whanger

'After 4.5 years of supplementation of American subjects with selenium enriched yeast, the incidence of lung, colon and prostate cancers was surprisingly reduced by 46%, 58% and 64%, respectively [62]. Even though the selenium contents of each batch of yeast were reported to be determined, if the selenium composition varied greatly between batches as suggested in Tables 2 and 3, this could raise some questions about the significance of the results. These results, however, are consistent with more than 150 animal studies showing an inverse relationship between selenium intake and the incidence of chemically and virally induced tumors [15,16]. Obviously much more work is needed to establish the relationship of selenium to cancer in humans.' ―Whanger

'When methionine is limiting, a greater percentage of selenomethionine is incorporated nonspecifically into body proteins in place of methionine because the methionine-tRNA cannot distinguish between methionine and selenomethionine.' ―Whanger

'Selenomethionine is the predominant form of selenium found in cereal grains, soybeans and grassland legumes.' ―Whanger
There are many forms of selenium in plants, and even a few different individual types of Se‐amino acids. In the case of selenomethionine, yeast certainly seems to be the most suitable. Most other foods have selenium either in an inorganic form or primarily as selenocysteine, which doesn't inhibit polyamine synthesis.

Whanger, P. D. "Selenocompounds in plants and animals and their biological significance." Journal of the American College of Nutrition (2002)

Mossy

This is an great thread. Especially for someone like me who was on the Budwig protocol for quite a long time and am having to rid my body of a load of PUFA from the flax seeds and oil--I went through more than a 25lb bag of flax seed and gallons of flax oil. I do not have cancer (that I'm aware of), but I was told that I'm on the brink of having it and that my immune system was at "zero". Anyway, I'm thankful to no longer be on the Budwig protocol, and I think this Travis Cocktail is an interesting alternative.

Sheila

Like Banquo's ghost I return unbidden to whisper the following from Dr Koch p231

"Yeasts, the richest sources of vitamins, are taboo because of their high diamine toxin content."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Contemporaneous practitioners of Koch's work reported using yeast supplements, particularly for B12 and yeast ferment is mentioned in the Koch cook book. Perhaps solubilising reduces the diamines? Much like Dr Peat has said yeast cells are oestrogenic and suggested solubilising and drinking the solvent? (in this case water) Some of the minerals may be available too.

@ dearAmazoniac reference your unplagiarised find: never straightforward is it? That's the rabbit hole for you...the more you look, the more you find. But thank you.

Sincerely,

Sheila

Amazoniac

Gerson commented that at a certain point yogurt can be introduced, I think its avoidance in healthy people is unjustified. Since dairy is best in moderation, no one should be poisoned from the little lactic acid contained in there.

From his book:

"After six to twelve weeks, animal proteins are added in the form of pot cheese (saltless and creamless), yoghurt made from skimmed milk, and buttermilk."
"Cultured dairy proteins (yoghurt & pot cheese) should be added at (not before) the sixth to eighth week according to the physician's judgement (pp. 80, 145, 146, 235). Exception: use churned, not cultured buttermilk."​

Based on Koch's observations, if lactose is not digested properly, you're much better of allowing it to ferment outside of the body than once in the body. If ingested intact in such case, it will not only give the person a steady supply of uncontrolled lactic acid, but also create an environment that's favorable for the generation of biogenic amines. As it goes through the intestines, lactic acid ends up prevailing owa other organic acids, such as acetic, butyric and propionic, which appear from plant fiber; and makes that shift.
Outside of the body you have control over the fermenation, so there's no need for it to be harsh. Once ingested it will be cleared up fast and a fruit salad along can make up for the carbs. The same person that is prone to problems with lactose will likely develop others from the consumption of a single fruit, the meal diversity can help avoid this.
All in all, the presence of lactic acid in harmful amounts will be objectionable.

http://jfoodprotection.org/doi/pdf/10.4315/0362-028X-44.1.78
lactase is inactivated by heat treatment
Yogurt has been reported to be useful for individuals with allergies to milk proteins since yogurt proteins have a reduced allergenicity (Niv et al., Joe. cit.; Davis, 1975a and b).
Since lactose intolerants can tolerate yogurt, this product is useful for alleviating calcium deficiency (Kroger, Joe. cit.).
One of the main arguments against it could be the type of lactic acid being formed, however the amount is still little:
Yogurt contains both D(-) and L(+) lactic acid with the amount of D(-) increasing with storage and increased catabolism by L. bulgaricus. The amount of the L(+) isomer in yogurt compared with other fermented foods is given in Table 9 taken from Krusch (1978). Since the D(-) isomer is less actively metabolized in the human body than the L(+) isomer, it could lead to metabolic disturbances in a very unbalanced diet (Krusch, Joe. cit.). This is particularly so for babies and a limit of 200ml per 10 kg body weight per day has been recommended for young children (Davis, 197Sb). The L(+) isomer is completely harmless. It should be noted that both isomers improve the digestibility of the casein and aid in retention of calcium in the intestine (Krusch, Joe. cit.).

There are a few posts considering the addition of baking soda but the lactic acid will have to be dealt with just as equally as before.

Perhaps not a good idea to supplement pantothenic acid along with yogurt :ss:
STUDIES ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE LACTOBACILLUS BULGARICUS FACTOR AND PANTOTHENIC ACID

Attachments

• 0362-028x-44.1.78.pdf
    782 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Obi-wan

As I sit here consuming my Travisord Cocktail in suspended cancer animation I cannot help but reach out to all of you with my analogy of the Ray Peat Forum that I compare to a timeless school with many classes of debate and discussion. Having been to many classes and recognizing certain names and avatars it is a pleasure and delight to be able to discuss and debate with @Travis, @Sheila, and @Amazoniac in this classroom and personally invite @Koveras , @Drareg , and others as well.

Thank you always,
Ralf

BigBrain

how about Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine does it work particucarly for detox for gluthation.
Does it boost the gluthation levels less effective then selenomethionine and also does brazil nuts contain selenomethionine or which plant does contain good amounts ?

Last edited:

Amazoniac

As I sit here consuming my Travisord Cocktail in suspended cancer animation I cannot help but reach out to all of you with my analogy of the Ray Peat Forum that I compare to a timeless school with many classes of debate and discussion. Having been to many classes and recognizing certain names and avatars it is a pleasure and delight to be able to discuss and debate with @Travis, @Sheila, and @Amazoniac in this classroom and personally invite @Koveras , @Drareg , and others as well.

Thank you always,
Ralf
Guru, you forgot about the timeless teacher and part-time mapper of the female body: burtlan.

Zeus commented that selenium is added to yeast, so instead you can't just go for the isolated selenomethionine and a liver extract for example.

These are the two companies behind a lot of supplement manufacturers out there:
- ::Welcome to Selenium Select - Sabinsa Corporation :: @Dan
- Yeast-Free Selenium - Best Antioxidant Supplement | Nutrition 21 @Wich
It comes down to finding a reliable company that doesn't process 845 other products in the same machine and minimizing excipients. Other than that you can't expect much difference since they're probably obtaining their selenium from those.

Our dear @gilson dantas was consuming mostly cottage cheese and orange juice when he was trying to shrink his prostate; homemade broth, shrimp and liver weekly were also included. Supplemental thyroid and progesterone daily later became part, and some plant extracts such as guava leaves, sweet wormwood, etc. It didn't work as expected as far as I know. I wouldn't consume cottage cheese in large amounts without ample nutritional support or limit myself to oranges.
gilson, if you ever read this, let us know what you have learned since then, and if you would change anything based on what you know now.

Ps.: He has a Youtube channel and uploaded a video a week ago. I think he's fine.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals