Coronavirus Infection May Cause Lasting Damage Throughout The Body, Doctors Fear

LucyL

Yeah, they are really forcing the vaccines in schools now. Here in Washington state they mandated last year that if you didn't provide proof of vaccines you would not be allowed to return to school in the fall. Supposedly children are better able to handle chicken pox than adults, and I believe that's true. However, it's obviously not the harmless virus that we were told as children. I was born in '78 so I was exposed at an early age and I recall being absolutely miserable. Luckily I didn't get the measles like a lot of children did in the past year or so.

@achillea - to me this isn't an issue of believing doctors. First of all not all doctors are bad people. There are actually medical professionals on this forum who are open-minded, but just like if you worked at a company and there were rules at the company you'd be forced to abide by them or you'd be fired. If you'd spent half a million dollars on your education to become a doctor, would you really be in a position to stand up to the authority of a.) big pharma b.) the almighty insurance companies c.) the FDA and other federal departments that would take your license without blinking an eye? Unfortunately doctors are people like you and me who got duped into buying into an ideal of helping people by basically becoming a slave to the system that allows them to do that. It's like saying all military people are evil because the powers that be are basically forcing them to do their bidding. Doctors are pawns.

If your issue is with vaccines, how about these apples? (Regarding measles)

"These estimates are the result of statistical modeling undertaken by WHO. Each year, the model is adjusted for the entire time series – from 2000 to the current year. This year’s modelling shows that there were 9,769,400 estimated measles cases and 142,300 related deaths globally in 2018, decreasing from 28,219,100 cases and 535,600 deaths in 2000. In 2017, there were 7,585,900 estimated cases and 124,000 estimated deaths."

In 2018:

"in the African region, there were 1,759,000 total cases and 52,600 deaths;"

"in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, 2,852,700 cases and 49,000 deaths"

"n Southeast Asia, 3,803,800 cases and 39,100 deaths"

Of course none of the deaths actually occurred in the United States, so no one cares!

I had chickenpox probably about 1978. My only memory of it is standing on a chair at the kitchen counter helping myself to the bottle of calamine lotion to rub on the itchies. About as miserable as mosquito season, so break out the DDT!

Deaths from measles don't occur (very often) in the United States because we have incredible sanitation and decent healthcare. Perhaps we should spend more time forcing sanitation and healthcare on countries instead of democracy.

Legit.ng on Twitter
20-year-old first class Anatomy graduate of Delta State University, Ishicheli Grace Kenechi is making face masks with beads after observing that some people find it hard to breathe with the popular face masks. Isn't this innovative? #LegitStories #payusviaBVN #coronavirus

LucyL

I thin this is in line with the fact that the Angiotensin-Receptor is exprimed by many organs and targets or it's due to the fact that CoV2 enters cells via RBC. In any case, there is a certain risk that an infection leaves your health impaired afterwards

Coronavirus infection may cause lasting damage throughout the body, doctors fear

For a world grappling with the new coronavirus, it’s becoming increasingly clear that even when the pandemic is over, it won’t really be over.

Now doctors are beginning to worry that for patients who have survived COVID-19, the same may be true.

For the sickest patients, infection with the new coronavirus is proving to be a full-body assault, causing damage well beyond the lungs. And even after patients who become severely ill have recovered and cleared the virus, physicians have begun seeing evidence of the infection’s lingering effects.

In a study posted this week, scientists in China examined the blood test results of 34 COVID-19 patients over the course of their hospitalization. In those who survived mild and severe disease alike, the researchers found that many of the biological measures had “failed to return to normal.”...........

A pediatrician told me she was a type 1 diabetic since childhood, as a result of having measles (i think it was measles, could have been another childhood illness). I remember Peat talked about that type of development once, and seemed of the opinion that the pancreas could heal in time, and the diabetes that followed an illness was not a life sentence. I've wondered if her lifetime struggle was a result of over-reacting and improper metabolic support.

It seems likely the same here. Such a fantastic opportunity for metabolic support and time allowed to recover. Much like treating the virus, no clinical trials to hamper critical thought. The condition of "lasting" could be medically induced.

alywest

I had chickenpox probably about 1978. My only memory of it is standing on a chair at the kitchen counter helping myself to the bottle of calamine lotion to rub on the itchies. About as miserable as mosquito season, so break out the DDT!

Deaths from measles don't occur (very often) in the United States because we have incredible sanitation and decent healthcare. Perhaps we should spend more time forcing sanitation and healthcare on countries instead of democracy.

Legit.ng on Twitter
20-year-old first class Anatomy graduate of Delta State University, Ishicheli Grace Kenechi is making face masks with beads after observing that some people find it hard to breathe with the popular face masks. Isn't this innovative? #LegitStories #payusviaBVN #coronavirus

https://twitter.com/legitngnews/status/1249991724505669632/photo/2
Perhaps! It seems a lot more feasible as it's not an ideology but rather simple and basic science.

Peater Piper

Well there's now 5 countries on EuroMomo with higher excess mortality rates right now that at any point since 2015, and that's despite this being the time of year when overall mortality is usually well in decline. Plus NYC, 10k suspected COVID-19 deaths in the last month alone is more than double the average mortality rate and is worse than any month dating back to the start of the century.

Well there's now 5 countries on EuroMomo with higher excess mortality rates right now that at any point since 2015, and that's despite this being the time of year when overall mortality is usually well in decline. Plus NYC, 10k suspected COVID-19 deaths in the last month alone is more than double the average mortality rate and is worse than any month dating back to the start of the century.

most deaths have been relabeled Covid-19 without any verification.

tankasnowgod

No proof that those 3,700K cases they just "added" were from anytime in the past month in NYC. Otherwise, they are giving you state total deaths, and that is still within the state average (especially as they aggressively re-label deaths "COVID 19"). In any case, even if so, that would be a bit of a monthly aberration.

Same thing can be happening with the weekly data in the Euro Momo data. There are some with high Z Scores, but that is only for a week or two. You might have wild zig zags in that data, that can be attributed to having a massive amount of health care personal laid off or furloughed.

Not only that, but Euro Momo even notes that recent weeks should be interpreted with caution-
"The number of deaths in the recent weeks should be interpreted with caution as adjustments for delayed registrations may be imprecise. Furthermore, results of pooled analyses may vary depending on countries included in the weekly analyses. Pooled analyses are adjusted for variation between the included countries and for differences in the local delay in reporting."

Last edited:

Collden

Not if they are adding deaths from January and February. Show the total mortality stats from NYC.
To clarify I was talking about the Euromomo data, don't know the NYC stats. Euromomo is currently even underestimating the actual mortality numbers since it takes about 5 weeks to get close to 100% of the reports for any particular week.

RealNeat

To clarify I was talking about the Euromomo data, don't know the NYC stats. Euromomo is currently even underestimating the actual mortality numbers since it takes about 5 weeks to get close to 100% of the reports for any particular week.
would be interesting to see if they have stats on how many of these deaths were ventilated and when.

Peater Piper

No proof that those 3,700K cases they just "added" were from anytime in the past month in NYC. Otherwise, they are giving you state total deaths, and that is still within the state average (especially as they aggressively re-label deaths "COVID 19"). In any case, even if so, that would be a bit of a monthly aberration.
NYC has its own data. They're now nearing 11k deaths within the city from COVID-19 suspected cases alone dating back to March 15th. A typical month is under 5k deaths. That's a huge number that's never been approached in any other month during this century.

Same thing can be happening with the weekly data in the Euro Momo data. There are some with high Z Scores, but that is only for a week or two. You might have wild zig zags in that data, that can be attributed to having a massive amount of health care personal laid off or furloughed.
I've been checking the charts most days, their predictive numbers have held relatively steady. I don't think you're going to see any line suddenly drop all the way back to baseline, they're going to remain high, the question is just how high. There's no question they're all well above their averages for this time of year. We had this discussion weeks ago, and you pointed out Italy still hadn't exceeded its recent flu seasons. Well, it looks like they have at this point, unfortunately.

tankasnowgod

NYC has its own data. They're now nearing 11k deaths within the city from COVID-19 suspected cases alone dating back to March 15th. A typical month is under 5k deaths. That's a huge number that's never been approached in any other month during this century.

If you are looking at the COVID tracker, that can include retroactive deaths, like those 3700 added. I want to see your chart on All Cause Mortality, specifically for NYC. It needs to go back at least to 2000.

kinetic

most deaths have been relabeled Covid-19 without any verification.

Each time anew, I am surprised, how you manage to ignore the plain reality..

May I ask, what other deaths have unjustfuly been relabeled/put into the Covid-19 basket?

A typical italian newspeper has about 3 times more daily obituaries than at any other time (or identical periods of previous years).

I am truely interested, how the forum’s anaesthesiologist, intensivist, pulmonologist, endocrinologist and inventor&mastermind in the field of respiratory care (in the same person) will interpret the above fact (yet another time)..

Peater Piper

If you are looking at the COVID tracker, that can include retroactive deaths, like those 3700 added. I want to see your chart on All Cause Mortality, specifically for NYC. It needs to go back at least to 2000.
The NYC Health Department is tracking their own numbers, and they're lower than the ones the state is reporting for the city since they're taking the time to verify first. Since March 15th, there's been 6,840 lab-confirmed COVID-19 deaths, and 4,059 potential COVID-19 deaths. Even if you took only the 6,840 lab-confirmed deaths and assumed there were no deaths from other causes, it would still exceed the all-cause mortality of every single month dating back to 2000. Also, the lab-confirmed deaths are dated by day of death, so they're not retroactive.

COVID-19: Data - NYC Health

If you want to look at the all-cause mortality for every month, you can either use Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2018 Request, or you can go back through each year using the summaries provided by the city government, for example: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/vs/2017sum.pdf. Or the easiest is just to check the numbers already pooled together by the Times: Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total. I compared their numbers for several years to the .gov pdf's and I didn't see any discrepancies. There's many years where not even a single month exceeded 5k deaths.

Each time anew, I am surprised, how you manage to ignore the plain reality..

May I ask, what other deaths have unjustfuly been relabeled/put into the Covid-19 basket?

A typical italian newspeper has about 3 times more daily obituaries than at any other time (or identical periods of previous years).

I am truely interested, how the forum’s anaesthesiologist, intensivist, pulmonologist, endocrinologist and inventor&mastermind in the field of respiratory care (in the same person) will interpret the above fact (yet another time)..

There is a good chance deaths are being reported multiple times.

You claim a “typical” Italian newspaper has 3 times more daily obits — where is your evidence of this?

I think that once the dust settles all-cause mortality will be no higher this year than it has been. If it is, it is because of serious flus that are typical but worse this year, such as H1N1.

Peater Piper

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

Up to 62000 deaths from flu in the USA 2019-20 season.
The CDC has a flu tracker: National Center for Health Statistics Mortality Surveillance System. I added up the numbers from the latest flu season and they came out at a little over 6k. The majority of deaths are labeled as pneumonia, which they then add to the "flu" totals for what is really a flu/pneumonia death count. Also, it shows that pneumonia is peaking right now (COVID-19?), which is odd because it's usually closer to February, and flu-confirmed numbers are dropping. That means there's a lot of pneumonia cases being added to the flu totals that clearly aren't the flu.

kinetic

where is your evidence of this?

Well, the ‘evidence’ to which I orientate myself by personaly, is daily communication with italian aquaintances, friends and video-conferences with italian and european medical professionals, reading case reports.

The severity of the problem is totaly obvious even in the rest of Europe, where the pandemic could not really spread as it could in Italy, because strict measures against the spread of disease had been undertaken soon enough. Yet the european medical system is over-stretched even from the amount of sufferers of this limited spread.

But if you persist to seek ‘evidence’ in the form of a newspaper, I offer to you a Facebook post of a FB user, that has hit most publicity on social media, because of the man’s end thought:

Newspaper: Eco di Bergamo
Compared: 9th February vs. 13th March

1.5 pages vs. 10

Because I think, the professor doesn’t speak any foreign language besides his own mother tongue, I am translating the comment, with which the man finishes the video:

“So much about just a simple flu”

Last edited:

RealNeat

Well, the ‘evidence’ to which I orientate myself by personaly, is daily communication with italian aquaintances, friends and video-conferences with italian and european medical professionals, reading case reports.

The severity of the problem is totaly obvious even in the rest of Europe, where the pandemic could not really spread as it could in Italy, because strict measures against the spread of disease had been undertaken soon enough. Yet the european medical system is over-stretched even from the amount of sufferers of this limited spread.

But if you persist to seek ‘evidence’ in the form of a newspaper, I offer to you a Facebook post of a FB user, that has hit most publicity on social media, because of the man’s end thought:

Newspaper: Eco di Bergamo
Compared: 9th February vs. 13th March

1.5 pages vs. 10

Because I think, the professor doesn’t speak any foreign language besides his own mother tongue, I am translating the comment, with which the man finishes the video:

“So much about just a simple flu”

Ok so no evidence lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals