Calcium In Excess Of Seawater Ratio Dangerous

Hugh Johnson

J

jb116

I think the actual high phosphate to calcium intake with most people's diets and its negative effect is misconstrued as a "high calcium intake is not good" effect to a lot of unsuspecting people.

baccheion

Plants demand more magnesium (, potassium, ) and nitrogen (aka, protein) when phosphorus increases.

Magnesium does many things associated with slowing aging/degeneration.

Ancestral man would get 1.5g/day magnesium.

The original RDA document set magnesium at 400 mg with the expectation that 800 mg calcium would be consumed. Further, it stated the 2:1 ratio was more important than the amount. Before setting it to 400 mg, it was set at 800 mg to match calcium. 800 mg calcium, 700 mg phosphorus, and 800 mg magnesium.

1 : 1 : 1 Ca : P : Mg is the target, likely with about 1.2g or 1.5g of each.

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

Thanks for all your replies. With dairy as the foundation to one's diet, is there anyway to get to higher levels of Mg that get close to 1:1 without supplementation?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for all your replies. With dairy as the foundation to one's diet, is there anyway to get to higher levels of Mg that get close to 1:1 without supplementation?
Peat mentioned that the calcium to magnesium ratio is milk is perfect. No need to do a 1:1 ratio. Your body should be able to retain magnesium perfectly well if thyroid is working.

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

This is encouraging, thank you for the reply.

Peat mentioned that the calcium to magnesium ratio is milk is perfect. No need to do a 1:1 ratio. Your body should be able to retain magnesium perfectly well if thyroid is working.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States

Subjectively, this didn't work out for me ince I started taking NDT, even with high mag intake from eggs etc. Hitting 1:1 made everything almost perfect; plenty of things e.g. vaccinations can skyrocket mag requirements so Peats statement would be more applicable to a more or less functionally intact body in my opinion

Hans

Forum Supporter
Subjectively, this didn't work out for me ince I started taking NDT, even with high mag intake from eggs etc. Hitting 1:1 made everything almost perfect; plenty of things e.g. vaccinations can skyrocket mag requirements so Peats statement would be more applicable to a more or less functionally intact body in my opinion
Are you still doing 1:1 ratio? Also how much calcium are you consuming daily?

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

Yes. 1.5-ish of both, .5 or so g of the mag is topical depending on what I eat so the real ratio may be off depending on absorption
May I ask what brand of topical magnesium you use and where you find application to be most efficacious on your skin?

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

oral Mg is the most researched and the only physiologic way to consume it.
Not according the the experience of @snacks .

I have thus far primarily consumed hi mineral content sparking water (i.e. Properties - Donat Mg) or on occasion added Epsom Salt to a morning glass of water with salt and potassium bicarbonate. I don't otherwise drink water though and only drink 300ml in the am to facilitate the minerals.

baccheion

Whole milk is technically a low-carb food. Low-carb may be associated with such a calcium:magnesium ratio. For example, egg yolks, a pure keto food, also have a higher calcium:magnesium ratio.

In one of his videos, he had a face color said to line up with magnesium deficiency.

I believe thyroid was associated with increased aldosterone, something that lowers magnesium/potassium and increases sodium.

More carbs = more magnesium?

Osteoporosis is less prevalent when the calcium:magnesium ratio found in milk was doubled in well water. They went from 10:1 to 5:1 and it cut rates.

The RDA document highlighted the 2:1 ratio.

In the claim of the person associated with originating the 2:1 ratio, it was stated as the minimum amount of magnesium to handle that much calcium.

The RDA was originally 800 mg calcium and 800 mg magnesium. Looking at the bioavailable amounts when split across 3 servings would set the bioavailable ratio to maintain (pretty much still 1:1). With more calcium, maybe less magnesium is required due to differences in absorption. On the other hand, 1g of calcium at once (20% absorption) will likely saturate transporters and proportionally lower magnesium (, zinc, and iron) bioavailability.

As calcium can interfere with magnesium absorption and magnesium isn't as likely to block calcium, even more magnesium (<= 1:1 Ca:Mg) may be needed to maintain balance when higher amounts of calcium are consumed at once.

SOMO

Even if Ca:Mg Ratio is 5:1, the ratio of P:C is much higher.

Also Phosphorus also has "Sympathetic" or "excitatory" properties, like Calcium, but receives less of the blame.

baccheion

Even if Ca:Mg Ratio is 5:1, the ratio of P:C is much higher.

Also Phosphorus also has "Sympathetic" or "excitatory" properties, like Calcium, but receives less of the blame.
It went to 5:1 via addition of magnesium.

1:1 Ca:P seems to be the ratio in play in that scenario.

RDA was originally 800 mg Ca, 700 mg phosphorus, and 800 mg magnesium.

gately

Just to back up @snacks claim: I have benefited for years from copious usage of topical magnesium, and nearly everyone I have suggested it to has benefited from it. It saved my **** after Cipro wrecked my health and trying to increase mag through diet or mag glycinate, mag citrate, and mag oxide did nothing for me.

I'm going to be trialing magnesium bicarbonate solution for the first time tomorrow, and will be curious what I notice, if anything.

Also, I have used various brands of topical mag chloride and they all seem to work fine.

All that said, just because a bunch of people benefit from dramatically increasing their magnesium status, doesn't mean everyone will. The twitter poster seems to think we should base our nutritional needs on the mineral content of seawater...which seems to me like, just about, the dumbest thing I've ever read in over a decade of nutritional research.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals