Calcium In Excess Of Seawater Ratio Dangerous

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Just to back up @snacks claim: I have benefited for years from copious usage of topical magnesium, and nearly everyone I have suggested it to has benefited from it. It saved my **** after Cipro wrecked my health and trying to increase mag through diet or mag glycinate, mag citrate, and mag oxide did nothing for me.

I'm going to be trialing magnesium bicarbonate solution for the first time tomorrow, and will be curious what I notice, if anything.

Also, I have used various brands of topical mag chloride and they all seem to work fine.

All that said, just because a bunch of people benefit from dramatically increasing their magnesium status, doesn't mean everyone will. The twitter poster seems to think we should base our nutritional needs on the mineral content of seawater...which seems to me like, just about, the dumbest thing I've ever read in over a decade of nutritional research.

Bicarbonate orally feels interesting. Have never tried it topically

gately

Bicarbonate orally feels interesting. Have never tried it topically
What did you notice from mag bicarb orally? (I can't remember if we already talked about it.) I'm seeing a lot of people on instagram get into it because of that Matt Blackburn guy shilling LivePristine's protocol. A lot of people seem to love it.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
What did you notice from mag bicarb orally? (I can't remember if we already talked about it.) I'm seeing a lot of people on instagram get into it because of that Matt Blackburn guy shilling LivePristine's protocol. A lot of people seem to love it.

Have you ever taken baking soda with a drink? Similar feeling of being settled but energetic but more strongly equanimous

gately

Have you ever taken baking soda with a drink? Similar feeling of being settled but energetic but more strongly equanimous
Sounds great, tbh. Will report back to this thread tomorrow if I notice anything cool.

SOMO

Just to back up @snacks claim: I have benefited for years from copious usage of topical magnesium, and nearly everyone I have suggested it to has benefited from it. It saved my **** after Cipro wrecked my health and trying to increase mag through diet or mag glycinate, mag citrate, and mag oxide did nothing for me.

I'm going to be trialing magnesium bicarbonate solution for the first time tomorrow, and will be curious what I notice, if anything.

Also, I have used various brands of topical mag chloride and they all seem to work fine.

All that said, just because a bunch of people benefit from dramatically increasing their magnesium status, doesn't mean everyone will. The twitter poster seems to think we should base our nutritional needs on the mineral content of seawater...which seems to me like, just about, the dumbest thing I've ever read in over a decade of nutritional research.

Is that Cipro or Cypro?

Cypropheptadine or Ciprofloxacin?

Dr. B

Whole milk is technically a low-carb food. Low-carb may be associated with such a calcium:magnesium ratio. For example, egg yolks, a pure keto food, also have a higher calcium:magnesium ratio.

In one of his videos, he had a face color said to line up with magnesium deficiency.

I believe thyroid was associated with increased aldosterone, something that lowers magnesium/potassium and increases sodium.

More carbs = more magnesium?

Osteoporosis is less prevalent when the calcium:magnesium ratio found in milk was doubled in well water. They went from 10:1 to 5:1 and it cut rates.

The RDA document highlighted the 2:1 ratio.

In the claim of the person associated with originating the 2:1 ratio, it was stated as the minimum amount of magnesium to handle that much calcium.

The RDA was originally 800 mg calcium and 800 mg magnesium. Looking at the bioavailable amounts when split across 3 servings would set the bioavailable ratio to maintain (pretty much still 1:1). With more calcium, maybe less magnesium is required due to differences in absorption. On the other hand, 1g of calcium at once (20% absorption) will likely saturate transporters and proportionally lower magnesium (, zinc, and iron) bioavailability.

As calcium can interfere with magnesium absorption and magnesium isn't as likely to block calcium, even more magnesium (<= 1:1 Ca:Mg) may be needed to maintain balance when higher amounts of calcium are consumed at once.

In an isolated situation, and in plant foods like orange juice, coconut water, spinach, you may see and need 1:1:1 calcium phosphorus and magnesium. But with something like milk this changes. Non fortified milk doesnt have much vitamin D3, but it does have calcium phosphorus near 1:1, much less magnesium, but it provides vitamin A as well as some vitamin K2 which both have some calcium antagonistic effects. If you add magnesium supplementation to milk, without adding vitamin D3, it may cause the reverse situation and antagonize calcium too much.

baccheion

In an isolated situation, and in plant foods like orange juice, coconut water, spinach, you may see and need 1:1:1 calcium phosphorus and magnesium. But with something like milk this changes. Non fortified milk doesnt have much vitamin D3, but it does have calcium phosphorus near 1:1, much less magnesium, but it provides vitamin A as well as some vitamin K2 which both have some calcium antagonistic effects. If you add magnesium supplementation to milk, without adding vitamin D3, it may cause the reverse situation and antagonize calcium too much.
I am saying more magnesium isn't needed when it's raw whole milk only. Otherwise, at least half as much magnesium is required. Vitamin A increases phorphorus absorption. Vitamin D3 does the same with calcium.

Cow milk has lower Ca:P than human breast milk, as it has a lower A : D3 ratio. More D3 = less calcium required. The only thing missing with raw milk is iron.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I am saying more magnesium isn't needed when it's raw whole milk only. Otherwise, at least half as much magnesium is required. Vitamin A increases phorphorus absorption. Vitamin D3 does the same with calcium.

Cow milk has lower Ca:P than human breast milk, as it has a lower A : D3 ratio. More D3 = less calcium required. The only thing missing with raw milk is iron.

why would raw milk change this? from what ive read vitamin A increases potassium, phosphorus and magnesium absorption while D decreases those but boosts sodium and calcium.

I dont think you can really apply supplement and plant based nutrient ratios to something like cows milk or animal products. if youre taking supplements it may be better to keep Ca and Mg in 1:1 but the problem doing that with cows milk is it might have calcium to mg in like a 10:1 ratio or something but at the same time it has vitamin A and phosphorus which counteract the calcium. Also cow milk is good nutrition but i think its also missing copper and manganese. it has like 1mg zinc per 8oz which can add up if you have a half gallon. probably missing C and E as well. coconut water and orange juice, plus liver can provide basically all of the remaining needed nutrients. not sure how much K2 is present in cow milk but ive heard cowfat has it...

TopGun1911

I've been following this person on twitter for a bit. They make some helpful claims, but ultimately it's the same old low carb nonsense, demonizing sugar and other therapeutic agents. Calcium is necessary and most people get too little of it, causing high PTH and calcium extraction from their bones.

In a recent call, Dr. Peat said he often gets more than 2000 up to 5000 mg of calcium per day and he seemed quite happy about it. I get around 2500 mg per day myself.

Dr. B

I've been following this person on twitter for a bit. They make some helpful claims, but ultimately it's the same old low carb nonsense, demonizing sugar and other therapeutic agents. Calcium is necessary and most people get too little of it, causing high PTH and calcium extraction from their bones.
why do you think vitamin d and A have opposite effects on minerals. apparently d3 boosts calcium/sodium whereas A reduces those but boosts magnesium, potassium, phosphate. normally this would make sense since the A would counter the higher calcium content of milk. but im wondering with regards to vitamin d supplements

In a recent call, Dr. Peat said he often gets more than 2000 up to 5000 mg of calcium per day and he seemed quite happy about it. I get around 2500 mg per day myself.

what do you use to get that much? and yeah i think that was on dannys podcast right. think ray said he used to drink a gallon of milk a day but now does half gallon a day? half gallon would be right around 2500mg calcium!