C15:0 pentadecanoic acid

Whichway?

Have people seen this new supplement called Fatty 15? Big claims are being made about it being an essential fatty acid, and having several metabolic benefits in dolphins where it was discovered, as well as in humans.

The website lays out the claims for your health. Pentadecanoic Acid Benefits: Promoting Your Metabolic Health

Of course they are selling a supplement of C15:0 which is quite expensive $150 USD for a 90 day course.

Has anybody heard about this supplement, or used it and can report on whether they were able to see any evidence of positive effects from its use?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Georgi is working on a product that contains it I think. He might have talked about it on the Mercola podcast or with Danny, I don't recall. Seems like good stuff. Keep in mind this fatty acid is mostly found in dairy fat.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have people seen this new supplement called Fatty 15? Big claims are being made about it being an essential fatty acid, and having several metabolic benefits in dolphins where it was discovered, as well as in humans.

The website lays out the claims for your health. Pentadecanoic Acid Benefits: Promoting Your Metabolic Health

Of course they are selling a supplement of C15:0 which is quite expensive $150 USD for a 90 day course.

Has anybody heard about this supplement, or used it and can report on whether they were able to see any evidence of positive effects from its use?

As @xeliex said, we are about to release a supplement that will contain that lipid, as well as another one, and it would be much cheaper than the fatty15 product.

Osukhan

very cool, after hearing about it in one of the podcasts ive been looking into it as well, looking forward to your release

Mauritio

As @xeliex said, we are about to release a supplement that will contain that lipid, as well as another one, and it would be much cheaper than the fatty15 product.
Do you know when, so I can time my next idealabs purchase accordingly?

tallglass13

Yes @haidut, when exactly are you releasing it, because I needed some other stuff and wanted to Plan 1 bigger Purchase. I have been excited about this new supplement.

Blaine

I've been using the Fatty 15 product for the past few weeks, after hearing Haidut mention it on a podcast. I didn't notice any dramatic changes upon starting it, though my sleep has been excellent recently, and I generally feel quite calm, which I think a few reviews mention. The company claims most people notice benefits within 3-6 months, although this could be an excuse to sell their expensive subscription. In any case I'll be happy to switch to Idealabs once their product is released.

tasfarelel

To my understanding, 15:0 is a fatty acid of bacterial origin. What beneficial action can it possibly have?

GTW

That odd number C fatty acids are typically the result of microbial fermentation action in ruminant digestion, since fats from plants are even # carbon molecules, means nothing re their health benefits and functions in human diets.
Interesting C15, in another study was found to have effects of antibiotics, chemotherapy, anti inflammatory, antidepressants. Nature's Wellbutrin! Oops! As my mother often said sarcastic tone, Is that good?!

Mauritio

I wonder if their effect is strinkingly different compared to myristate, laurate, or palmitate. So basically a different version of defibron...

BobbyJackson

Just picked up on this as well and glad to see Haidut is bringing out his own version.

Any ideas when it’ll be hitting the shelves Haidut?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Our product with both C15:0 and C17:0 is now available.

PhilParma

I wonder how much longer until this fatty acid is commercially available, in bulk powder. I'm interested in experimenting with it. There is an amazon listing, but according to reviews the vendor tends not to fulfill orders.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals