Diet (PUFA) Causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)

haidut

Rates of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis (UC) have been steadily increasing and predominantly so in the youngest cohorts studied. The official cause of UC is of course "unknown" even though the public health authorities do admit that an environmental agent is most likely at fault. UC is an "autoimmune" condition and as such estrogen, together with estrogen mimetics should be a prime suspect. One of the most ubiquitous estrogen mimetics are the PUFA family of fats, and one would expect to see them implicated as a possible cause of UC. That is exactly what the human study below found, and it did not hesitate to make the "controversial" statement that PUFA causes IBD! Of course, like so many other studies published in mainstream journals, this study also desperately tries to excuse its findings with the (unfounded) claims that while omega-6 are inflammatory and implicated in UC, the omega-3 are protective. However, the clock is ticking for omega-3 as well. Multiple large human trials found them at best useless for various chronic diseases and sales have hit rock bottom. I suspect that once the public completely loses interest in supplementing with fish oil, we will start seeing studies admitting their nefariousness on par with omega-6.

Linoleic acid, a dietary n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid, and the aetiology of ulcerative colitis: a nested case–control study within a European prospective cohort study
https://www.nature.com/articles/nrgastro.2009.224.pdf?origin=ppub
Diet 'causes bowel disease'

"...A high intake of polyunsaturated fat “may lead to inflammatory bowel disease”, BBC News has reported. According to the website, experts believe that a high intake of linoleic acid, found in foods such as margarines may be implicated in a third of ulcerative colitis cases. The study underlying this report looked at the diet and lifestyle of over 200,000 people and compared those who developed ulcerative colitis with a sample of those who remained healthy. It found that dietary linoleic acid may play a role in the development of ulcerative colitis. The findings need confirmation in studies of a more robust design as there are some shortcomings with this methodology. However, the results show a ‘dose-response’ relationship, with a higher dose of linoleic acid linked with an increased risk of disease. This supports the idea of a causal relationship."

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ursidae >70 g of PUFA a day | Does diet even matter? Diet 72
Korven German Doctor Treats MS With Low PUFA Diet (Stops Disease In 84% Of Patients) Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 25
wealthofwisdom What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet? Diet 49
Kingpinguin PUFA Has Greater Anti-epileptic Effect Than SFA In Ketogenic Diet According To Study Scientific Studies 1
milkboi Orlistat For Further Decreasing PUFA Intake On A Low PUFA Diet? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 22
milkboi MCTs Sufficient For Hormone Synthesis And Absorption Of Fat-soluble Vitamins On Low PUFA & Fat Diet Fats 28
J Setting Up My PUFA Depletion Diet Diet 18
Cirion Tryptophan / PUFA Depletion Diet? Diet 6
AretnaP Be Really Careful With Copper/zinc Ratio If Your Diet Isn't Super PUFA-free Toxins, Detoxification 8
haidut Stress Just As Bad As High-PUFA Diet For Your Health Scientific Studies 16
Luann L's Intense Pufa-free Diet! Diet 24
haidut Cheetahs In Captivity Die Early Due To High PUFA / Low Glycine Diet Scientific Studies 20
paka What Would You Take For PUFA Depletion Diet? Diet 15
DaveFoster The Peat Diet Guide: Hit Your Macros, Micros, And Banish PUFA Diet, Recipes 18
haidut Plant Diet Increases Risk Of Cancer And CVD Due To PUFA Scientific Studies 6
haidut High PUFA Diet Is Pro-aging, Diabetogenic, And Increases Cortisol Scientific Studies 29
haidut High PUFA Diet Effectively The Same As Diabetes, Aging And Cancer Scientific Studies 21
D Question On PUFA Depletion And My Diet. Diet 13
J PUFA In Breast Milk Influenced By Mother's Diet Scientific Studies 1
J Vitamin E on a PUFA-free Diet E 2
A The safety of high salt diet? Ask For Help or Advice 10
M Pls help me with my diet! Ask For Help or Advice 18
A Tweaked Steak and eggs diet? Diet 5
M What diet for intestinal inflammation Diet, Recipes 21
Atma 81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years Milk 17
ddjd insomnia from caffeine disappears on fruitarian diet Ask For Help or Advice 50
J Dr Gundry diet Diet 0
J High sugar diet has wrecked my teeth, Decay and dentist say i need filling Oral Health 36
M Magnesium & potassium rich diet for lazy people Ask For Help or Advice 12
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
GreekDemiGod Peaty supplements / diet increased my Prolactin and Estradiol. Why? Ask For Help or Advice 25
P forum suggestion - diet list accessible by hovering mouse over users Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 12
egoy The perfect diet? Questions Ask For Help or Advice 16
Mito Organic diet intervention significantly reduces urinary glyphosate levels in U.S. children and adults Articles & Scientific Studies 0
P feeling much better on a very low calorie diet Diet 23
G Steve Reeves: Example for a Peaty Diet ? Diet 2
Lokzo This Is How The Carnivore Diet Lowers Serotonin... Diet, Recipes 7
Tristan Loscha Vegetarian Diet And Mental Disorders: Results From A Representative Community Survey Scientific Studies 13
S Workout Diet With Supplements Supplements 11
S The Wageslave Diet Diet 14
S No Milk No OJ, Feedback For My Diet Please Diet 2
J Performance Vs Health In Diet Diet 4
A Anyone Tried A Pescatarian(ish) Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 2
I Niacin-like Flush From Diet Alone? Ask For Help or Advice 4
T I Tried Out Every Diet Under The Sun. Here I Share What I Learned Diet 45
Hgreen56 Ray Peat (high Sugar) Diet Works Only Temporarily (?) Diet 0
B Canine (domestic) Diet - Allergic Skin Conditions Animals 25
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 28
haidut Keto Diet Can Cause Lethal Kidney Failure Scientific Studies 4
P Best Diet For Chemo Cancer 5