Brownies With 4 Ingredients-raypeat Approved Ingredients

Raypmom

Raypeat Approved brownies? Feed back please, I found it on a bloggers page who also eats metabolically enhancing foods.

from the pantry
2 eggs (from pastured chooks)
1 cup of cane sugar
1/2 cup cocoa – dutch process (see kitchen notes)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
a pinch of sea salt
let’s begin
PREHEAT oven to 180′C
LINE baking tray with some baking paper
PLACE all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until combined
POUR into prepared baking tray
BAKE for about 12 minutes until the edges are firm when pocked with a knife
REMOVE from oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes (if you can resist!)
ENJOY with spoonfuls of cream or homemade ice cream

OP
R

Raypmom

If so, I will add hydrolysate gelatin (green can) to up the protein. I have made tested them, they are just like a brownie. Crispy top, and chewy inside. My kids and husband eat them regularly with milk.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Looks pretty Peaty to me. :)

I would just make sure the cane sugar is processed, not raw.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It sounds very similar to the flourless chocolate cake that ARK posted on her website. Yummy, I made it over the holidays.

Aspekt

I found they needed more time in the oven to get nice and crispy on top. Tried them with chopped cantaloupe and orange, so good.

OP
R

Raypmom

@Aspekt
Yes, you are right! I completely forgot to mention that :P Some days it works on less -I also thing depening the size of the eggs makes a diffrence ? I sometimes get medium sized pastured egss and they don't take long. Somtiems one egg is bigger than the other so it's a bit runny halfway into the baking and from there I just kinda eye ball it. But it's very delicious, I LOVE IT.

This is incredible. Amazing brownies.

4peatssake

Raypmom said:
Raypeat Approved brownies? Feed back please, I found it on a bloggers page who also eats metabolically enhancing foods.

from the pantry
2 eggs (from pastured chooks)
1 cup of cane sugar
1/2 cup cocoa – dutch process (see kitchen notes)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
a pinch of sea salt
let’s begin
PREHEAT oven to 180′C
LINE baking tray with some baking paper
PLACE all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until combined
POUR into prepared baking tray
BAKE for about 12 minutes until the edges are firm when pocked with a knife
REMOVE from oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes (if you can resist!)
ENJOY with spoonfuls of cream or homemade ice cream
These are definitely Peaty and very yummy!
If you check out the blog, the blogger credits forum member cliff (miss him!) for this creation.

cliff posted his version of the recipe on the forum back in Oct. 2012.

cliff said:
The flourless brownies are really easy
Ingredients:
1) 1 cup sugar
2) 0.5 cup cocoa powder
3) 2 eggs
4) 2tb butter
5) pinch of salt
Cream sugar and butter, mix in eggs 'til pancake consistency, mix in cocoa. Pour in greased baking pan or cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 20 mins.
Cliff's Post

I noticed cliff doesn't specifically say Dutch processed cocoa so natural cocoa is fine too and what I have used previously as well.

Definite YUM. :thumbleft

OP
R

Raypmom

It's a staple in my home :) Kids love it. Glad everyoned loves it!

I have used melted bakers chocolate as well. Just melt the butter in this stage as well. Works beautfully. Maybe more dense and chocolaty.

OP
R

Raypmom

WOW! That's so interesting, I did not know the originally recipe came from here. Completely missed that in the bloggers post, very cool & small cyberworld :p

lindsay

currently have these brownies baking in the oven for breakfast :) can't wait!! thanks for posting the recipe! also, I made two additions that I thought would enhance the brownies - vanilla, and a tiny bit of baking powder to get them to rise a bit more. I might also try adding sour cream or some ricotta cheese in the future :)

Raypmom - did you try them with the gelatin?? I'm curious because I made coconut oil chocolates once with gelatin and they added a nice chewiness to the chocolates..... wondering if gelatin would have the same effect in the brownies??

sunmountain

I can't seem to make brownies that don't taste bitter, even though I use a lot of sugar. I use dutch cocoa. Maybe use less cocoa? Add in melted chocolate?

thanks

OP
R

Raypmom

lindsay said:
currently have these brownies baking in the oven for breakfast :) can't wait!! thanks for posting the recipe! also, I made two additions that I thought would enhance the brownies - vanilla, and a tiny bit of baking powder to get them to rise a bit more. I might also try adding sour cream or some ricotta cheese in the future :)

Raypmom - did you try them with the gelatin?? I'm curious because I made coconut oil chocolates once with gelatin and they added a nice chewiness to the chocolates..... wondering if gelatin would have the same effect in the brownies??

I add vanila when ever I have good vanila on hand. Please do the riccotta cheese and let me know. When would you add that? after the eggs and sugar/butter mixture? Whill it be more cakey or chewy ? I have no made these in a while. But when I do, we always have it with our b-fast too to balance out protein/carb. I have not tried using gelatin yet. For somereason I think it might separte the sugar from oil…just a thought. :!: :?:

OP
R

Raypmom

sunmountain said:
I can't seem to make brownies that don't taste bitter, even though I use a lot of sugar. I use dutch cocoa. Maybe use less cocoa? Add in melted chocolate?

thanks

You can try that :D recipe uses 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa. 1 cup sugar.

OP
R

Raypmom

lindsay said:

I just made this evening. I enjoyed a warm scoop of it with ice cream. It's a nice treat!

Jenn

sunmountain said:

thanks

It could be the cocoa you are using, check for iron levels. It should be low, 8-10%. Some brands are closer to 60%. It can also get bitter if you burn it.

-jenn

sunmountain

Thanks, Jenn. I was using the Droste brand; it says 2% DV iron, but doesn't say what the DV is.

Light

@Raypmom they're awsome!
Just made them, left them in 4 times longer than the recipe...
by the time they cooled the outher layer was as hard as a turtle shell, but the inside is still sticky and gooey and YUMMY.:hungry:
I love an easy recipe that tastes so good, thanks for posting it:)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals