Dinner? One Pan Bake

Raypmom

This calls for Ricotta cheese but I use homemade Farmers Cheese (that I soften up myself) and it works just fine. I just subsitute the olive oil for coconut oil. I can never get good quality olive oil. I love tomatoes (cooked). So when I feel lazy to do this recipe exactly I skip the whole roasted tomatos part. I just make my own tomato sauce, spread it on the cheese and throw it in the ove. Cheese layer first, tomato ontop. I use organic tomato sauce or I make my own. Which ever you prefer. I also use onions and garlic but not too often. I sometimes have trouble with dinner so I thought I might share. Also if you do try it please share any changes/ideas that you might add! works perfect for a late breakfast too. :D

Ingredients
1 large red pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan and for drizzling
7 ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 oz (220g) fresh ricotta cheese, drained to remove excess whey
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
Prepare Ahead:

The dish is best served hot, but it can also be baked up to 4 hours in advance and served at room temperature.

1. Position a broiler rack 6in (15cm) from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. Place the red pepper on the rack and broil, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes, until the skin is charred and blistered. Transfer to a plate and cool. Peel and discard the ribs and seeds. Cut the pepper into thin strips.

2. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly oil a small baking dish. Reserve 2 tomato halves and place the remaining tomato halves in the dish, cut sides up. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 7–10 minutes until the tomatoes soften. Remove the dish from the oven and set aside.

3. Cut the ricotta cheese in half crosswise. Remove the tomatoes from the dish. Place the bottom half of the ricotta, cut side up, in the dish and season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the pepper strips on top, then the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the remaining ricotta, cut side down.

4. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and drizzle with a little extra oil. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is hot and the top is golden.

Notes
Substitute sun-dried tomatoes in oil for the roasted cherry tomatoes and pimiento del piquillo (preserved Spanish peppers) for the red peppers.

I found Recipe here http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/baked-ri ... d-tomatoes

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe.

OP
R

Raypmom

I like it to spoon a few scoops on my plate and have a latte for a late lunch. Or with OJ.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals