Bodywash/Soap For Men?

Arrade

Hello!
Anyone know of good soap/bodywashes for men?
I'm looking to avoid androgen lowering or estrogenic ingredients, as well as unhealthy synthetic ingredients if possible.
It would also be a plus if it was androgenic/ did something else positive for your body/skin.

I've been using Dove deep moisture, which is great but I was concerned with the coconut and soybean oil it could have a net anti androgen effect. It also has a bunch of syntethic stuff.

Dr.squatch seems legit
https://drsquatch.com/shop/product/112874164

Herbie

I don’t use any soap, too much hassle and easier to keep shower glass and recess clean, maybe one of those coconut based ones for when needing to wash hands after dirty work.

The problem with the recommended ivory soap is that it’s very diffucult to remove from shower glass.

For deodorant, just a sprinkle of baking soda.

Androgen on.

Elephanto

I only use bicarbonate sodium to wash myself with and as deodorant. Combined with hot water, it's effective to remove grease and sweat odors. I also use bicarbonate sodium and vinegar to wash dishes.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

I only use bicarbonate sodium to wash myself with and as deodorant. Combined with hot water, it's effective to remove grease and sweat odors. I also use bicarbonate sodium and vinegar to wash dishes.
for washing dishes...how do you do it...formula?

Elephanto

for washing dishes...how do you do it...formula?
I get water as hot as possible, pour some bicarbonate sodium, then squeeze out vinegar and it creates an abbrasive reaction which makes sticky and greasy bits very easy to scrub. Smells very "clean" after.

B

Braveheart

I get water as hot as possible, pour some bicarbonate sodium, then squeeze out vinegar and it creates an abbrasive reaction which makes sticky and greasy bits very easy to scrub. Smells very "clean" after.
Thanks!

stopped using soap 2 years ago, and never looked back. For dishes I use Dr. Bronner's. But for body purposes, no soap needed.

I have been diluting a tiny dab of baking soda with a small amount of water in the palm of my hand and use that as deodorant.

All good now.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

I just found this site the other day, Very helpful
Bar Soap Products || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
Legit, I see homemade olive oil Soap

I’ll have to give the baking soda a go.

I don’t think just water is enough to remove my body odor. I’m pretty physically active/ outdoorsy

Update: Ordered some Dr.Squatch, some of their lotions have estrogenic essential oils like lavender I’m wary of.

Bought the bay rum : https://drsquatch.com/shop/product/...MIh6W7n__E3QIVmNdkCh1_twcMEAUYASABEgJlWPD_BwE

Herbie

Herbie

I stopped using shampoo, it doesn’t make sense to degrease the hair then buy oil to put back in, it makes sense for business though.

Washing hair and squeezing oil out with hands and hot water works fine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom