Best friend now has no pancreas or gallbladder. Tips on how to get through this.

Couple of months ago I posted a thread about my friend being severely ill in hospital with pancreatitis. He ended up having something called necrotising pancreatitis which has destroyed the organ along with his gallbladder which he’s still waiting to be removed. I’d love to know your thoughts on how to best go about this life changing situation. From what I can see online the main danger he faces are infections, diabetes related issues and cardiovascular problems.

Are there any Peaty things that he can do to help this?

I think the main things are gonna be.

1. Digestion

2. Blood sugar.

2. Keeping inflammation under control.

Appreciate any and all thoughts.

Best.

D

Michael Mohn

It seems the pancreas and gallbladder can recover and heal from necrotizing pancreatitis. Removing the organs would create a major health challenge in the long term. How can you digest fats and sugar/starch without a pancreas and a gallbladder? Your friend should try to keep the organs.

Michael Mohn

Excessive bile production seems to contribute/cause pancreatitis. Adding enough soluble fiber to the diet allows to remove bile from the digestive system. Oat bran, psyllium husk, legumes like lentils, peas & beans and pectin rich fruits like apples, pears and citrus fruit can bind and remove bile.
I hope it's not to late to recover for your friend, removing these organs sounds catastrophic.

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

Lidocain or Procain taken orally might be helpful against the pain and they're anti inflammatory as well. Better than opioids.

OP
D
Lidocain or Procain taken orally might be helpful against the pain and they're anti inflammatory as well. Better than opioids.
Thanks Mike. I agree with you about keeping the organs but I’m not sure he’ll go against any doctors advice. He’s been to hell and back since November. He keeps getting infections at the moment so I think getting those under control is the first top priority. Thanks for the soluble fibre tip and the anti inflammatory’s. We can definitely try that.

Michael Mohn

Thanks Mike. I agree with you about keeping the organs but I’m not sure he’ll go against any doctors advice. He’s been to hell and back since November. He keeps getting infections at the moment so I think getting those under control is the first top priority. Thanks for the soluble fibre tip and the anti inflammatory’s. We can definitely try that.

The infections are bacteria feeding on and removing dead tissue from the organs. Cinnamon and oregano can reduce / slow down the infections but they're part of the healing process.
It's important to remove the bacteria, tissue and bile quickly. Sugar speeds up the transition of food through the digestive system with the help of fiber.

Opioids like morphine and fentanyl are probably the worst medications he could take now, they increase pain sensitivity after 2 weeks, they weaken the immune system. They increase gut permeability and risk of sepsis and lower metabolism.
Never take opioids for more than 2 weeks!

Progesterone has analgesic/pain reducing action. DMSO is analgesic and anti inflammatory too.

The medical system preys on people who suffer to "sell" them their butcher cure. Life without a pancreas and gallbladder will be hell for the rest of his life. Sorry for sounding so dramatic but your friend is about to do a major/irreversible mistake.

Last edited:
OP
D
The infections are bacteria feeding on and removing dead tissue from the organs. Cinnamon and oregano can reduce / slow down the infections but they're part of the healing process.
It's important to remove the bacteria, tissue and bile quickly. Sugar speeds up the transition of food through the digestive system with the help of fiber.

Opioids like morphine and fentanyl are probably the worst medications he could take now, they increase pain sensitivity after 2 weeks, they weaken the immune system. They increase gut permeability and risk of sepsis and lower metabolism.
Never take opioids for more than 2 weeks!

Progesterone has analgesic/pain reducing action. DMSO is analgesic and anti inflammatory too.

The medical system preys on people who suffer to "sell" them their butcher cure. Life without a pancreas and gallbladder will be hell for the rest of his life. Sorry for sounding so dramatic but your friend is about to do a major/irreversible mistake.
They definitely had him on morphine and fentanyl longer than two weeks. Would aspirin be ok for his situation? Cyproheptadine has crossed my mind too? I’m definitely gonna get him on progesterone. Apparently his iron is really low too. He’s having episodes where it’s like a fever and he’s shaking with a high temperature. Just horrible. I appreciate your input pal. He’s too weak at this point to have his gallbladder removed so maybe I can convince him..,

Michael Mohn

They definitely had him on morphine and fentanyl longer than two weeks. Would aspirin be ok for his situation? Cyproheptadine has crossed my mind too? I’m definitely gonna get him on progesterone. Apparently his iron is really low too. He’s having episodes where it’s like a fever and he’s shaking with a high temperature. Just horrible. I appreciate your input pal. He’s too weak at this point to have his gallbladder removed so maybe I can convince him..,

Aspirin is an antibiotic and anti inflammatory, it could help with pain management and infection.
Cyproheptadine is anti histamine and anti serotonin, high serotonin can cause pancreatitis but in his case as I understood from your other thread his chronic higher fat consumption (maybe alcohol too?) might be the driving cause. High fat and high alcohol increases bile production causing gallstones (in combination with low thyroid) that clock up the pancreatic ducts. Removing bile is the first step plus good pain management. Aspirin and cyproheptadine is ok to play around with. Long term thyroid and pregnenolone/progesterone can be helpful.

Michael Mohn

Oat porridge with apple sauce plus honey and milk for two weeks and your friend will be much better, my guess.

Sila

I recommend you watch this video. It will show how effective the Classical Buteyko method is in restoring health. For instance the person in this video recovered from chemical poisoning.

OP
D
I recommend you watch this video. It will show how effective the Classical Buteyko method is in restoring health. For instance the person in this video recovered from chemical poisoning.

Yeah I’ve researched and experimented with the Buteyko method. Without a doubt one of the best things I’ve done for my health was putting a stop to mouth breathing, especially while sleeping. Thanks, I’ll watch the vid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals