Bad Scalp Itch While Lying On Bed - Help Please

Andy316

Hi all,

I have for the past 2 months experienced a lot of itch in my hair especially at the back of my head with hairloss. And whenever I lay my head on the pillow it itches and burns even more. I have noticed the itch gets worse in winter, hot baths (sauna), walking out in the sun for too long, spices (especially red chilli and turmeric), Chocolate etc. I have checked with a Doctor who suggested Nutrogena T gel. It helped for a day or 2 but after consuming Orange juice the itch came back immediately Does anyone have this same problem and could you please help me out. Thanks in advance to any forthcoming response.

Lilac

After reading threads about caffeine used to treat hair loss, I thought I would give that a try. I dissolved caffeine in hot water and then added in an aspirin and some niacinamide, as those ingredients are in Haidut's excellent Solban. I don't know if the mixture has regrown any hair, but as a rinse after a shampoo, it leaves my scalp outstandingly "neutral" feeling. No itch and better than before. It's hard to describe. My hair looks good, too. I am still hoping for hair regrowth.

My mother had an itchy scalp, so I mixed a batch up for her. She said it improved her situation.

OP
A

Andy316

After reading threads about caffeine used to treat hair loss, I thought I would give that a try. I dissolved caffeine in hot water and then added in an aspirin and some niacinamide, as those ingredients are in Haidut's excellent Solban. I don't know if the mixture has regrown any hair, but as a rinse after a shampoo, it leaves my scalp outstandingly "neutral" feeling. No itch and better than before. It's hard to describe. My hair looks good, too. I am still hoping for hair regrowth.

My mother had an itchy scalp, so I mixed a batch up for her. She said it improved her situation.

Thanks Lilac. Unfortunately i have tried caffeine and green teas and the itching gets worse, same with Niacinamide for me. Even a remedy of chelated zinc and biotin doesnt do anything. Is this a liver isuue?

xetawaves

Is your scalp oily or dry? Mine gets super oily and itchy. Vitamin A helps.

xetawaves

Its dry. Vitamin A from foods or supplementation?

Vitamin A helps to dry my oily scalp so I probably wouldn’t use it if I were you. I take supplement every few days but I get it from food as well.

Nick W.

Non-dietary advice:

Gently and slowly massage a bit of oil (refined coconut or another saturated oil) into the scalp, an hour before you shower and rinse it out. That should alleviate dryness. But do not itch it. You just perpetuate the cycle of irritation. Gently rub it when it bothers you too much. Also, the scalp is supposedly much more sensitive when wet, I'd avoid drying it with a towel or blow dryer if I could help it.

ejalrp

You mentioned too much sun makes the problem worse. Have you tried perhaps 30 minutes of strong sun? I find it helps and my theory is that the itching may be caused by a fungus and the sun helps keep the fungus in check. It would also explain why your problem is worse in the winter.

OP
A

Andy316

Non-dietary advice:

Gently and slowly massage a bit of oil (refined coconut or another saturated oil) into the scalp, an hour before you shower and rinse it out. That should alleviate dryness. But do not itch it. You just perpetuate the cycle of irritation. Gently rub it when it bothers you too much. Also, the scalp is supposedly much more sensitive when wet, I'd avoid drying it with a towel or blow dryer if I could help it.

Thanks Nick, applied some organic coconut oil and as I was gently massaging my scalp i could notice 2-3 semi hard grainy type(boils) on my scalp. Any idea what these are and why they are caused?

OP
A

Andy316

You mentioned too much sun makes the problem worse. Have you tried perhaps 30 minutes of strong sun? I find it helps and my theory is that the itching may be caused by a fungus and the sun helps keep the fungus in check. It would also explain why your problem is worse in the winter.

Thanks ejalrp. thats a good idea I will try it out tomorrow and check if it improves my condition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals