Aspirin Before Exercise Associated With Side Effects

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by Gabriel, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Consumption of analgesics before a marathon and the incidence of cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and renal problems: a cohort study.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/3/4/e002090.full

2. jaa

jaa Member

Good to know. Thanks Gabriel

3. juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos Member

Thank god I don't run. Sounds dangerous.

4. Jenn

Jenn Member

but a marathon itself is dangerous......

5. j.

j. Guest

if I read the conclusion correctly.

Gastrointestinal permeability following aspirin intake and prolonged running

Link

6. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

This really sucks big time, do people have any experience or knowledge with the effects of aspirin in low (under 100-200 mg) doses? I started doing the thyroid mimetics but if it means more endotoxin and injuries everytime I go for a few sprints or a team sport match it won't work. I remember suchsaturation posted information on how low doses of aspirin could thin the blood even more. Actually even without running the aspirin increases permeability, but maybe there wasn't enough energy provided in the first place and this is why supplementing aspiring before a marathonis even more nonsense (push carb metabolism and increase metabolism when the effort is drastically overwhelming for the body).

7. Waynish

Waynish Member

Well how often are therapeutics the opposites of adaptogens? If adaptogens are better than therapeutics in the short run, then I wonder how many long term studies can show efficacy...

8. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Extreme sports +Aspirin = Not Good.

That doesn’t mean aspirin is Not Good.

9. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

The quote from post n5 shows that even aspirin + rest increases gastroduodenal permeability, so aspirin+ moderate exercise would be even worse, and Peat has many things regarding endotoxemia and exercise. Exercise and Endotoxemia – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

10. MrThyroid

MrThyroid Member

im taking aspirin before weight lifting what i noticed i have more strength , but im faster exhausted or can only do less reps. I think its due blocking fat oxidation. After 45 min my glycogen storage are used then im weak and tired on aspirin have no power anymore and extremely hunger. With out aspirin i ve less strength but i dont exhaust at all could train 2 hours and still do cardio.

11. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

That makes sense, did you try to have carbs during the workout?

12. MrThyroid

MrThyroid Member

nope i should i guess.
    What you recommend ? banana orange juice or maltodextrine or just common intra workout shake