Are there any benefits to being naked? (Besides sun exposure)

Greyfox

I was wondering if maybe the skin had some other functions or interactions with the environment that are being suppressed by constantly wearing clothes. This forum has taught me that practically anything can be absorbed through the skin and you can leverage this to spare the digestion of unneccesary burdens. Is there anything in the ambient environment that the skin makes use out of for say energy production? Besides sun exposure of course which is already well accepted.

HumanLife

I changed my sports clothes from polyester to cotton. They feel more comfortable and more comfort is always good. While swimming, we avoid plastic we see floating, and the same should logically apply for our clothes.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

I changed my sports clothes from polyester to cotton. They feel more comfortable and more comfort is always good. While swimming, we avoid plastic we see floating, and the same should logically apply for our clothes.
I avoid polyester as much as I can since I realised it was essentialy plastic clothing. I alway think about the movie Zoolander and the derelict campaign where they're wearing trash as clothing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said it was optimal to be unclothed. Adam and eve were naked in the garden until she defied God and her husband. So since we are not allowed that comfort I wear cotton and linen and try to keep natural as possible.

HumanLife

I avoid polyester as much as I can since I realised it was essentialy plastic clothing. I alway think about the movie Zoolander and the derelict campaign where they're wearing trash as clothing.
I keep on hearing good things about Zoolander :)c

I am intrigued that our leaders have not banned polyester, but then again, it’s business and it’s also cheap for the populace.

Ray Peat said it was optimal to be unclothed. Adam and eve were naked in the garden until she defied God and her husband. So since we are not allowed that comfort I wear cotton and linen and try to keep natural as possible.

For what it’s worth, in a recent model competition, the winner said his secret is that he sleeps naked, and I believe he is a genuinely nice and positive person.

David PS

I am still having fun testing Peatbot.

User: is being naked healthy

Peatbot: Being naked in and of itself is not inherently unhealthy. In fact, there are some potential health benefits associated with being naked, such as improved air circulation and skin health. However, it is important to consider the context and environment in which one is naked.

For instance, being naked in appropriate settings, such as in the privacy of one's own home or in designated areas like nudist beaches or resorts, can promote a sense of freedom, body acceptance, and comfort. It can also allow for better temperature regulation and reduce the risk of certain skin conditions by allowing the skin to breathe.

On the other hand, being naked in public or in inappropriate settings can have negative consequences, both for the individual and for others around them. It may lead to legal issues, social discomfort, and potential exposure to harmful elements or infections.

Ultimately, whether being naked is healthy or not depends on the individual's personal comfort, cultural norms, and the specific circumstances in which nudity occurs. It is important to respect societal norms and laws regarding public nudity and to prioritize personal comfort and well-being.

Summer

As someone who lives alone, I take full advantage of being able walk around naked with no consequences at home. I find all of the benefits others listed above to be absolutely true. It's just something you have to try for yourself. Everything else in nature is naked. It's also how we came into this world. :dancenanner

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

I am still having fun testing Peatbot.

User: is being naked healthy

Peatbot: Being naked in and of itself is not inherently unhealthy. In fact, there are some potential health benefits associated with being naked, such as improved air circulation and skin health. However, it is important to consider the context and environment in which one is naked.

For instance, being naked in appropriate settings, such as in the privacy of one's own home or in designated areas like nudist beaches or resorts, can promote a sense of freedom, body acceptance, and comfort. It can also allow for better temperature regulation and reduce the risk of certain skin conditions by allowing the skin to breathe.

On the other hand, being naked in public or in inappropriate settings can have negative consequences, both for the individual and for others around them. It may lead to legal issues, social discomfort, and potential exposure to harmful elements or infections.

Ultimately, whether being naked is healthy or not depends on the individual's personal comfort, cultural norms, and the specific circumstances in which nudity occurs. It is important to respect societal norms and laws regarding public nudity and to prioritize personal comfort and well-being.
I was gonna try that but figured it surely wouldn't have that information. How wrong I was.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

As someone who lives alone, I take full advantage of being able walk around naked with no consequences at home. I find all of the benefits others listed above to be absolutely true. It's just something you have to try for yourself. Everything else in nature is naked. It's also how we came into this world. :dancenanner
I might take this advice and start wearing my birthday suit more often.

David PS

I was gonna try that but figured it surely wouldn't have that information. How wrong I was.

I felt that way as well. Then I read Charlie's response and wondered if Peatbot could expand on Charlie's comment.

stoic

I agree with this sentiment as I also live alone. But humans are born among other humans, and are meant to live in their company.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals