Anyone have good CO2 tank, bag resources and experience

tankasnowgod

This seems like the easiest method besides breathing into your shirt or something.
Well, a paper bag is better than your shirt, and there's also the idea of cutting a whole in the bottom of a soda bottle or milk gallon, and breathing through that. The CO2 builds up in both.

tankasnowgod

Is there any concern of a co2 build up in the house when using a bag?

Only if it's a small, relatively airtight space. It will mix in with normal air over time, and you will dilute the concentration by moving in and out of the house.

akgrrrl

Thank you. I’m going to get this going again for myself where I’m living At the moment.

I’ve had some pins and needles feeling in my feet for some time. I’m hoping this can help.
So, Ive been doing the feet of 2 diabetic guys, one of them had a close call with a cut going infected and warned by his doc. After 3 footbaths he is walking by himself and says his foot and leg sensations are different/better. Now he wants 2x a week.

OP
ecstatichamster
So, Ive been doing the feet of 2 diabetic guys, one of them had a close call with a cut going infected and warned by his doc. After 3 footbaths he is walking by himself and says his foot and leg sensations are different/better. Now he wants 2x a week.
Very encouraging. Thank you

Beastmode

Thank you. I’m going to get this going again for myself where I’m living At the moment.

I’ve had some pins and needles feeling in my feet for some time. I’m hoping this can help.
I recall you sharing this a while back. You've probably tried a bunch of strategies by this point.

Have you asked Peat about this?

Edit: Never mind on the Peat thing as I just read what he suggested in another post (pantothenic acid.)

Last edited:

FoodForeal

Anybody have an answer to my question about the mechanism of action of CO2 earlier? Anyways if you don't want to pay for a CO2 tank and you don't want to do the dry ice bathtub thing you could buy dry ice and store it in your deep freezer for a few days and then if you do the bag method just put it in a bowl of hot water inside the body bag or inside a second smaller bag connected to the body bag, or you could just let it slowly sublimate if you want.

"
When used in a freezer dry ice will last 12-24 hours for every 5-10 lbs used. However if wrapped in newspaper or cardboard, packed properly and used in larger amounts it can last up to 3 days in the freezer.
"
I guess not that practical but maybe an idea. 1lb dry ice makes 8.3 cuft of CO2 gas, one black 33 gallon garbage bag is 5.3 cuft.

mosaic01

Anybody have an answer to my question about the mechanism of action of CO2 earlier?

CO2 and O2 are not inversely correlated. Tissue oxygenation is CO2-dependent. The more CO2, the more oxygen will go there. CO2 is what makes oxygen protective, otherwise oxygen causes massive problems. This is why the body regulates oxygen with CO2. CO2 is the master-antioxidant that guides the action of O2.

"Over the oxygen supply of the body carbon dioxide spreads its protecting wings." - Friedrich Miescher, Swiss physiologist, 1885

Proposal, should there not be some engine where you can remove a bit of air from a room?
Close your room, attach the engine to the window so that it can filter and then remove a bit of air to achieve low air pressure in the room similar to high altitude. Maybe add a bit of CO2. Make sure that room is sealed but a bit of air coming in is no problem. Sleep in the room.
I wonder if that could mimic high altitude long term or maybe the daily change of air pressure is actually damaging

Mauritio

I wonder if that could mimic high altitude long term or maybe the daily change of air pressure is actually damaging
This. At least this is how interpreted peats response to a similar question of mine.

On the other hand there are many studies showing benefits on metabolic markers that use the "live high, train low approach"

Last edited:

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Do you know if altitude generators like the one below actually have similar benefits as beeing at high altitude or is this just marketing?

That's what they say about the mechanism of their generator:

"Hypoxico systems generate normobaric hypoxic air to replicate the oxygen levels found at altitudes up to 21,000ft/6,400m. This is achieved by drawing in ambient air, separating oxygen molecules to meet the desired O2 percentage, then outputting a continuous flow of fresh, filtered, hypoxic air for breathing. This allows altitude training to be performed anywhere on Earth, even at sea level!"

A: Oxygen depletion can be helpful in some situations, but it definitely isn’t equivalent to higher altitude. When people successfully adapt to altitude, their internal CO2 increases, with beneficial changes in metabolism and hormones. Successful adaptation to altitude takes at least several days; otherwise, lactate increases instead of CO2. When CO2 is absorbed through the skin by sitting in a tub or bag of the gas, any excess is exhaled (and respiration is slightly stimulated by higher CO2). Depending on a person’s health, the exhaled air contains a great variety of volative compounds, some of which are toxic, and account for some of the effects on cognition that have been blamed on CO2 in crowded offices and auditoriums. Ammonia, nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, isoprene, methanol, ketones and a great variety of volatile hydrocarbons are exhaled. Low atmospheric pressure and stimulated respiration accelerate these breath emissions. These can accumulate to noticeably toxic levels in a tightly closed space.

Q:Interesting. So it does make sense to frequently let fresh air in your room, to get rid of these toxic gases ?

A: Yes. Exercising in a closed space is likely to have noticeably toxic effects.

Q:Oh , that is good to know!

On the altitude generator:
Do you think it is inferior to altitude because it can only be used for a certain amount of time during the day or because of the normobaric pressure it has ?

A: Acclimatization is a prolonged, continuous process.

FoodForeal

So it seems that CO2 being higher is good in general at all altitudes so increasing it is what should be focused on and the methods to do that are way cheaper than trying to decrease O2 concentration or change the surrounding air pressure anyway.

So it seems that CO2 being higher is good in general at all altitudes so increasing it is what should be focused on and the methods to do that are way cheaper than trying to decrease O2 concentration or change the surrounding air pressure anyway.
There is not necessarily more CO2 at higher altitude. High air pressure displaces CO2 more easily from the blood I think

FoodForeal

There is not necessarily more CO2 at higher altitude. High air pressure displaces CO2 more easily from the blood I think
So it's more accurate to say that the ratio of CO2 to O2 being increased is healthy up to a certain point?

GodsHound

I just tried to fill up a heavy duty bin bag straight from a 5kg co2 tank without a regulator. Duct taped opening of bin bag to nozzle and opened for a second, and it just ripped the bag to shreds lol. idk how Ray is filling up bin bags from a 10kg co2 tank without a regulator.

I just tried to fill up a heavy duty bin bag straight from a 5kg co2 tank without a regulator. Duct taped opening of bin bag to nozzle and opened for a second, and it just ripped the bag to shreds lol. idk how Ray is filling up bin bags from a 10kg co2 tank without a regulator.
did you broaden the bag, like did you let air into it prior? I would not tape and seal it either

GodsHound

did you broaden the bag, like did you let air into it prior? I would not tape and seal it either
Bag was deflated but was loose enough for the gas to have somewhere to go if you understand. Like I was inflating a balloon. Are you suggesting I open the bag completely and shoot in the co2 from above? I feel like the pressure would just displace the air and most of the co2.

Bag was deflated but was loose enough for the gas to have somewhere to go if you understand. Like I was inflating a balloon. Are you suggesting I open the bag completely and shoot in the co2 from above? I feel like the pressure would just displace the air and most of the co2.
no no, I was refering to deflated bag being better.
I have not tried it myself yet so I can not help you much

Beastmode

Filling up a garbage bag is very easy. I'll shoot a video the next time we do it.

Basically, you tilt the CO2 tank with one hand, cover the area that the CO2 comes out of with your other hand holding the bag open just enough and slowly unleash the CO2. Make sure the bag has been lengthened out and opened up, if a new one, so the the pressure from the CO2 has some space to fill up without tearing the bag potentially.

GodsHound

Filling up a garbage bag is very easy. I'll shoot a video the next time we do it.

Basically, you tilt the CO2 tank with one hand, cover the area that the CO2 comes out of with your other hand holding the bag open just enough and slowly unleash the CO2. Make sure the bag has been lengthened out and opened up, if a new one, so the the pressure from the CO2 has some space to fill up without tearing the bag potentially.
Are you able to control the pressure somewhat with the valve? By opening it very slowly? I'm using a fire extinguisher so it's full pressure or nothing.

Beastmode

Are you able to control the pressure somewhat with the valve? By opening it very slowly? I'm using a fire extinguisher so it's full pressure or nothing.
Yes! Very straightforward and easy once you do it a few times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals