Anyone Have Experience With Josh Rubin Coaching?

firebreather

I feel like I've tried everything with trying to fix my hypothryoid/adrenaline issues and the only thing that's happening is that I'm getting fat. Non of my symptoms have got better.

I'm supposed to do the 15 minute call with him tomorrow but I have no idea how much the coaching costs.

I'd probably be willing to pay anything if there were guarantees in life but I'm pretty sure this kind of thing doesn't have a guarantee.

Interested to hear anyone's experiences with him

mbachiu

I would recommend Zachariah Salazar at MTG on Facebook far above the Rubins. But just my 2 cents

Tarmander

Travis burch has helped many people who have had difficulty with RP diets and weight gain

OP
F

firebreather

Thank you, care to share why?

Travis has replied to a few of my posts on the FB group. Does he also do paid coaching? If I recall the suggestions he's offered on my posts were things I've tried in some form or another

I would like to lose this weight but my first priority is feeling better

Nebula

Travis has replied to a few of my posts on the FB group. Does he also do paid coaching? If I recall the suggestions he's offered on my posts were things I've tried in some form or another

I would like to lose this weight but my first priority is feeling better
Have you ever tried a low liquid, high protein diet + high betaine HCl supplementation? That’s ultimately what worked for me. Sometimes it’s hard to get digestion to fire up like it should be without HCl. Also added some taurine + glycine to maximize protein utilization.

OP
F

firebreather

I’ll send you a PM this evening
Have you ever tried a low liquid, high protein diet + high betaine HCl supplementation? That’s ultimately what worked for me. Sometimes it’s hard to get digestion to fire up like it should be without HCl. Also added some taurine + glycine to maximize protein utilization.

I haven't tried that. That's an interesting thought because 1) I'm always thirsty and tend to sweat a lot under stress and urinate a lot and 2) my appetite for protein has really been horrible the last couple years

Did you have either of these issues before you started recovering?

Nebula

I haven't tried that. That's an interesting thought because 1) I'm always thirsty and tend to sweat a lot under stress and urinate a lot and 2) my appetite for protein has really been horrible the last couple years

Did you have either of these issues before you started recovering?
My appetite was definitely extremely low. I could go well past noon without getting hungry and was often eating well under 1800 calories, which didn’t even digest well. So was essentially anorexic even though I was bloated. I tried refeeding on high calories with potatoes, fruits, and juices + milk and other animal protein but my digestion would never improve and my gut got very inflamed from all of the undigested carbs. So I tried only dense foods mostly fatty animal protein + dense dry carbs (honey, sourdough bread) and lots of Hcl + pepsin pills. Just enough water with each meal to make sure the pills dissolve, but not so much that it dilutes acidity. After the meal has fully digested I don’t think it matters to drink water to thirst though.

All those watery carbs were probably interfering with my already weakened digestion. They just made me inflamed with a lot of water weight and probably a good amount of fat, but it melted off very fast after I stopped flooding my gut with food that wasn’t digesting so a lot of it probably was just water/inflammation. Magnesium succinate seemed to help heal my gut in some way too. Not sure how, but it helped decrease gut inflammation quickly. But high density animal proteins (no milk, but some Greek yogurt, beef, cheese, eggs, homemade gelatin broth) + liberal hcl + taurine + glycine was probably most of it.

Last edited:

Peatogenic

Yes, for 4 months. It was the first time I was actually able to practically implement Peat's ideas and benefit from them. After learning and self-monitoring with him, I kind of stopped coming here and rapidly started getting better. They actually have a high percentage of positive client experiences/healings.

With that said, he's kind of ****-ish. Like, I had to get used to his personality. Thankfully, I understood I was taking away the insights more than a "patient" relationship. Their integration of body physiology is actually quite advanced, and they wouldn't even label themselves as Peat practitioners, because what they do and teach is in many regards quite different from Ray. Most practitioners in the Peat o sphere hold a lot of respect for the Rubins and consider them trail blazers. I would wholeheartedly agree with that assessment. If you do the work with them, this becomes very evident.

Ray is not a practitioner. He's a dispenser of knowledge, provocative, philosopher, artist, etc....but his gift is not being a practitioner. While the Rubins have definitely utilized some Peat ideas, they've actually "created" an approach that is uniquely there's.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

My appetite was definitely extremely low. I could go well past noon without getting hungry and was often eating well under 1800 calories, which didn’t even digest well. So was essentially anorexic even though I was bloated. I tried refeeding on high calories with potatoes, fruits, and juices + milk and other animal protein but my digestion would never improve and my gut got very inflamed from all of the undigested carbs. So I tried only dense foods mostly fatty animal protein + dense dry carbs (honey, sourdough bread) and lots of Hcl + pepsin pills. Just enough water with each meal to make sure the pills dissolve, but not so much that it dilutes acidity. After the meal has fully digested I don’t think it matters to drink water to thirst though.

All those watery carbs were probably interfering with my already weakened digestion. They just made me inflamed with a lot of water weight and probably a good amount of fat, but it melted off very fast after I stopped flooding my gut with food that wasn’t digesting so a lot of it probably was just water/inflammation. Magnesium succinate seemed to help heal my gut in some way too. Not sure how, but it helped decrease gut inflammation quickly. But high density animal proteins (no milk, but some Greek yogurt, beef, cheese, eggs, homemade gelatin broth) + liberal hcl + taurine + glycine was probably most of it.
Would you share your source of Magnesium succinate?

Beastmode

Yes, for 4 months. It was the first time I was actually able to practically implement Peat's ideas and benefit from them. After learning and self-monitoring with him, I kind of stopped coming here and rapidly started getting better. They actually have a high percentage of positive client experiences/healings.

With that said, he's kind of ****-ish. Like, I had to get used to his personality. Thankfully, I understood I was taking away the insights more than a "patient" relationship. Their integration of body physiology is actually quite advanced, and they wouldn't even label themselves as Peat practitioners, because what they do and teach is in many regards quite different from Ray. Most practitioners in the Peat o sphere hold a lot of respect for the Rubins and consider them trail blazers. I would wholeheartedly agree with that assessment. If you do the work with them, this becomes very evident.

Ray is not a practitioner. He's a dispenser of knowledge, provocative, philosopher, artist, etc....but his gift is not being a practitioner.

I've talked to him a handful of times. If people can get past the personality part and stick to the useful info, he knows his stuff.

He's big on tracking body temp and pulse which I think is some of the more useful feedback anyone can use in health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals