Andy Milonakis Metahuman? Ray Peat Vindicated?

Travis

This is how I explain why mice fed a slight excess of trypophan had a 13% reduced lifespan. The release of growth hormone in the pituitary is under the direct influence of serotonin.

I'd rather live 50 years as this guy than 100 years as andy

220px-Lundgren_Ivan_Drago.jpg

OP
I

ilikecats

But he hasn’t even lived 50 years as that guy. Dude looks like ***t now. And It’s 2018, chicks dig neotony @pimpnamedraypeat, deal with it. Trading in my flawless v taper for an overgrown toddler body is the best decision I’ve ever made...

tara

... gigantism and acromegaly reduces life expectancy ...
Tall people and people with acromegaly tend to live fewer years.
But what about people low in GH who aren't particularly tall?

I'd rather live 50 years as this guy than 100 years as andy
Andy looks like he's having more fun, and hopefully no-one's trying to punch his head in. :)

Constatine

"One study reported markedly reduced longevity of individuals with congenital GH deficiency (Besson et al 2003) while other workers reported that both GH-deficient and GH-resistant subjects can reach very advanced age, are protected from cancer and, interestingly, are also protected from atherosclerosis and vascular pathology in spite of obesity and unfavorable serum lipid profiles (Krzisnik et al 1999; Laron 2005; Menezes Oliveira et al 2006; Shechter et al 2007; Shevah and Laron 2007)."

"Pathological hypersecretion of GH in patients with gigantism and acromegaly reduces life expectancy due to increased incidence of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and, in acromegalics, apparently also cancer (Jadresic et al 1982; Orme et al 1998). The question whether the rate of aging is affected by acromegaly has apparently never been addressed. A series of elegant studies by Sacca and colleagues (Sacca et al 1994, 2003) provided evidence that both GH deficiency and GH excess are detrimental for cardiac function in the human with GH-deficient patients benefiting from GH therapy and acromegalics benefiting from suppression of GH levels. Another possible reason for the complex relationship between somatotropic signaling and human longevity was provided by results of genetic studies which indicated that reduced IGF-1 levels protect from some age-related diseases but increase the risk of others (Lamberts et al 1997)."

"How can we summarize the present understanding and use this information to suggest possible anti-aging interventions? Physiological action of the amounts of GH normally secreted by the pituitary is critically needed for growth and maturation and enhances reproductive potential but may also limit life expectancy. Somatotropic signaling can be suppressed by modest calorie restriction (Masoro 2001). Well-documented beneficial effects of calorie restriction on longevity of many species and on important predictors of life expectancy in humans (Heilbronn et al 2006; Holloszy and Fontana 2007) suggest that subtle, long-term reduction in GH release and/or activity may have a potential to slow aging, protect from age-related disease and increase lifespan. However, the symptoms of congenital or acquired GH-deficiency clearly indicate that severe or complete suppression of GH actions can not be recommended or even seriously considered for enhancement of human longevity."

The Besson study :

"Increased longevity of hypopituitary dwarf mice and GH- resistant knockout mice appears to be in contrast with observations made in clinical practice. In humans, on one hand hypopituitarism and GH deficiency (GHD) are believed to constitute risk factors for cardiovascular disease and, therefore, early death. But on the other hand, patients with a PROP-1 gene mutation, presenting with a combined pituitary-derived hormonal deficiency, can survive to a very advanced age, apparently longer than normal individuals in the same population. The aim of this study was to analyze the impact of untreated GHD on life span. Hereditary dwarfism was recognized in 11 subjects. Genetic analysis revealed an underlying 6.7-kb spanning deletion of genomic DNA encompassing the GH-1 gene causing isolated GHD. These patients (five males and six females) were never treated for their hormonal deficiency and thus provide a unique opportunity to compare their life span and cause of death directly with their unaffected brothers and sisters (11 males and 14 females) as well as with the normal population (100 males and females). Although the cause of death did not vary between the two groups, median life span in the GH-deficient group was significantly shorter than that of unaffected brothers and sisters [males, 56 vs. 75 yr (P < 0.0001); females, 46 vs. 80 yr (P < 0.0001)]. Therefore, with the wealth of information regarding the beneficial effects of GH replacement and the dramatic findings of this study, GH treatment in adult patients suffering from either childhood- or adult-onset GHD is crucially important."

Reduced longevity in untreated patients with isolated growth hormone deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks for the info. Its important to keep in mind that growth hormone spikes during times requiring an adaptive response. It does not stay elevated under normal situations. This probably minimizes any damage it may cause. Meanwhile taking growth hormone would elevate it in an unnatural way.

Your esthetic preferences are not going to stop Ray Peat from being correct

sladerunner69

I honestly don't see what's so great here. The only desirable feature Milonakis boasts, and I mean THE ONLY, is wrinkle free skin. And that is certainly not uncommon at age 42, to have few wrinkles. Also he is awfully pudgy and overweight, he looks like the real life form of eric cartman. Also his low Gh doesn't provide him with low estrogen or cortisol, and more than likely the opposite is true. His lips are very pale, he lacks any sort of colour or vibrance about him, and looks fraila nd weak.

baccheion

I honestly don't see what's so great here. The only desirable feature Milonakis boasts, and I mean THE ONLY, is wrinkle free skin. And that is certainly not uncommon at age 42, to have few wrinkles. Also he is awfully pudgy and overweight, he looks like the real life form of eric cartman. Also his low Gh doesn't provide him with low estrogen or cortisol, and more than likely the opposite is true. His lips are very pale, he lacks any sort of colour or vibrance about him, and looks fraila nd weak.
Wrinkle-free skin is achievable with nutrition/supplements (atleast vitamin B6 P-5'-P and magnesium) that prevent stomach acid and bile levels from falling (maintains absorption of nutrients). Also, the addition of silicon (12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol or 750-1500 mg bamboo extract) + MSM + vitamin C (2:1 w/ bioflavonoids) aids with collagen formation. Wrinkles, which are usually due to loss of collagen, tend to imply the same is happening internally (collagen is a core part of bones, teeth, organs, tendons, cartilage, etc). MSM and vitamin C are taken in a 4g : 1g ratio.

It may be beneficial to taper up to 30g/day MSM (15g 2x/day) at the rate of 1 added gram per week, remain their for 1 week, drop to 20g (10g 2x/day for 1 week, then drop to a maintenance amount of 4g (2g 2x/day if possible).

Centrophenoxine/DMAE is able to remove age spots (lipofuscin).

The Iodine Protocol helps maintain an efficient metabolism, as does selegiline.

There's also the fabled pregnenolone/DHEA combination.

I'd just take a good multivitamin (like AOR Ortho-Core), 12.5 mg Lugol's iodine/iodide, and maybe pregnenolone/DHEA. Ortho-Core likely provides enough silicon, vitamin C, and (indirectly) sulfur to maintain collagen given "deficiency" was corrected by a cycle of MSM + silicon + vitamin C.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Wrinkle-free skin is achievable with nutrition/supplements (atleast vitamin B6 P-5'-P and magnesium) that prevent stomach acid and bile levels from falling (maintains absorption of nutrients). Also, the addition of silicon (12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol or 750-1500 mg bamboo extract) + MSM + vitamin C (2:1 w/ bioflavonoids) aids with collagen formation. Wrinkles, which are usually due to loss of collagen, tend to imply the same is happening internally (collagen is a core part of bones, teeth, organs, tendons, cartilage, etc). MSM and vitamin C are taken in a 4g : 1g ratio.

It may be beneficial to taper up to 30g/day MSM (15g 2x/day) at the rate of 1 added gram per week, remain their for 1 week, drop to 20g (10g 2x/day for 1 week, then drop to a maintenance amount of 4g (2g 2x/day if possible).

Centrophenoxine/DMAE is able to remove age spots (lipofuscin).

The Iodine Protocol helps maintain an efficient metabolism, as does selegiline.

There's also the fabled pregnenolone/DHEA combination.

I'd just take a good multivitamin (like AOR Ortho-Core), 12.5 mg Lugol's iodine/iodide, and maybe pregnenolone/DHEA. Ortho-Core likely provides enough silicon, vitamin C, and (indirectly) sulfur to maintain collagen given "deficiency" was corrected by a cycle of MSM + silicon + vitamin C.

Drinking more OJ and milk, and taking gelatin really perfected my skin quality. Also eating liver and oysters for copper has had me remarlking at my glowing skin the following day.

baccheion

Drinking more OJ and milk, and taking gelatin really perfected my skin quality. Also eating liver and oysters for copper has had me remarlking at my glowing skin the following day.
Astaxanthin, gotu kola, garlic (Garlicin brand), fish oil (more DHA than EPA), curcumin maybe, resveratrol, nicotinamide riboside, etc also improve skin quality.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals