Am I Forced To Take Thyroid For The Rest Of My Life?

jitsmonkey

I had great results a few months ago by both adhering to a Peat diet and supplementing thyroid. Since I had been eating well for 3/4 of a year (not every single meal has been perfect, but my diet has been good overall), I decided to stop supplementing thyroid two months ago. I thought a good diet, vitamins, aspirin, and bag breathing would have fixed the thyroid issues by now, but I am literally back to square one.

Is it just impossible to reverse hypothyroidism once it starts? Has anyone successfully normalized inflammation/estrogen-dominance/high cortisol without being on hormones/medicines/supplements? I notice that several people on here take various hormones/medicines/supplements. So does the Peat "diet" even work if all those pharmaceuticals are necessary?

Keep in mind that thyroid was at one time FOOD.
People would eat it just like liver or any other organ.
Its time people stopped with their "when can I get off of this?" thing.
Instead of wanting to stop be happy you have resources that help you.
why some resources are considered good and others people want to stop
Is one of the worst aspects of our cultural stories.
Not picking on you at all I understand why you ask the question
but just be thrilled you have resources to help you.
Keep documenting your pulse/temp/mood and over time maybe your dose will change
but you never ask when can I stop eating food, when can I stop breathing air, when can I stop consuming B vitamins.
You live in a culture who's practices directly ruin your thyroid, the same culture that teaches
you that your goal should be to stop taking thyroid. Take it, enjoy it, congrats on finding the resources you need.
Many people never do.

Luckytype

For me, and i have yet to learn if im supposed to be on or off "things" is that i feel im too young to NOT be able to self regulate. Obviously ive neglected my body for probably 15 years(only now knowing) but I think its the inherent want to know and trust that our body can maintain homeostasis. Some people probably look at it as a "crutch" versus a bit of assistance.

OP
L

lampofred

Keep in mind that thyroid was at one time FOOD.
People would eat it just like liver or any other organ.
Its time people stopped with their "when can I get off of this?" thing.
Instead of wanting to stop be happy you have resources that help you.
why some resources are considered good and others people want to stop
Is one of the worst aspects of our cultural stories.
Not picking on you at all I understand why you ask the question
but just be thrilled you have resources to help you.
Keep documenting your pulse/temp/mood and over time maybe your dose will change
but you never ask when can I stop eating food, when can I stop breathing air, when can I stop consuming B vitamins.
You live in a culture who's practices directly ruin your thyroid, the same culture that teaches
you that your goal should be to stop taking thyroid. Take it, enjoy it, congrats on finding the resources you need.
Many people never do.

I don't have this issue anymore but if you're bleeding uncontrollably would you want to put on a bandage everyday for the rest of your life and be thankful you have access to bandages or take some vitamin K and fix the problem at the source and not worry about it anymore?

jitsmonkey

For me, and i have yet to learn if im supposed to be on or off "things" is that i feel im too young to NOT be able to self regulate. Obviously ive neglected my body for probably 15 years(only now knowing) but I think its the inherent want to know and trust that our body can maintain homeostasis. Some people probably look at it as a "crutch" versus a bit of assistance.

One of the major tenets of Ray's writing is that you live in an ADVERSARIAL environment that is NOT in favor of your self regulation.
If you were shot at with a bullet you would not say "I'm gonna work on my bulletproof skills". You'd put on a flak jacket.

I'm not saying you shouldn't desire to be self regulatory but its critical to grasp the fact that your self regulation is under direct attack from all directions day and night.
Thyroid supplementation for a thyroid that doesn't self regulate is mandatory regardless of age. The "natural/unassisted is better" fallacy needs to die
IF thyroid meat were not illegal it would be idiocy not to periodically eat some.
Because it is illegal to source this food it only makes intelligent sense to use a supplement.

No different than if milk were illegal sourcing other options for calcium, protein, etc.... would be important and logical.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals