Alpha Lipoic Acid Supplement

TeslaFan

Every 4hrs due to the half-life of ALA (closer to 3hr) - aiming at a Hg chelation process where each dose picks up from the last and detoxifies the mercury over the period.

ALA can also interfere with Biotin absorption..

Sure. But, if ALA half-life is 3 hours, then to maintain consistent blood levels one would have to take it every 3 hours, or more frequent than that. Mercury redistribution is not a joke.

Last edited:

Evgenius

Sure. But, if ALA half-life is 3 hours, would it not make more sense then to take it every 3 hours instead of 4?

Yes it does, you can take it even every 1 or 2 hours but for convenient purposes it is taken 3 hours during the day and 4 during the night (or 2 and 3)

TeslaFan

Yes it does, you can take it even every 1 or 2 hours but for convenient purposes it is taken 3 hours during the day and 4 during the night (or 2 and 3)

Ok. Sounds like you are aware of the trade-offs. I normally don't encourage anyone to chelate mercury unless they are ready to do it with a military style discipline.

Liam311

Sure. But, if ALA half-life is 3 hours, then to maintain consistent blood levels one would have to take it every 3 hours, or more frequent than that. Mercury redistribution is not a joke.
Agreed - it’s no joke. I extended to 4hr on some night protocols.. I had redistribution issues at all dosage times.. It's complex!

A.R

Agreed - it’s no joke. I extended to 4hr on some night protocols.. I had redistribution issues at all dosage times.. It's complex!
Could you give an update how your Mercury chelation protocol went then

Liam311

Could you give an update how your Mercury chelation protocol went then
I found the ALA route too difficult to deal with and searched out other methods.

I found protocol called Field Control Therapy (FCT), developed by Dr. Yurkovsky. Something felt right about it and I was willing to try anything back then. I found a Naturopath in the UK who had trained under Dr Yurkovsky and that started about a two year journey of treatments. The initial sessions brought similar detox reactions/problems to other methods i'd tried out but I seemed to handle this process better, so it pushed me further on.

I believe I carry the APOE4 variant (my auntie has this confirmed after 23andme testing) which would explain all the family issues and my own sensitivity to heavy metals. I would do my own ALA tests throughout the years to see what reactions I would have - all were quite brutal tbh but got easier towards the end of the FCT protocols. Now I can take ALA without much response.

I supported the process with other methods too and guided my nutrition while reading/listening to Ray Peat.

A success in the end.

Jon2547

Years ago I tried ALA. I had bad experiences with it. I didn't just take it once. I would try it and then stop for a while. Then a few months later try it again. And I did this plenty of times for it to be considered an experiment on myself.

Whenever I would take some, there would be an initial couple of hours where I felt really good. Then after a couple of hours, it had pulled mercury out and that would be circulating in my bloodstream looking for a place to deposit. My tinnitus would get louder for several days after and my intolerance to electronic radiation would be greatly elevated. Whereas before, I could be around someone with a smartphone and just barely be effected, after taking the ALA, for several days coming within a few feet of active smartphone emitting, I would feel it much sharper thru out my chest and head.

This experience I have duplicated several times.

Liam311

Years ago I tried ALA. I had bad experiences with it. I didn't just take it once. I would try it and then stop for a while. Then a few months later try it again. And I did this plenty of times for it to be considered an experiment on myself.

Whenever I would take some, there would be an initial couple of hours where I felt really good. Then after a couple of hours, it had pulled mercury out and that would be circulating in my bloodstream looking for a place to deposit. My tinnitus would get louder for several days after and my intolerance to electronic radiation would be greatly elevated. Whereas before, I could be around someone with a smartphone and just barely be effected, after taking the ALA, for several days coming within a few feet of active smartphone emitting, I would feel it much sharper thru out my chest and head.

This experience I have duplicated several times.
Yes, I was terrible around electronics. I had to shut everything down to candlelight while carrying out protocols.

A

Adf

Has anyone had any success or even tried the slow release ALA? It would make the metal detox protocol easier, taking one every 6-12 hours instead of 3-4, and it being a lower daily dose, perhaps this would lead to less symptomatic reactions?

This product by Jarrows is slow release and even has added Biotin presumably to counter the deficiency that ALA may cause of it, mentioned in a previous comment.

And those of you who have tried ALA, did you also take bentonite clay or activated charcoal along with it? Those compounds adsorb anything with a positive charge and lead them to be excreted through stool. So any heavy metals lingering around the gut will be expelled.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals