Alleged Cancer Cure

Obi-wan

"Fenbendazole, FZ], a benzimidazole compound, is a safe and inexpensive anthelmintic drug possessing an efficient anti-proliferative activity. In our earlier work, we reported a potent growth-inhibitory activity of FZ caused partially by impairment of proteasomal function. Here, we show that FZ demonstrates moderate affinity for mammalian tubulin and exerts cytotoxicity to human cancer cells at micromolar concentrations. Simultaneously, it caused mitochondrial translocation of p53 and effectively inhibited glucose uptake, expression of GLUT transporters as well as hexokinase (HK II) - a key glycolytic enzyme that most cancer cells thrive on"

The inhibition of glucose uptake really caught my eye...

Inhibition of glucose uptake by FZ sensitizes cancer cells to undergo apoptosis

In studies with parasites, the anthelmintic effects of the benzimidazoles have been related to inhibition of glucose uptake with resultant alterations in glucose metabolism41. We tested the effect of FZ on glucose uptake in human cancer cells. H460 and A549 cells were treated with 1 uM FZ for 4 h and uptake of fluorescent glucose analogue 2-NBDG was observed. FZ treatment resulted in inhibition in glucose uptake in both the cell lines (Fig. 8a). Similar results were obtained when a glucose oxidation assay was performed using culture supernatants from cells treated with increasing concentrations of FZ (Fig. 8b). Expectedly, FZ treatment also resulted in reduced lactate levels (Fig. 8c). Hence, FZ induced cell death appeared to be related to inhibition of glucose uptake.

Last edited:
OP
J

jb116

"Fenbendazole, FZ], a benzimidazole compound, is a safe and inexpensive anthelmintic drug possessing an efficient anti-proliferative activity. In our earlier work, we reported a potent growth-inhibitory activity of FZ caused partially by impairment of proteasomal function. Here, we show that FZ demonstrates moderate affinity for mammalian tubulin and exerts cytotoxicity to human cancer cells at micromolar concentrations. Simultaneously, it caused mitochondrial translocation of p53 and effectively inhibited glucose uptake, expression of GLUT transporters as well as hexokinase (HK II) - a key glycolytic enzyme that most cancer cells thrive on"

The inhibition of glucose uptake really caught my eye...

Inhibition of glucose uptake by FZ sensitizes cancer cells to undergo apoptosis

In studies with parasites, the anthelmintic effects of the benzimidazoles have been related to inhibition of glucose uptake with resultant alterations in glucose metabolism41. We tested the effect of FZ on glucose uptake in human cancer cells. H460 and A549 cells were treated with 1 uM FZ for 4 h and uptake of fluorescent glucose analogue 2-NBDG was observed. FZ treatment resulted in inhibition in glucose uptake in both the cell lines (Fig. 8a). Similar results were obtained when a glucose oxidation assay was performed using culture supernatants from cells treated with increasing concentrations of FZ (Fig. 8b). Expectedly, FZ treatment also resulted in reduced lactate levels (Fig. 8c). Hence, FZ induced cell death appeared to be related to inhibition of glucose uptake.
Inhibition of glucose overall? That sounds like it could cause issues down the line, no?

Obi-wan

Inhibition of glucose overall? That sounds like it could cause issues down the line, no?

In our Peat world glucose is good maybe not so in the cancer world. That's why it caught my eye...starting to think outside the box. Its probably the interaction of all 3 pathways that make Fenbendazole work

Last edited:

burtlancast

Why do you think that is?

I agree with you btw.

Probably because they see themselves as the leader of the pack ?
In medicine as in any other discipline.

Memento

I think the key point is inhibition of glycolytic pathway, cancers thrive on that. Oxidative metabolism still burns sugar in healthy cells.

OP
J

jb116

I think the key point is inhibition of glycolytic pathway, cancers thrive on that. Oxidative metabolism still burns sugar in healthy cells.
If that is indeed the case then that's great

Obi-wan

Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

"Altogether, our findings show microtubule disruption, p53 stabilization and interference with glucose metabolism as collective underlying mechanisms of FZ induced preferential elimination of cancer cells both in vitro and in vivo."

This is better than the chemo drug that I am currently on (Taxotere)

8ad6b7_1ceb511a6012468eb56a6149977493f1~mv2_d_3024_4032_s_4_2.jpg

This product has gotten my full attention. Nicknamed Fenben by the Facebook support group mycancerstory.rocks and introduced by Joe Tippens at https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/sin...-your-life-how-to-change-your-own-perspective.

I have started taking it 3 days on/4 days off. Just finished my first week. One box per week.

Obi-wan

If that is indeed the case then that's great

"Benzimidazole compounds are known to interfere with energy metabolism of the host, particularly, the carbohydrate metabolism. They block the glucose uptake and ATP formation which ultimately leads to the death of the parasite. Disparity in energy metabolism between normal and cancer cells has been well known for a long time and in many malignant cell lines glucose consumption is several folds higher than in normal cells. Deprivation of glucose uptake, therefore, has been exploited as a therapeutic approach46. FZ could effectively inhibit glucose uptake in NSCLC cells suggesting that FZ induced cancer cell death is, in part, facilitated by blocking glucose uptake of cancer cells."

somuch4food

From the article that was linked to previously:

I mentioned earlier that I am a voracious researcher on various alternative methods and I came to a conclusion in January 2017 that, in addition to the new canine drug experiment, that I also would begin a regimen that would include the following:

• Tocotrienol and Tocopherol forms (all 8) of Vitamin E (400-800mg per day, 7 days a week). A product called Gamma E by Life Extension or Perfect E are both great.

• Bio-Available Curcumin (600mg per day, 2 pills per day 7 days a week). A product called Theracurmin HP by Integrative Therapeutics is bioavailable., and

• CBD oil (1-2 droppers-ful [equal to 25mg per day] under the tongue, 7 days a week) oil
So the period of unknown started in the 3rd week of January 2017 and included the above three items every day (7 days per week) and the canine medicine (1 GRAM PER DAY FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS) per week. Take 4 days off and repeat each week. Each gram of Panacur C has approximately 222 mg of fenbendazole, in case you are trying a different branded product.

Thank goodness for the Internet. Those ideas can reach more people than they could have in the past. It's still difficult for these alternative treatments to gain strong traction since everyone is indoctrinated by mainstream media and medicine though.

I just learnt my mom probably has breast cancer. I will certainly mention this to her since it's a known drug that has its toxicity documented. It's used for another purpose, but at this dosage it probably cannot do more harm than a cancer does.

Obi-wan

How much Fenbendazole ist that in mg daily?

222mg of Fenbenazole per gram of Panacure C per day. 3 days on 4 days off

OP
J

jb116

"Benzimidazole compounds are known to interfere with energy metabolism of the host, particularly, the carbohydrate metabolism. They block the glucose uptake and ATP formation which ultimately leads to the death of the parasite. Disparity in energy metabolism between normal and cancer cells has been well known for a long time and in many malignant cell lines glucose consumption is several folds higher than in normal cells. Deprivation of glucose uptake, therefore, has been exploited as a therapeutic approach46. FZ could effectively inhibit glucose uptake in NSCLC cells suggesting that FZ induced cancer cell death is, in part, facilitated by blocking glucose uptake of cancer cells."
Very cool

Obi-wan

haidut

Forum Supporter
To everybody in this thread asking about these chemicals - most of the *sole *zole anti-parasithhic drugs are potent immune boosters/agonists, which can explain most of their anti-cancer effects. In fact levamisole is in several clinical trials for cancer.
Levamisole as an immunotherapeutic agent in the treatment of cancer
NCI Drug Dictionary

So, in theory other immune boosters like thyroid, anti-estrogenic chemicals, vitamin E, etc could all have a role as cancer treatments and in fact many of those have been tried on animal models and are likely safer than the *soles/*zoles.

Texon

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes it is. @burtlancast @Regina I seem to recall you guys had some interest in cancer issues from some prior posts I have seen. @haidut I meant to include you in this as well.
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/sin...-your-life-how-to-change-your-own-perspective
The Merck scientist used only Febendazole afaik. However, the man profiled in the link above added vitamin E, cbd oil and curcumin to his protocol.

AFAIK, all of the *soles *zoles tested have anti-cancer effect. That's why levamisole is now studied for cancer.
Levamisole - Wikipedia

It all comes down to which one is the least toxic and maybe febendazole is the one.

Last edited:

Regina

Yes it is. @burtlancast @Regina I seem to recall you guys had some interest in cancer issues from some prior posts I have seen. @haidut I meant to include you in this as well.
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/sin...-your-life-how-to-change-your-own-perspective
The Merck scientist used only Febendazole afaik. However, the man profiled in the link above added vitamin E, cbd oil and curcumin to his protocol.
Wow. Thanks for writing up your story.
I have used febendazole on my dog. I was so frustrated with his horrid health (too many ailments to list) and zero results from $$$$$ with Vets. In March 2015, I bought it for him on Amazon. I forget what prompted me to try it. Anyway, he's doing really well now and I have not been to a Vet in several years.

Attachments

• dewormer.jpg
    dewormer.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9

Obi-wan

To everybody in this thread asking about these chemicals - most of the *sole *zole anti-parasithhic drugs are potent immune boosters/agonists, which can explain most of their anti-cancer effects. In fact levamisole is in several clinical trials for cancer.
Levamisole as an immunotherapeutic agent in the treatment of cancer
NCI Drug Dictionary

So, in theory other immune boosters like thyroid, anti-estrogenic chemicals, vitamin E, etc could all have a role as cancer treatments and in fact many of those have been tried on animal models and are likely safer than the *soles/*zoles.

I think Fenbendazole is more than an immune booster: Please read the study at Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

"Altogether, our findings show microtubule disruption, p53 stabilization and interference with glucose metabolism as collective underlying mechanisms of FZ induced preferential elimination of cancer cells both in vitro and in vivo."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals