A Plenitude Economy

yerrag

This is a proposal by Juliet Scherer, a professor of sociology at Boston College:

If I were to sum up her thinking, it would be: Work shorter hours, and more people can get jobs. This way, the employed gets more time to improve their lives.

I think that if people are not so harried, they have time, for example, to expand their understanding. For example, they would have more time to finish a Ray Peat article, think about it, and perhaps more people will think different from the regular programming. People could have better ideas from alternative discourse such as the one we have.

What I've encountered with people is that those who are really rich and really poor is what they have in common is their ignorance. The rich are just too tied up running their business, and are mostly out of touch with the common people, and the poor are just unable to find time for improving their understanding of how the world really works.

An educated middle class with time on their hands to know, and to get involved, is key to a strong and vibrant economy. It is this strong center that holds the country together. An overworked middle class won't be helpful.

If people are just watching movies and football games, and not even reading a book, and just pushing "like" buttons instead of expressing their ideas in online forums, it makes a practical intellectual discourse among people very limited and lacking depth. If many people can identify with this center, and think well and can articulate soundly, there are more voices that can shape the policies and direction of the country. There will be less carpetbaggers making the rounds of government and shrinking the piece and cutting it up for themselves.

The dynamics of this kind of economy can never be overestimated, as freeing up the potential to "perceive, think, and act" among the masses can only bring the economy closer to what the people actually needs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals