2yo is having extreme immune responses to something

does it always happen at home or the same place? maybe he is in contact with a particular substance. Take nicotine, for example, it is in many products like vape pens and the kid could get ahold of it and ingest or get some on his skin, which is just as effective.

OP
F

Fitch

does it always happen at home or the same place? maybe he is in contact with a particular substance. Take nicotine, for example, it is in many products like vape pens and the kid could get ahold of it and ingest or get some on his skin, which is just as effective.

All episodes have occurred at daycare. He's had to go to the ER twice because of them. For how expensive the daycare is (being that it's sort of trendy and advanced) I would hope that the staff doesn't have anything too foreign of the sort laying around for the kids to potentially get into. I wondered in the past if it were just physical exertion too but with the changes in mental state and fainting I'm not too sure, maybe he's just too over stimulated? Or has a lower threshold for getting to that point?
i am guessing they checked his blood sugar? acting strange then passing out makes me think of that
I thought that as well but to my knowledge nothing seemed off when they took vitals at the ER afterwards.

All episodes have occurred at daycare. He's had to go to the ER twice because of them. For how expensive the daycare is (being that it's sort of trendy and advanced) I would hope that the staff doesn't have anything too foreign of the sort laying around for the kids to potentially get into. I wondered in the past if it were just physical exertion too but with the changes in mental state and fainting I'm not too sure, maybe he's just too over stimulated? Or has a lower threshold for getting to that point?

I thought that as well but to my knowledge nothing seemed off when they took vitals at the ER afterwards.
Terrifying. If it were my kid, I would pull them out of there now. You never know what daycare workers are really up to...what drugs they may abuse. It doesn't have to be lying around anyway, could be on their hands, or even in the air, especially with drugs like fentanyl. Scary. I hope you can sort this out.

so he was better before he got to ER? And the daycare workers gave him "benadryl"? This may very well be true, but my suspicious brain wonders if the boy got some drugs into him and then the druggie gave him narcan. I mean long-shot-worse-case-scenario. I don't trust anybody with my kids. People do dumb stuff

OP
F

Fitch

so he was better before he got to ER? And the daycare workers gave him "benadryl"? This may very well be true, but my suspicious brain wonders if the boy got some drugs into him and then the druggie gave him narcan. I mean long-shot-worse-case-scenario. I don't trust anybody with my kids. People do dumb stuff
I want to say the first time was the worst where the ambulance had to be called and he was then administerd benadryl and given an epipen injection (or something of the sort) to quiet the immune response. I think all other times it has happened he's been fairly stable since getting to the hospital but it still frustrating not having any answers as to what's causing this in the first place. Thank you (and everyone else) for being so welcoming and supportive so far! Love ya guys and gals

omg this is nuts! no wonder you are coming on here trying to figure this out! :hairpull I hope you do come up with answers for the poor baby!

Giraffe

Terrifying. If it were my kid, I would pull them out of there now. You never know what daycare workers are really up to...what drugs they may abuse. It doesn't have to be lying around anyway, could be on their hands, or even in the air, especially with drugs like fentanyl. Scary. I hope you can sort this out.

I too would take the kid out of daycare. There is no way to know what's going on there.

redsun

My friend's 2yo boy for the past 3-4 months has had these spells where he gets very flushed in the face and becomes very loop and starts to act strange, this then being followed by him passing out and having to be taken to the ER. The first episode of all of this was remedied by giving him Benadryl so I assumed the problem would be allergies or something causing a massive influx of histamines. After having a full allergy panel done at the Mayo Clinic, they came back with nothing, other than the idea that these may be seizures. Both him and his sister (who's 4) have very bad eczema so they're aren't the healthiest immune system-wise to begin with. I'm trying to affect their diet to the extent I can to aid with the eczema but this "episodic passing-out/seizure thing" is way too extreme of a reaction to something to not reach out for additional help. Any advice would be appreciated!

I love you all and sincerely appreciate it!

Second post as my first one yesterday was posted to a too general off area and for the life of me can't figure out how to delete it so forgive me for the slight repost. I'm hopeful you guys would know better as to what look towards for guidance and aid to all this and it's taking a massive toll on my friend's mental health and well being. Also, the boy was sadly vax'd when he was 1 and a half, around there. How much that comes into play I've not a clue. Once again, thank you all for reading any idea ideas/hunches you have please share.
Forgetting the paranoia about vaccines in this thread, do at least one of the child's parents have a history of allergies? As in rhinitis, and reactions to pollen and dust and other inhalants. If so, the child likely is predisposed because of one of the parents due to genetics related to histamine metabolism.

What you describe sounds like sudden histamine overload because excessive histamine causes blood pressure to drop dangerously low which can cause all the other symptoms and which eventually leads to passing out. So if it always happens at the daycare, there may be some kind of dust, pollen or other inhalant allergen (say mold) there specifically that he otherwise is not getting exposed to at home. I dont think the daycare is filled with drug addicts and generally drugs are not going to cause this kind of reaction anyways.

Eczema can be caused by arachidonic acid deficiency. This study also showed this through a survey of almost 24000 schoolchildren:

"Arachidonic acid intake was independently inversely related to eczema: the adjusted OR between extreme quintiles was 0.81 (0.69-0.95, 0.0008). Eczema was not associated with eicosapentaenoic or docosahexaenoic acid intake, or with the ratio of n-3 to n-6 PUFA intake."

Last edited:
@redsun taking narcotic painkillers does cause a histamine release, I vividly remember itching my face constantly during my c-sections and the doc telling me it's just the medicine. I am not saying this is what is happening to the boy, but drugs do cause histamine problems.

I'd imagine he is just really allergic to something at daycare, whether mold, pollen, food, cleaner chemicals, fragrances (some people really pile it on) I mean there is wheat in play-doh, do they let kids use it outside of the home anymore? There are too many questions to just let a kid go back to that daycare if he ends up in the ER every now and then. I hope they find a better way or at least an answer.

OP
F

Fitch

Forgetting the paranoia about vaccines in this thread, do at least one of the child's parents have a history of allergies? As in rhinitis, and reactions to pollen and dust and other inhalants. If so, the child likely is predisposed because of one of the parents due to genetics related to histamine metabolism.

What you describe sounds like sudden histamine overload because excessive histamine causes blood pressure to drop dangerously low which can cause all the other symptoms and which eventually leads to passing out. So if it always happens at the daycare, there may be some kind of dust, pollen or other inhalant allergen (say mold) there specifically that he otherwise is not getting exposed to at home. I dont think the daycare is filled with drug addicts and generally drugs are not going to cause this kind of reaction anyways.

Eczema can be caused by arachidonic acid deficiency. This study also showed this through a survey of almost 24000 schoolchildren:

"Arachidonic acid intake was independently inversely related to eczema: the adjusted OR between extreme quintiles was 0.81 (0.69-0.95, 0.0008). Eczema was not associated with eicosapentaenoic or docosahexaenoic acid intake, or with the ratio of n-3 to n-6 PUFA intake."
Thank you so much for the reply! ☺️

Peatress

This poor child got sick after being vaccinated but to suggest his symptom has anything to do with vaccines is paranoid. Instead, it must be his low pufa diet. Wow!

Please get the doctors to check to see if this child has clotting issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals