Talk to me about all things mast cell activation syndrome!

I'm.No.One

Okay I will try to keep this as short as possible, no promises 😅

Quick recap:

1.) About 4ish months back, maybe 5 now, I develop sudden reactive hypoglycemia.

2.) Nothing I did really helped all that much. I will say that working with some b vitamins and copper have made the episodes less severe ( instead of dropping into the 50 range, I'll drop into the 70s).

3.) Food pairings do not matter. No they don't. There is no rhyme or reason as to what would cause me to have an episode in the terms of carbs, fats, proteins being combined or omitted. Please know my blood sugar does not climb before it drops and it can literally drop in the middle of eating.

4.) Working on my liver has done nothing and actually when I started to use things like taurine or glycine my drops happened more often so I backed off.

5.) I decided to go on a very limited raw milk, gelatin, fig, red meat/organs diet. Just felt like I needed to reset my body while also really getting in a lot of minerals.

6.) I ate during this diet only like 2 days in a small amount of steak tartare. Suddenly my mouth went numb, my lips burned, and my skin had a vague feeling of sunburn all over my face, felt slightly harder to breathe, ears began screaming. I thought maybe it had been the onion that I added. Nope, it happened the next day with just meat.

7.) Fell down the histamine rabbit hole and realize that I have a majority of not just histamine intolerance but the symptoms of mast cell activation syndrome. I don't currently go anaphylactic but I ate a fig yesterday being like oh I ate those before and they weren't a problem and I did have a very hard time breathing and ended up taking a couple Claritin.

8.) At this point, the only thing that I can currently eat over the last few days without having a pretty bad reaction is raw milk, egg yolks, mashed potatoes/butter. I'm slowly trying to figure out what other low histamine foods I can eat. I do have some freshly frozen organs and since we butcher our own animals they were literally frozen within hours of killing so should be pretty low in histamine theoretically. Especially the pork organs as it seems pork already has lower histamines?

So I feel like what happened is this problem actually presented itself when I had my first blood sugar crashes during the spring and my system has just been steadily building histamine since.

Just to say I've never had allergies in my life. I could be around the worst pollen or any animal and eat anything and it just didn't bug me.

Now it seems like anything/everything external and internal is creating a reaction.

I know that B vitamins and copper are pretty vital in helping us remove histamines, correct?

I'm also working with vitamin C from camucamu because I'm pretty sure that orange juice would kill me right now with how high in histamines it is.

I have an appointment on October 12th that took me 4 months to get with an endocrinologist. I do believe they also deal with mast cell issues. So what labs would you ask him to draw if this was you??

Anyone have sudden experience with this?

Got any great links I should read?

I know from what I've read on here, people don't think that histamine issues can be resolved, but I wonder if that's different for somebody who suddenly developed them versus a lifelong issue with them?

I'm all ears folk because at this point if I don't figure something out, I'm going to get brave and try very small amounts of MMS because it seems like I might need to eat food to continue living 😅

L_C

I was thinking the same. Redsun is quite knowledgeable about histamines. Also, I would think one needs DAO enzyme to process histamine.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I was thinking the same. Redsun is quite knowledgeable about histamines. Also, I would think one needs DAO enzyme to process histamine.
I've been working with beef kidneys for the DAO, although I wonder if the histamines present in that would make it moot point, I also have SAMe on the way via reading his various posts about MTHFR being a factor & that particular compound being needed to clear the receptors. That was not said in any scientific way so don't quote me 😅

redsun

Okay I will try to keep this as short as possible, no promises 😅

Quick recap:

1.) About 4ish months back, maybe 5 now, I develop sudden reactive hypoglycemia.

2.) Nothing I did really helped all that much. I will say that working with some b vitamins and copper have made the episodes less severe ( instead of dropping into the 50 range, I'll drop into the 70s).

3.) Food pairings do not matter. No they don't. There is no rhyme or reason as to what would cause me to have an episode in the terms of carbs, fats, proteins being combined or omitted. Please know my blood sugar does not climb before it drops and it can literally drop in the middle of eating.

4.) Working on my liver has done nothing and actually when I started to use things like taurine or glycine my drops happened more often so I backed off.

5.) I decided to go on a very limited raw milk, gelatin, fig, red meat/organs diet. Just felt like I needed to reset my body while also really getting in a lot of minerals.

6.) I ate during this diet only like 2 days in a small amount of steak tartare. Suddenly my mouth went numb, my lips burned, and my skin had a vague feeling of sunburn all over my face, felt slightly harder to breathe, ears began screaming. I thought maybe it had been the onion that I added. Nope, it happened the next day with just meat.

7.) Fell down the histamine rabbit hole and realize that I have a majority of not just histamine intolerance but the symptoms of mast cell activation syndrome. I don't currently go anaphylactic but I ate a fig yesterday being like oh I ate those before and they weren't a problem and I did have a very hard time breathing and ended up taking a couple Claritin.

8.) At this point, the only thing that I can currently eat over the last few days without having a pretty bad reaction is raw milk, egg yolks, mashed potatoes/butter. I'm slowly trying to figure out what other low histamine foods I can eat. I do have some freshly frozen organs and since we butcher our own animals they were literally frozen within hours of killing so should be pretty low in histamine theoretically. Especially the pork organs as it seems pork already has lower histamines?

So I feel like what happened is this problem actually presented itself when I had my first blood sugar crashes during the spring and my system has just been steadily building histamine since.

Just to say I've never had allergies in my life. I could be around the worst pollen or any animal and eat anything and it just didn't bug me.

Now it seems like anything/everything external and internal is creating a reaction.

I know that B vitamins and copper are pretty vital in helping us remove histamines, correct?

I'm also working with vitamin C from camucamu because I'm pretty sure that orange juice would kill me right now with how high in histamines it is.

I have an appointment on October 12th that took me 4 months to get with an endocrinologist. I do believe they also deal with mast cell issues. So what labs would you ask him to draw if this was you??

Anyone have sudden experience with this?

Got any great links I should read?

I know from what I've read on here, people don't think that histamine issues can be resolved, but I wonder if that's different for somebody who suddenly developed them versus a lifelong issue with them?

I'm all ears folk because at this point if I don't figure something out, I'm going to get brave and try very small amounts of MMS because it seems like I might need to eat food to continue living 😅
I did see your PM by the way but I wanted to post my response see anyone can see.

First thing, your symptoms you experienced from eating steak tartare matches more with histamine reactions but doesnt really match reactive hypoglycemia symptoms. Reactive hypoglycemia will cause you to shake (hands tend to shake), get chills, dizziness, etc. You can look up all the symptoms associated with it to see for yourself.

Orange juice doesnt have histamine but because it (and all citrus) are histamine liberators, it will trigger histamine reactions in those susceptible.

If you do actually get blood sugar crashes, I would think it would be because your diet is kind of low in carbs because you restricted a lot of carb options especially starches. A lot of people here who stop all starch or eat very little starch and mostly sugars tend to have blood sugars issues. You arent going to get much carbs from raw milk and figs even if you eat a lot but.

Yes when you freeze meat it prevent further histamine build up. If you slaughtered it and froze it within hours it should very little histamine build up.

Seems like you probably have high histamine and thus present all these symptoms especially in response to liberators or foods high in histamine. But its not due to reactive hypoglycemia and histamine doesnt cause hypoglycemia though low blood sugar does seem to trigger histamine reactions in some people. The best way to avoid that is eating plenty of carbs.

This link is a good list of foods you should be able to tolerate.

I've been working with beef kidneys for the DAO, although I wonder if the histamines present in that would make it moot point, I also have SAMe on the way via reading his various posts about MTHFR being a factor & that particular compound being needed to clear the receptors. That was not said in any scientific way so don't quote me 😅
Problem is SAM-e or methionine or TMG substitutes poor methylation but it doesnt fix it. Some also deal with electrolyte issues when they take SAM or a lot of folate and B12. Yes Bs are important but taking B complexes tends to worsen histamine reactions ironically. But Bs from food are a different story.

Riboflavin and copper may help increase DAO production which breaks down histamine in the gut so you don't absorb it. It will only work so much however if you have DAO mutations.

All the B-vitamins are vital for methylation but most important seems to be riboflavin which if your daily intake is high enough can basically normalize MTHFR activity in those who have mutations according to Chris masterjohn. Its important to try to get real food folates as well, and using that list you can start to work on that as well as getting other Bs from allowed foods. I will link you to his methylation page. You should read and absorb all that info its much more organized instead of me just writing pages of stuff. Notice how he also cautions against SAM-e use. Its mainly about making the right food choices to assist in your body's capacity to methylate.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I did see your PM by the way but I wanted to post my response see anyone can see.

First thing, your symptoms you experienced from eating steak tartare matches more with histamine reactions but doesnt really match reactive hypoglycemia symptoms. Reactive hypoglycemia will cause you to shake (hands tend to shake), get chills, dizziness, etc. You can look up all the symptoms associated with it to see for yourself.
Yeah I've been dealing with severe blood sugar crashes directly after eating for about 5 months now. Not all people get the chills/dizziness.

For me I get the cognitive issues such as dis/deassociation, loss of word recall, inability to breathe well, the urge to cry with no emotions behind it(This one actually is a early symptom and lets me know that my blood sugar is currently crashing so that's kind of been helpful) & nausea.
Orange juice doesnt have histamine but because it (and all citrus) are histamine liberators, it will trigger histamine reactions in those susceptible.

If you do actually get blood sugar crashes, I would think it would be because your diet is kind of low in carbs because you restricted a lot of carb options especially starches. A lot of people here who stop all starch or eat very little starch and mostly sugars tend to have blood sugars issues. You arent going to get much carbs from raw milk and figs even if you eat a lot but.
I should clarify. I've literally only been eating that way for 3 days and prior to that there was no shortage of carbs. So please know this isn't something new or that is a symptom of me not eating enough. I actually eat a lot of starch based carbohydrates, in fact, so far over the past 3 days, one of the foods that's keeping me alive that isn't causing a histamine reaction is mashed potatoes.

With this one, I'm not so sure what will happen if I return to potatoes from the store once I run out of the very freshly grown ones that I have.
Yes when you freeze meat it prevent further histamine build up. If you slaughtered it and froze it within hours it should very little histamine build up.

Seems like you probably have high histamine and thus present all these symptoms especially in response to liberators or foods high in histamine. But its not due to reactive hypoglycemia and histamine doesnt cause hypoglycemia though low blood sugar does seem to trigger histamine reactions in some people. The best way to avoid that is eating plenty of carbs.
Yeah it seems like a which came first chicken or the egg scenario almost. But I guess maybe I just developed these extreme histamine issues because my blood sugar is so chronically low no matter what I do because my pancreas won't stop pumping out insulin relentlessly.

It just seemed like such an aha moment though to be honest, especially when I consider that I get these weird my mouth goes numb sensations anytime my blood sugar drops and no types of food pairings have resolved that whatsoever.
This link is a good list of foods you should be able to tolerate.

Thanks, I will check that out. Hopefully it will be. Maybe I don't know better than the other links that I've seen so far.
Problem is SAM-e or methionine or TMG substitutes poor methylation but it doesnt fix it. Some also deal with electrolyte issues when they take SAM or a lot of folate and B12. Yes Bs are important but taking B complexes tends to worsen histamine reactions ironically. But Bs from food are a different story.
I had been working with Brewer's yeast for some time but it makes me stink so horrendously bad.

So in all honesty I wasn't even sure if my body was utilizing it.

I could try bee pollen again, although I don't know how much of a histamine liberator that is and/or how much histamine it might contain.

I do eat a fair amount of eggs and there is a fair amount of vitamin Bs in raw milk especially goat milk and if I can handle yogurt the vitamin B levels skyrocket from natural fermentation.

I also seem to tolerate blueberries, thankfully I have a ton of those.

I'm definitely open to any suggestions beyond these things in regards to getting more vitamin B's while somehow not triggering the histamine response.
Riboflavin and copper may help increase DAO production which breaks down histamine in the gut so you don't absorb it. It will only work so much however if you have DAO mutations.
Do you happen to know the name of the gene testing I would need to check for those mutations?
All the B-vitamins are vital for methylation but most important seems to be riboflavin which if your daily intake is high enough can basically normalize MTHFR activity in those who have mutations according to Chris masterjohn. Its important to try to get real food folates as well, and using that list you can start to work on that as well as getting other Bs from allowed foods. I will link you to his methylation page. You should read and absorb all that info its much more organized instead of me just writing pages of stuff. Notice how he also cautions against SAM-e use. Its mainly about making the right food choices to assist in your body's capacity to methylate.

Thanks again.

I will say that I don't think that supplements were necessarily going to be the thing that fixes me and I definitely agree everything should be coming from natural food sources.

I just feel like my body spiraled so hard and so fast and I already prior to the last 3 days was eating a varied amount of foods packed with nutrition that I feel like I've just fallen so far over an edge that food alone might not bring me back quickly enough before this gets worse. It definitely feels like it's snowballing after having made a ton of forward movement in my health. This just feels kind of...worrisome.

InChristAlone

The foods you are tolerating are very yang/warming. You could browse Dr Lawrence Wilson's website, he discusses nutritional balancing. Unfortunately Peat's diet can push people far too yin, as happened to me. I couldn't sustain myself at all on the main diet of milk or yogurt, and juice, my blood sugar was staying around 100 even when I just downed some sugar then I'd get a panic attack. I think I would have died had the suffering not become so great that I said to hell with sugar and milk! I started consuming more starches, cheese and meat and started feeling better and better... Albeit not healed because I didn't want to give up on sugar completely I still had grape juice and soda :( I am now incorporating more yang foods and doing coffee enemas and slowly I can sense that I am feeling stronger. Wilson thinks raw milk is good but not in the amount Peat recommends. He said goat cheese is good. Steak tartare would be too rare, try medium cooked and see how that feels along with 2.5 min pressured cooked root veggies. They are very warming and nourishing. He recommends TMG for everyone. That is also not Peat approved as Peat believes in reducing methylation. Not a fan of that. I think Peat is a rare breed. As we age our ability to oxidize becomes less and less. Toxins thus accumulate in our organs as we slowly die. This is very well seen on hair tissue mineral analysis. We excrete large amounts of calcium and mag and don't have enough potassium and sodium. Salt is very nourishing. I've been using real salt again after Peat brianwashed me that only refined salt is healthy. Salt coming from the primordial deposits is good it doesn't have the contamination that Celtic salt has. And then also all toxic minerals will be non existent on a hair test as the body fails to get rid of them.

HeyThere

Yeah I've been dealing with severe blood sugar crashes directly after eating for about 5 months now. Not all people get the chills/dizziness.

For me I get the cognitive issues such as dis/deassociation, loss of word recall, inability to breathe well, the urge to cry with no emotions behind it(This one actually is a early symptom and lets me know that my blood sugar is currently crashing so that's kind of been helpful) & nausea.

I should clarify. I've literally only been eating that way for 3 days and prior to that there was no shortage of carbs. So please know this isn't something new or that is a symptom of me not eating enough. I actually eat a lot of starch based carbohydrates, in fact, so far over the past 3 days, one of the foods that's keeping me alive that isn't causing a histamine reaction is mashed potatoes.

With this one, I'm not so sure what will happen if I return to potatoes from the store once I run out of the very freshly grown ones that I have.

Yeah it seems like a which came first chicken or the egg scenario almost. But I guess maybe I just developed these extreme histamine issues because my blood sugar is so chronically low no matter what I do because my pancreas won't stop pumping out insulin relentlessly.

It just seemed like such an aha moment though to be honest, especially when I consider that I get these weird my mouth goes numb sensations anytime my blood sugar drops and no types of food pairings have resolved that whatsoever.

Thanks, I will check that out. Hopefully it will be. Maybe I don't know better than the other links that I've seen so far.

I had been working with Brewer's yeast for some time but it makes me stink so horrendously bad.

So in all honesty I wasn't even sure if my body was utilizing it.

I could try bee pollen again, although I don't know how much of a histamine liberator that is and/or how much histamine it might contain.

I do eat a fair amount of eggs and there is a fair amount of vitamin Bs in raw milk especially goat milk and if I can handle yogurt the vitamin B levels skyrocket from natural fermentation.

I also seem to tolerate blueberries, thankfully I have a ton of those.

I'm definitely open to any suggestions beyond these things in regards to getting more vitamin B's while somehow not triggering the histamine response.

Do you happen to know the name of the gene testing I would need to check for those mutations?

Thanks again.

I will say that I don't think that supplements were necessarily going to be the thing that fixes me and I definitely agree everything should be coming from natural food sources.

I just feel like my body spiraled so hard and so fast and I already prior to the last 3 days was eating a varied amount of foods packed with nutrition that I feel like I've just fallen so far over an edge that food alone might not bring me back quickly enough before this gets worse. It definitely feels like it's snowballing after having made a ton of forward movement in my health. This just feels kind of...worrisome.

I don't mean to tell everyone this same thing, but please research Salicylate Sensitivity/Intolerance.

For decades I thought my issue was Histamine Intolerance when all that time my histamine rose from a body's protective reaction against growing levels of Salicylates (they are in almost everything.. not just foods).

Trigger foods high in Salicylates fill your bucket and throw you into the reaction. Not ALL foods listed as high and low in Salicylates will apply to everyone. I know there are foods they list as very low which are really bad for me. As a general rule, always have Benadryl on hand is my suggestion. I take a tiny sip of Children's liquid. I don't do well to the "Allergy" version, just the bubblegum regular Benadryl one.

Let me/us know what you relate to with Salicylates.

SamYo123

The foods you are tolerating are very yang/warming. You could browse Dr Lawrence Wilson's website, he discusses nutritional balancing. Unfortunately Peat's diet can push people far too yin, as happened to me. I couldn't sustain myself at all on the main diet of milk or yogurt, and juice, my blood sugar was staying around 100 even when I just downed some sugar then I'd get a panic attack. I think I would have died had the suffering not become so great that I said to hell with sugar and milk! I started consuming more starches, cheese and meat and started feeling better and better... Albeit not healed because I didn't want to give up on sugar completely I still had grape juice and soda :( I am now incorporating more yang foods and doing coffee enemas and slowly I can sense that I am feeling stronger. Wilson thinks raw milk is good but not in the amount Peat recommends. He said goat cheese is good. Steak tartare would be too rare, try medium cooked and see how that feels along with 2.5 min pressured cooked root veggies. They are very warming and nourishing. He recommends TMG for everyone. That is also not Peat approved as Peat believes in reducing methylation. Not a fan of that. I think Peat is a rare breed. As we age our ability to oxidize becomes less and less. Toxins thus accumulate in our organs as we slowly die. This is very well seen on hair tissue mineral analysis. We excrete large amounts of calcium and mag and don't have enough potassium and sodium. Salt is very nourishing. I've been using real salt again after Peat brianwashed me that only refined salt is healthy. Salt coming from the primordial deposits is good it doesn't have the contamination that Celtic salt has. And then also all toxic minerals will be non existent on a hair test as the body fails to get rid of them.
raw milk is yang

InChristAlone

raw milk is yang
At the time I didn't have access to raw milk. Although I did a couple yrs before that. And I'd say my health was pretty good then.

RealNeat

What is the salt you get?

I don't think Peat has mentioned you want to lower methylation but rather not ingest supplemental methyl donors. It's definitely an issue with people who have methylation issues that cause them to build up even though they have MTHFR, Masterjohn goes into this.

I don't think it's brain washing to recommend pure salt like Ray does. Dr. Hal Huggins also suggested Morton's salt and said the best blood chemistry he saw was from people who ate pure salt and those on sea salt would not improve until they changed it.

Ray doesn't just pull this stuff out of thin air.

RealNeat

I don't mean to tell everyone this same thing, but please research Salicylate Sensitivity/Intolerance.

For decades I thought my issue was Histamine Intolerance when all that time my histamine rose from a body's protective reaction against growing levels of Salicylates (they are in almost everything.. not just foods).

Trigger foods high in Salicylates fill your bucket and throw you into the reaction. Not ALL foods listed as high and low in Salicylates will apply to everyone. I know there are foods they list as very low which are really bad for me. As a general rule, always have Benadryl on hand is my suggestion. I take a tiny sip of Children's liquid. I don't do well to the "Allergy" version, just the bubblegum regular Benadryl one.

Let me/us know what you relate to with Salicylates.
Im guessing you also avoid aspirin.
instead of trying to avoid something that's found in every food why not experiment with what nutrient balances it. I'd start with the K vitamins.

To me it's a canary to have reactions to things other people tend to do fine with. Our bodies should be able to process and deal with these things outside of extreme overdose, which usually happens industrially.

Finding out why your body has a severe reaction could also uncover future disturbances to your health and prevent them.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

To me it's a canary to have reactions to things other people tend to do fine with. Our bodies should be able to process and deal with these things outside of extreme overdose, which usually happens industrially.
This.

I have been trying to follow the breadcrumb trail of what suddenly caused me to have reactive hypoglycemia & stumbling across apparent histamine issues after a very short lived milk diet absolutely feels like a big "ah ha" moment even if *it's supposedly not related to my blood sugar drops.

(Beyond low blood sugar causing an increase in histamines)

I mean every.single.time that my glucose plummets I've realized I have a strange numb/tingling sensation in my mouth/lips & I can't catch my breath. This happens right before the blood sugar drop, not after.

Again I know low blood sugar can cause an increase in histamines but I'd feel kinda foolish to just full on accept that the clear symptoms of a histamine reaction aren't a little Canary singing it's head off🤣

I was looking at various mast cell activation syndrome blogs & such (as well as histamine intolerance ones) & I came across this comment that to a damn T describes what it feels like.

Screenshot_20220930-154350.png

I can still talk when it happens but it takes real effort to actually remember what word I'm trying to say.

I know I can't just put a bandaid over the issue & need to find the root cause especially considering I've NEVER had allergies before this in any way. I just also think getting the reactions calmed down buys me time to do that.

Thanks for letting me talk out loud 🤣

HeyThere

Im guessing you also avoid aspirin.
instead of trying to avoid something that's found in every food why not experiment with what nutrient balances it. I'd start with the K vitamins.

Finding out why your body has a severe reaction could also uncover future disturbances to your health and prevent them.

Yes, aspirin is a massive no-no. Ears ring like mad, and the cascade of reactions follow. Didn't realize decades back when I'd take Alka Seltzer.

And again, wow. I'm not sure why I'm entertaining your attitude, but here I am. Yes, I know Salicylates are filtered through the liver, I know things to help with chelating Sals faster, etc etc etc. Sals also cause blood sugar issues, and so much more.

I was merely taking STEP NUMBER ONE to see if the list of foods and products were things she recognized were triggers BEFORE I went into the wormhole of everything else.

Nice 'tude, dude.

InChristAlone

What is the salt you get?

I don't think Peat has mentioned you want to lower methylation but rather not ingest supplemental methyl donors. It's definitely an issue with people who have methylation issues that cause them to build up even though they have MTHFR, Masterjohn goes into this.

I don't think it's brain washing to recommend pure salt like Ray does. Dr. Hal Huggins also suggested Morton's salt and said the best blood chemistry he saw was from people who ate pure salt and those on sea salt would not improve until they changed it.

Ray doesn't just pull this stuff out of thin air.
Oh I know he didn't pull it out of thin air though he is more concerned with the iron oxides. Sea salt could mean the type that is harvested from the sea or the type that is harvested from mines. Some say celtic salt is the best, some say rock salt is the best, the debate will probably last forever. I tried both ways for yrs. Mortons pickling salt for about a decade and real salt for about 4 yrs. I don't think there's much difference honestly. Mined sea salt at least does have trace minerals that are hard to come by in our modern foods.

Salt harvested from the sea may have contaminates such as microplastics. Can't rule out the cause of bad blood chemistry due to that.

RealNeat

Yes, aspirin is a massive no-no. Ears ring like mad, and the cascade of reactions follow. Didn't realize decades back when I'd take Alka Seltzer.

And again, wow. I'm not sure why I'm entertaining your attitude, but here I am. Yes, I know Salicylates are filtered through the liver, I know things to help with chelating Sals faster, etc etc etc. Sals also cause blood sugar issues, and so much more.

I was merely taking STEP NUMBER ONE to see if the list of foods and products were things she recognized were triggers BEFORE I went into the wormhole of everything else.

Nice 'tude, dude.
I did not mean to convey any sort of attitude. You must have misunderstood my emotion over text. I'm not judging or doubting you I was simply entertaining a thought.

RealNeat

Oh I know he didn't pull it out of thin air though he is more concerned with the iron oxides. Sea salt could mean the type that is harvested from the sea or the type that is harvested from mines. Some say celtic salt is the best, some say rock salt is the best, the debate will probably last forever. I tried both ways for yrs. Mortons pickling salt for about a decade and real salt for about 4 yrs. I don't think there's much difference honestly. Mined sea salt at least does have trace minerals that are hard to come by in our modern foods.

Salt harvested from the sea may have contaminates such as microplastics. Can't rule out the cause of bad blood chemistry due to that.
Redmond real salt has pretty high levels of lead, we get a lot of those trace micronutrients from seafood, seaweed and land foods. I think when those compounds are processed though a more complex organism they are safer than eating essentially dirt, which imo salt could be considered the dirt of the sea.

In context dirt, humic and fulvic acids like shilajit and soil based organism may have their context in healing but eating them chronically can lead to toxicity, much like sea or ancient salts. Even Ayurvedic traditions limited shilajit to a timeframe of treatment.

I'll link to the Huggins podcast, he doesn't just mention micro plastics but peoples mineral levels weren't normalizing with sea salt. I'm not sure what the factor is that's contributing to the imbalance but he insists it's the electron state of the minerals.

36:00 onward Dr. Hal Huggins - Ancestral Diet - Sea Salt, PH Alkalinity | One Radio Network

RealNeat

This.

I have been trying to follow the breadcrumb trail of what suddenly caused me to have reactive hypoglycemia & stumbling across apparent histamine issues after a very short lived milk diet absolutely feels like a big "ah ha" moment even if *it's supposedly not related to my blood sugar drops.

(Beyond low blood sugar causing an increase in histamines)

I mean every.single.time that my glucose plummets I've realized I have a strange numb/tingling sensation in my mouth/lips & I can't catch my breath. This happens right before the blood sugar drop, not after.

Again I know low blood sugar can cause an increase in histamines but I'd feel kinda foolish to just full on accept that the clear symptoms of a histamine reaction aren't a little Canary singing it's head off🤣

I was looking at various mast cell activation syndrome blogs & such (as well as histamine intolerance ones) & I came across this comment that to a damn T describes what it feels like.

View attachment 42988
I can still talk when it happens but it takes real effort to actually remember what word I'm trying to say.

I know I can't just put a bandaid over the issue & need to find the root cause especially considering I've NEVER had allergies before this in any way. I just also think getting the reactions calmed down buys me time to do that.

Thanks for letting me talk out loud 🤣
I used to work with an ND, Adiel Tel Oren, interesting man has some YouTube videos, he insisted on food rotation and was convinced eating the same complex foods without rotation lead to allergies.

Another thing to consider is excitatory amino acids like free glutamate. They can have a potent negative effects and a similar response. I remember you saying you had high prog/e2 but have you checked recently after your androgens? Progesterone is very anti excitation and if you aromatized the T you may have disturbed the ratio.

InChristAlone

Redmond real salt has pretty high levels of lead, we get a lot of those trace micronutrients from seafood, seaweed and land foods. I think when those compounds are processed though a more complex organism they are safer than eating essentially dirt, which imo salt could be considered the dirt of the sea.

In context dirt, humic and fulvic acids like shilajit and soil based organism may have their context in healing but eating them chronically can lead to toxicity, much like sea or ancient salts. Even Ayurvedic traditions limited shilajit to a timeframe of treatment.

I'll link to the Huggins podcast, he doesn't just mention micro plastics but peoples mineral levels weren't normalizing with sea salt. I'm not sure what the factor is that's contributing to the imbalance but he insists it's the electron state of the minerals.

36:00 onward Dr. Hal Huggins - Ancestral Diet - Sea Salt, PH Alkalinity | One Radio Network
There's gotta be something going on. People have been eating sea salt for 5,000 yrs. To say that it has to be processed to be good for the body is very strange. Dr Lawrence Wilson has worked with thousands of people to balance their minerals and he says to use the Hawaiian salts. And he is against any use of clays or shilajit. So why the difference in results? Hal Huggins is great as a dentist but I'm not sure I would trust him for other things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals