2 New Important Aspirin Learnings

x-ray peat

FYI I had been dissolving 1 gericare aspiring in 1/3 glass water and decanting it like Ray recommends but started to drink the whole solution based on questions of solubility raised here. Tonight it dawned on me to taste the residue and see if there was any aspirin taste to it. Nothing at all, just cornstarch. So I would say that at least gericare aspirin dissolves fully in room temp water. No need to swallow raw cornstarch.

Ray Peat right again.

OP
ecstatichamster
FYI I had been dissolving 1 gericare aspiring in 1/3 glass water and decanting it like Ray recommends but started to drink the whole solution based on questions of solubility raised here. Tonight it dawned on me to taste the residue and see if there was any aspirin taste to it. Nothing at all, just cornstarch. So I would say that at least gericare aspirin dissolves fully in room temp water. No need to swallow raw cornstarch.

Ray Peat right again.

Thank you.

OP
ecstatichamster
I am a bit confused with these dosesAre you really taking 3 gs? while others are talking about 200-300mg? What does Peat say?

1g each dose. Two or three doses sometime.

For headaches. Not for health. For general health I would take 325mg per day.

Simba1992

1g each dose. Two or three doses sometime.

For headaches. Not for health. For general health I would take 325mg per day.
Thank you for your replyAs it is I was hoping I could get rid of ibuprofen, that I have been needing daily for pain, and take aspirin instead. I have been taking as I mentioned earlier 3x500mg daily and have not needed other pain meds. Now I am a bit worried that it may be too much(?)

OP
ecstatichamster
Thank you for your replyAs it is I was hoping I could get rid of ibuprofen, that I have been needing daily for pain, and take aspirin instead. I have been taking as I mentioned earlier 3x500mg daily and have not needed other pain meds. Now I am a bit worried that it may be too much(?)

People take 6 or 7 grams a day for quite some time. I too got off ibuprofen.

OP
ecstatichamster
topical K2 MK4 gets rid of bleeding/bruising for me. And a little niacinamide prevents stomach upset.

schultz

sladerunner69

I used to have stomach upset and rectal bleeding.

Now that's gone.

New improved aspirin protocol:

1. i put 3 plain aspirin tablets in a glass that is already wetted (with 1/4 teaspoon of water)

2. add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

3. add 100mg or so of niacinamide THIS IS NEW FOR ME

4. add very hot water

5. stir then add cold water

6. dissolve 1 to 2 tablespoons of collagen and drink

No upset stomach.

Now the next part. I put 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil on a spoon, add about 5mg or 10mg of K2 MK4, stir and dissolve. Add a few drops of vitamin E oil and stir, and rub on my stomach.

This has been totally effective at preventing a trace of bleeding or any issues whatever in terms of blood or bruising. I think the topical K2 is very effective but the oral K2 wasn't being absorbed well for some reason.

How can you tell if the aspirin was causing "blood or bruising"? Is it dark bruising on your stomach? Or blood in your stools? I'm never clear what people mean by this on the forum.

Stramonium

Aspirin really cause me some bruising, nothing some K2 along with it could not fix

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals