Does Taking Aspirin With Taurine Or Magnesium Diminish GI Discomfort?

Today I noticed after taking 2 g of aspirin, 1 g in the morning and one in the early afternoon, that my stomach did not hurt at all the second time. It hurts a little bit with Aspen still. The thing that I recall different is that I took some magnesium glycinate and some taurine.

I always take the aspirin with baking soda (using hot water) and add about 2 tablspoons of collagen and dissolve together. That helps a lot. But usually There is some sort of gastric discomfort. But there was not today.

To your knowledge do either magnesium or taurine help diminish gastrointestinal distress from aspirin?

FredSonoma

I'm not sure. What positive effects do you get from the aspirin that keep you taking it?

I can definitely imagine taurine helping by increasing bile acids, and magnesium just helping it go down / increasing energy.

OP
ecstatichamster
yeah I take collagen with my aspirin because it is very high in glycine.

I'm taking aspirin for headaches

X3CyO

Aspirin reacts in redbull if you havent tried. dissolves up to a gram per can if you mix it well.

lvysaur

Am I the only one who has never experienced stomach discomfort while taking aspirin?

I usually take 80 - 240 mg, and never daily. However, I have taken as much as 1500 mg before, and never got any stomach pain.

Aaron

Am I the only one who has never experienced stomach discomfort while taking aspirin?

I usually take 80 - 240 mg, and never daily. However, I have taken as much as 1500 mg before, and never got any stomach pain.

Same. I take it with my cafe con leche and nothing else and have never had an issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals