Why Everything We Know About Salt May Be Wrong

Cirion

What is the answer then? Any rough guidelines? I know I'm necroing an old thread, but I'm wondering if this could be one reason I have bloat. I have LOTS of salt (probably 10 grams+ some days). What is the optimal Potassium:Sodium ratio?

I thought too little sodium causes stress, but it sounds like too much also does?

SOMO

When I get lightheaded or consume too much THC, plain sea salt + water helps level me out.

I've been hospitalized several times for dehydration (low-sodium) but have never been hospitalized for low potassium.

BeHealthy

If Dr. Peat recommended 10-15 grams of salt (or more), there must be an explanation for the undesirable results seen in the study. Any expert advice on this? I just started added 10g of salt, but am now treading lightly.

Amazoniac

- Facts and ideas from anywhere

"Salt permeates food and makes bacterial life impossible."​

upload_2020-6-17_20-1-40.png

- Halophilic and halotolerant microorganisms-an overview and historical perspective

- Exploring the diversity of extremely halophilic archaea in food-grade salts
- Isolation and Characterization of Lactic Acid Bacteria Strains With Ornithine Producing Capacity From Natural Sea Salt
- Sea salts as a potential source of food spoilage fungi

Recoen

Dr Gilbert Ling showed Na substitutes for K in a low ATP (CO2) state.

Amazoniac

All sea salts examined in this small study contained living fungi, WTF :eek:
I have been using sea salt (at premium cost) because I thought that it was better for my health :jawdrop::eek:
- Diversity of Extremely Halophilic Archaeal and Bacterial Communities from Commercial Salts
- Halophilic Archaea Cultivated from Surface Sterilized Middle-Late Eocene Rock Salt Are Polyploid
- Biodiversity and phylogenetic analysis of culturable bacteria indigenous to Khewra salt mine of Pakistan and their industrial importance (Khewra Salt Mine)

- Queen - We Will Rock You

The solution is to avoid salts altogether and reduce food consumption because eating less decreases the load exposure and minimizes the chances of an infection.

Last edited:

Recoen

What is the proposed mechanism?Do we have experimental Data,or theorisation only?
Experimental data. It has to do with the structure of the cytoplasm. His book, “In Search of the Physical Basis of Life” explains it really well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals