Aspirin = Hepatotoxin?

_lppaiva

Aspirin - LiverTox - NCBI Bookshelf

"The association of hepatotoxicity with use of high doses of aspirin, short latency and linkage to high serum levels of salicylates suggest that aspirin is a direct, intrinsic hepatotoxin"

My personal experience; After finding about ray peat I had started taking aspirin (250mg a week) for some times. It is a pure form, with only starch and salicylic acid. Due to some liver pain, which I don't blame the aspirin for (For those who have seen my other posts, I had some liver pain a while back, but I don't associate that to aspirin since I wasn't taking much at the time. My bet at the time was excess fructose due to high fruit consumption), I started taking aspirin at extremely low doses – 125mg a day at night, with 1g of bicarbonate and 3g of glycine.

After a week or two, people started talking about my skin looking yellow and I became nauseous quite easily, yet no other symptoms inducive to liver issues like abdominal pain or swelling. The yellowness would also concentrate on my nasolabial folds, hands and feet, inducive of hypothyroidism.

Anyway, I did some blood work – Liver Enzymes, proteins, glucose, and TSH – so I stopped taking it a day beforehand, and my symptoms have subsided a little. The exame will probably still come alterated due to it being recent, but I will keep updating this post with my results and experience with quitting aspirin. I find it odd, as it has shown to protect the liver in several occasions on the forum, which was one of the reasons I increased my dosage. I don't have any other habit that would be conducive with liver damage.

Another theory might be iron overload, and the blood exame helped lower iron levels in the blood. I really hope it isn't hepatitis, as that will mean I can't donate blood.

bk_

Aspirin - LiverTox - NCBI Bookshelf

"The association of hepatotoxicity with use of high doses of aspirin, short latency and linkage to high serum levels of salicylates suggest that aspirin is a direct, intrinsic hepatotoxin"

My personal experience; After finding about ray peat I had started taking aspirin (250mg a week) for some times. It is a pure form, with only starch and salicylic acid. Due to some liver pain, which I don't blame the aspirin for (For those who have seen my other posts, I had some liver pain a while back, but I don't associate that to aspirin since I wasn't taking much at the time. My bet at the time was excess fructose due to high fruit consumption), I started taking aspirin at extremely low doses – 125mg a day at night, with 1g of bicarbonate and 3g of glycine.

After a week or two, people started talking about my skin looking yellow and I became nauseous quite easily, yet no other symptoms inducive to liver issues like abdominal pain or swelling. The yellowness would also concentrate on my nasolabial folds, hands and feet, inducive of hypothyroidism.

Anyway, I did some blood work – Liver Enzymes, proteins, glucose, and TSH – so I stopped taking it a day beforehand, and my symptoms have subsided a little. The exame will probably still come alterated due to it being recent, but I will keep updating this post with my results and experience with quitting aspirin. I find it odd, as it has shown to protect the liver in several occasions on the forum, which was one of the reasons I increased my dosage. I don't have any other habit that would be conducive with liver damage.

Another theory might be iron overload, and the blood exame helped lower iron levels in the blood. I really hope it isn't hepatitis, as that will mean I can't donate blood.

Where did you get this aspirin from? I wonder if it was also due to poor quality.

OP
_lppaiva

_lppaiva

Where did you get this aspirin from? I wonder if it was also due to poor quality.
I am preparing a more proper post, if it is truly Gilbert's Syndrome the rabbit hole is deeper

Sexypizza

Maybe you're like me and you have a genetic G6PD deficiency? might be worth checking.

if that is the case aspirin could destroy your blood cells and cause your skin to turn yellow. its really important to take vitamin K with aspirin to stop it from thinning your blood.

Ive taken aspirin for months without it turning my skin yellow. But I also had high liver enzymes while using it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals