Question About Aspirin

TreasureVibe

''
“What action does aspirin take in the body that makes it potentially dangerous?”

Aspirin is a salicylate, and salicylates inhibit the krebs cycle, something Ray Peat never mentions.

Kinetic Model of Mitochondrial Krebs Cycle: Unraveling the Mechanism of Salicylate Hepatotoxic Effects

“Salicylates act directly on the respiratory center, causing hyperpnea and tachypnea, which leads to a respiratory alkalosis. Metabolic acidosis results from several mechanisms, including the ability of salicylate to block alpha ketoglutaric dehydrogenase and succinic acid dehydrogenase. This blockage interrupts the tricarboxylic acid (Kreb’s) cycle and mitochondrial oxidation. “
''

From: Beware aspirin! Leaky intestines, fatty liver, and chronic pain. - PainDatabase

Is this true?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Does Aspirin inhibit the Krebs cycle? And does it cause respiratory alkalosis and metabolic acidosis?

Arrade

Sorry you haven’t got an answer.
I haven’t looked into aspirin

L

lollipop

@TreasureVibe I think this has been addressed in multiple Aspirin Threads. Do a search on Aspirin and go through them. I am positive your questions will be answered.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

@TreasureVibe I think this has been addressed in multiple Aspirin Threads. Do a search on Aspirin and go through them. I am positive your questions will be answered.
Hmm, I tried looking for aspirin + metabolic acidosis, respiratory alkalosis and krebs cycle but couldn't find anyone giving an explanation on it!

I haven't seen any evidence for aspirin inhibiting the Krebs cycle. The one study you posted is in silico which to me isn't very impressive.

Aspirin does affect mitochondria, inhibiting lipolysis, apparently, and so it may indeed be "inhibiting the Krebs cycle" but I doubt it.

L

lollipop

Hmm, I tried looking for aspirin + metabolic acidosis, respiratory alkalosis and krebs cycle but couldn't find anyone giving an explanation on it!
I might have seen this discussion on FB group then. My apologies. Hard to keep it all sorted. I think if you go to Ray’s site you might find some answers.

Pretty sure it modifies the kreb cycle if taken in large enough amounts, look up mitochondrial uncoupling.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals