High dose aspirin for costochondritis?

E

eat my peat

been suffering with costochondritis for around 9 months now.

got it from being a clown in the gym, trying to do dips on gymnastic rings with a heavy weight. I've tried the backpod and didn't have any luck with it.

the pain is not bad but I can tell its causing stress internally from the inflammation of the ribs.

been taking one 325mg aspirin tablet every evening with some k2.

a couple weeks ago I had a lot of pain in my neck and just took 325mg of aspirin 4x a day and it healed it in like 3 days.

do you think that taking 650mg/975mg of aspirin in a single serving for a couple days will drastically lower inflammation to allow the restricted rib movement from costochondritis to cure it forever?

happy to give it a go. wanted to share to hear thoughts as I've heard costochondritis is a mechanical problem due to back ribs closing up and putting too much pressure on the front ribs, causing the pain in the chest.

also, anything to look out for when taking high dose aspirin and any length of time to not go over? cheers guys

Sumbody

got it from being a clown in the gym, trying to do dips on gymnastic rings with a heavy weight. I've tried the backpod and didn't have any luck with it.

the pain is not bad but I can tell its causing stress internally from the inflammation of the ribs.

a couple weeks ago I had a lot of pain in my neck and just took 325mg of aspirin 4x a day and it healed it in like 3 days.

do you think that taking 650mg/975mg of aspirin in a single serving for a couple days will drastically lower inflammation to allow the restricted rib movement from costochondritis to cure it forever?

happy to give it a

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the soft tissue and cartilage that surrounds and connects the rib cage.

I have lots of experience with this and other soft tissue related injuries. Some, as in your case can last for months to years. (Had tennis elbow for about 6 months, thought I would never heal.)

This type of inflammation is so persistent it almost acts and feels like an infection. Typically follows some type of injury or strain that gets worse and worse.

Every single time I have had these issues I use Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM. For myself these issues typically clear up in a matter of days to about a week thereafter. Every single time.

For the Glucosamine and Chondroitin I really don't know what to recommend. I end up with a different supplement each time I use it.

But for MSM, Doctor's Best with OptiMSM.

This has always worked for me and I used to look it up, but never found any info on it until recently.

Seems that there is some info out there now that it is a very effective treatment for costochondritis. And that reflects my experience using those supplements to heal soft tissue injuries and inflammation.

Velve921

325mg of aspirin takes care of my Costo symptoms on my chest within a couple minutes.

OP
E

eat my peat

325mg of aspirin takes care of my Costo symptoms on my chest within a couple minutes.
I would use topical progesterone. Have had great results with many musculoskeletal issues.
Both of these HELP the costo but I suppose im looking to cure it.

My understanding is you need to activate the back ribs as the front ribs are doing most of the work (something along those lines) from Steve August

OP
E

eat my peat

How is your thyroid?
very interesting you ask - been taking some ndt for a couple months. improvements? yes

but have some cynomel/cynoplus on the way as dont think theres that much active thyroid in the ndt im using.

do you think when thyroid is fully up and running it'll vanish? will be very keen to see

very interesting you ask - been taking some ndt for a couple months. improvements? yes

but have some cynomel/cynoplus on the way as dont think theres that much active thyroid in the ndt im using.

do you think when thyroid is fully up and running it'll vanish? will be very keen to see

i do think so.

Lee Simeon

tried it for like 2 weeks. didn't feel any difference whatsoever.

have you seen results with backpod ?
Have had costo for almost 2 years now and I have been backpoding daily for a year now. The backpod takes a long time to work and I reccomend doing it 10-12 minutes daily for a long time. I have only missed one or two days in the span of a year and my flareups are less frequent and severe than they were. I still have costo, but I am optimistic. I also highly reccomend taking a break from dips and some other chest excersises and keeping most of your focus on back work.

OP
E

eat my peat

damn. I just dont have the willpower to stop chaining chest, lol.

I definitely dont have it as bad as I did but will wait to see how it fares when I start cynomel/cynoplus

inthedark

happy to give it a go. wanted to share to hear thoughts as I've heard costochondritis is a mechanical problem due to back ribs closing up and putting too much pressure on the front ribs, causing the pain in the chest.

also, anything to look out for when taking high dose aspirin and any length of time to not go over? cheers guys
I had long time back pain stemming from soft tissue injuries that I think had been re-aggravated by work and developed into mild disc herniation due to weak muscles causing postural issues. I dealt with this at times intense pain -along with sciatica- for the last ten months or so until I started taking about 3 grams of aspirin per day for a different problem. After several days I noticed that my back pain had evaporated. Completely gone along with any tightness in the area and any sciatic pain. It’s been a couple weeks and I’ve ramped the dosage down by about half.

OP
E

eat my peat

I had long time back pain stemming from soft tissue injuries that I think had been re-aggravated by work and developed into mild disc herniation due to weak muscles causing postural issues. I dealt with this at times intense pain -along with sciatica- for the last ten months or so until I started taking about 3 grams of aspirin per day for a different problem. After several days I noticed that my back pain had evaporated. Completely gone along with any tightness in the area and any sciatic pain. It’s been a couple weeks and I’ve ramped the dosage down by about half.
Super interesting. Thanks for sharing - were you taking dispersible aspirin dissolved in water or just straight aspirin tablets?

Curious to know as 3 grams seems like a lot of tablets.

Also did you take the 3 grams in one sitting or spaced out throughout the day?

koky

I've had back and knee pain - ndt certainly helps, but if I stop aspirin pain is much worse

been using 1-2 mg daily - stuff with only corn starch added

inthedark

Super interesting. Thanks for sharing - were you taking dispersible aspirin dissolved in water or just straight aspirin tablets?

Curious to know as 3 grams seems like a lot of tablets.

Also did you take the 3 grams in one sitting or spaced out throughout the day?
325 mg Aspirin tablets. I think this was the standard Bayer Aspirin, which is usually all I can get here. So three grams is 9-10 tablets a day. I was breaking this up over the course of a day, I think usually three tabs three times a day or four in the morning and four at night or some such. I’ve never had any problems with aspirin but I’m not sure how long I’d feel okay sustaining this dose. I do take about 10-20 mg K2 once a week as well when doing this.

I think I’m going to try doing this for two or three days once every few weeks and see how long between big doses the relief lasts. Higher doses of aspirin take proportionately longer to clear from the body -at least according to Wikipedia- and the effect on certain inflammatory regulators can last a number of days. I’d really like to tweak this regime so I can sustain it semi long term and perhaps help my body to heal from these old injuries.

OP
E

eat my peat

325 mg Aspirin tablets. I think this was the standard Bayer Aspirin, which is usually all I can get here. So three grams is 9-10 tablets a day. I was breaking this up over the course of a day, I think usually three tabs three times a day or four in the morning and four at night or some such. I’ve never had any problems with aspirin but I’m not sure how long I’d feel okay sustaining this dose. I do take about 10-20 mg K2 once a week as well when doing this.

I think I’m going to try doing this for two or three days once every few weeks and see how long between big doses the relief lasts. Higher doses of aspirin take proportionately longer to clear from the body -at least according to Wikipedia- and the effect on certain inflammatory regulators can last a number of days. I’d really like to tweak this regime so I can sustain it semi long term and perhaps help my body to heal from these old injuries.
Interesting …

I took 1.5grams at once last night with 5mg of k2 after reading what you said and felt … good. I almost felt like my body was becoming energized while I was lying in bed. A rather strange feeling, but a good one.

Good to know it stays in the system for a while. Will probably take another 1g tonight. Will see. High dose aspirin for the win. Won’t take it long term but just to get rid of this costocondritis nightmare . Cheers

alephx

This is super interesting, thanks for sharing guys. Do you feel it might be unsafe without the vitamin K?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals