Does Aspirin mixed with baking soda have the same effect as regular Aspirin?

trance

Taking Aspirin with baking soda eliminates the stomach pain for me, but my understanding is that this stomach pain from aspirin is the result of prostagladin blockage, some of which protect the stomach lining. So if I'm not getting pain from the baking soda aspirin, does that mean the prostaglandin blockage is being interfered with by the baking soda?

GTW

Or, the reduction of protective mucous in the stomach remains but the antacid effect of bicarbonate compensates.

ww3not4me

Yes. You know that buffering aspirin only helps a little bit since the real thing that is both the reason it works and the reason it kills is how it affects other chemicals, enzymes, peptides in the body.

Short term very safe as far as drugs go if dosed as needed and on the low side. Long term is were it can get scary and dangerous for some even at modest doses. Buffering it is just a band aid.

We all have different levels of risk to reward ratio's we will accept. Drugs affect us all very very differently when talking long term especialy.

Aspirin is fantastic stuff even more amazing since it is over the counter that said it is not all unicorn riding a rainbow and some education about all the potential side effects that can occur should be known before embarking on a long term aspirin journey.

I once used Aspirin at the maximum safe recommendation from PDR Physicians Desk Reference ever doctor and medical professional or anyone training to be one has one. I was trying to treat sever prostatitis that was not responding to long term high dose antibiotics with an old method that was pre-antibiotic and rather obscure called "Aspirin Therapy for the Treatment of Prostatitis". It had you taking the max daily dose of Aspirin daily for 2 weeks. It was scary how ill it made me fell and it drove my blood sugars down super low and that was long before I was diabetic. I think it worked out to be around 4000mg a day.

I never looked at Aspirin the same way again. I now think of it like a gentle giant that is doing far more than I think it is inside of me. So not as caviler with it as I once was. My Dad has taken prob. 12x 325mg tablets every day for 20 years with no problem for his arthritis pain no issues at all. I have never known anyone to have issues with aspirin either but you can read about an insane number of deaths each year attributed to this amazing over the counter drug. It is what I use as well!

So not trying to scare anyone off like I said it is what I use too but I do think people that think of it as being this harmless thing no worse than water are flirting with powerful thing that can turn on you at high doses or in the long term at any moment and one should at the very least be aware of that. Now I am going to go take an aspirin right now!

On the baking soda front are you taking it for kidney health. My Dad had declining kidney health it kind of came out of the blue. He is diabetic. I put him on 1/2 teaspoon of backing soda and 1/4 teaspoon borax mixed in hot water before bed each night. It completely stopped his kidney disease and reversed it one degree. Also he had issue with constipation due to all the medications he takes. He is now regular and each morning has a normal BM and all other BM's through out the day are regular as well.

Last edited:

TheCodez

I once used Aspirin at the maximum safe recommendation from PDR Physicians Desk Reference ever doctor and medical professional or anyone training to be one has one. I was trying to treat sever prostatitis that was not responding to long term high dose antibiotics with an old method that was pre-antibiotic and rather obscure called "Aspirin Therapy for the Treatment of Prostatitis". It had you taking the max daily dose of Aspirin daily for 2 weeks. It was scary how ill it made me fell and it drove my blood sugars down super low and that was long before I was diabetic. I think it worked out to be around 4000mg a day.
Did that resolve your prostatitis? If not, did it resolve by some other means?

So I have the healthnatura aspirin powder. I just scoop into my mouth and wash it down with water. Am I doing any damage by doing this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals