Aspirin - Brand/enteric Reaction?

lvysaur

This is the aspirin I've been taking for the last two years. Bayer enteric coated 81 mg baby aspirin.

Recently, I got the CVS store brand aspirin, which was 325 mg, without coating. I broke it in half to equal two baby aspirins (160 mg).

Upon taking it, I felt nothing. Next day I took the other half, nothing. I took a whole 325 mg tablet, and still nothing. All the normal positive effects I feel from aspirin (high sustained energy, crunchiness in the joints, better posture, etc) are totally absent.

I'm not sure if this is due to the lack of enteric coating, or to the CVS brand being lower quality, or some inactive ingredient.

smith

Is there a way to DIY "enteric"-coat your cellulose capsules so that you get whatever you want in your gut before it's completely destroyed by stomach acid?

Last edited:

yerrag

This is the aspirin I've been taking for the last two years. Bayer enteric coated 81 mg baby aspirin.

Recently, I got the CVS store brand aspirin, which was 325 mg, without coating. I broke it in half to equal two baby aspirins (160 mg).

Upon taking it, I felt nothing. Next day I took the other half, nothing. I took a whole 325 mg tablet, and still nothing. All the normal positive effects I feel from aspirin (high sustained energy, crunchiness in the joints, better posture, etc) are totally absent.

I'm not sure if this is due to the lack of enteric coating, or to the CVS brand being lower quality, or some inactive ingredient.
The aspirin that works for you-
ngredients
Active Ingredients: Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)* (Pain reliever) *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug Inactive ingredients: carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, ferric oxide, hypromellose, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, powdered cellulose, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, triacetin, triethyl citrate.

No wonder your joints are creaking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals