Your Pain Reliever May Also Be Diminishing Your Joy

OP
S
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313594 said:
In normal and A(1)R wild type mice, antinociception by systemic (i.p.) acetaminophen 300mg/kg was reduced by intrathecal (i.t.) delivery of the selective 5-HT(7)R antagonist SB269970 3μg.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15214507 said:
We previously showed that acetaminophen administration to rats increases forebrain serotonin levels as a result of the inhibition of liver tryptophan-2,3-dioxygenase (TDO). In this study we determined whether aspirin alone and in combination with acetaminophen could further influence brain serotonin as well as norepinephrine levels and if so whether the status of the liver TDO activity would be altered. The results show that acetaminophen alone increases brain serotonin as well as norepinephrine levels with a concomitant inhibition of liver TDO activity. In contrast, aspirin did not alter the levels of these monoamines but increased serotonin turnover in the brain while acetaminophen decreased the turnover. When combined with acetaminophen, aspirin overrides the reduced serotonin turnover induced by acetaminophen. This report demonstrates the potential of these agents to alter neurotransmitter levels in the brain.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yep, paracetamol is very serotonergic and some people have experimented with higher doses (1,000mg daily) as a "safer" way to come off SSRI. Apparently it works pretty well. You can find various forums discussing it with some simple Google searches.

OP
S
If they are trying to blunt their emotions they might as well apply for volunteer paramedic or something... that's also good for the community.

Luann

The funny thing is, I feel quite good after taking a paracetamol. Maybe it is similar to SSRI's "relieving" depression. Or maybe I need a break from being over-empathetic haha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals