Fluoride In Tap Water Is One Likely Cause Of Hypothyroidism

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So brush with Irish coffee? I'm in!:thumbsup:

The acidity of actual coffee may be dangerous to the enamel as opposed to using pure caffeine. Other than that, coffee is a pretty good antiseptic.

DaveFoster

Yeah, I've been downing tap water since I crashed my E2. It definitely helps slow things down.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm going to give that a try. Is that caffeine solution in water or alcohol?

Come to think of it, a solution of methylene blue and caffeine may work even better. This assumes that you don't mind having blue gums/tongue for a few days:):

bobbybobbob

I brush and floss about every other day without any toothpaste or anything. It definitely helps keep things clean and fresh. Just wet the brush and rub things over.

As needed I use listerine 50% diluted. It's too strong out of the bottle. If I can feel like my mouth is too dirty I go with a 50% diluted listerine rinse.

Listerine is a just a more toxic version of alcohol mouth wash.

Are you really sure that's true? I thought the other compounds had proven antibacterial properties. I also swear by tiger balm for skin problems.

Last edited:

whit

Caffeine dissolves better in water (I think) but dissolving it in ethanol would basically increase the antiseptic cffect. You'd be creating a Peatarian "Listerine" of sorts.

Would caffine dissolve in glycerine?

kiran

I guess it is possible, but that would mean all the people who drink on a regular basis would be prone to mouth cancer as there would be a much longer contact of ethanol with oral mucosa in drinkers. They do have higher rate of GI cancers but I have not seen anything on mouth cancer. Do you have any references on ethanol and mouth cancer?

[The] study used information from the multicentre alcohol-related cancers and genetic susceptibility in Europe (ARCAGE) case-control study, which was conducted across 13 centres in nine European countries.

Reported use of mouthwash of more than three times per day was associated with tripled risk of upper aerodigestive cancers (OR 3.23, 95% CI 1.68 to 6.19). Importantly, the researchers say that although this effect was strong, only 1.8% of cases and 0.8% of controls reported such frequent use.

Is frequent mouthwash use linked to oral cancer? - Health News - NHS Choices

Fractality

I swish with coconut oil in the mornings, floss at night, and brush twice a day with fluoride-free salt/baking soda toothpaste.

jaa

Come to think of it, a solution of methylene blue and caffeine may work even better. This assumes that you don't mind having blue gums/tongue for a few days:)

Ha people may not even need worry. I find 1 drop of MB swished around the mouth doesn't stain much compared to the skin and doesn't stain long (90% gone within an hour).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I brush and floss about every other day without any toothpaste or anything. It definitely helps keep things clean and fresh. Just wet the brush and rub things over.

As needed I use listerine 50% diluted. It's too strong out of the bottle. If I can feel like my mouth is too dirty I go with a 50% diluted listerine rinse.

Are you really sure that's true? I thought the other compounds had proven antibacterial properties. I also swear by tiger balm for skin problems.

See the study posted by @kiran.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
[The] study used information from the multicentre alcohol-related cancers and genetic susceptibility in Europe (ARCAGE) case-control study, which was conducted across 13 centres in nine European countries.

Reported use of mouthwash of more than three times per day was associated with tripled risk of upper aerodigestive cancers (OR 3.23, 95% CI 1.68 to 6.19). Importantly, the researchers say that although this effect was strong, only 1.8% of cases and 0.8% of controls reported such frequent use.

Is frequent mouthwash use linked to oral cancer? - Health News - NHS Choices

OK, but that would apply to mouthwash products in general, not ethanol specifically right? Products like Listerine contains many other bad ingredients that are linked to cancer. I am not excluding ethanol, just saying Listerine is a lot more than ethanol. The inactive ingredients include poloxamer and caramel, both of which have been linked to cancer before.
ORIGINAL LISTERINE® Antiseptic Mouthwash

Poloxamer 407
Poloxamer 407 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whit

The acidity of actual coffee may be dangerous to the enamel as opposed to using pure caffeine. Other than that, coffee is a pretty good antiseptic.

Yea I was kidding. Its hard to tell online.
Ph is crucial for enamel maintenance.
I've done a little research on this and found a company
that makes ozone gel for oral health but its not cheap.
Considered making it myself.
Here's the link:
Ozonated Healthy Gum*Gel - Living Libations

Last edited:

whit

Peat has mentioned that the French have successfully used ozone to remove estrogens and other impurities from there water supply in Paris for some time now. That may include Floride.
We've used reverse osmosis in the past.

Are there other methods to remove floride to reduce exposure?

postman

Ray Peat himself has spoken about this on one of the radio shows, I can't remember which. He personally had lowered thyroid function from drinking fluoridated tap water for a while.

@whit distillation

Luann

Vonnegut in Player Piano had this line about, how Proteus wasn't quitting his job because he thought it was evil, it was just like it was "getting everyone nowhere", that's kind of like fluoride, yes, fluoride is a very electronegative element and binds to stuff easily which makes it a powerful force in the body and shouldn't be overdone. But at heart fluoride isn't needed in the current dose for human health, it's shady as all get out that feds insist on dosing us with it. So it's kind of like, is it bad? Maybe. Is it good / necessar? Def not, maybe that tells us more.

Ami

It's easy enough to filter out fluoride at home. The problem is that any food or beverage you buy was made with fluoridated water since it's mandated in every major US city and most parts of the world.
I find it very hard to believe this neurotoxin is added because they care so much about our dental health.

jyb

It's easy enough to filter out fluoride at home. The problem is that any food or beverage you buy was made with fluoridated water since it's mandated in every major US city and most parts of the world.
I find it very hard to believe this neurotoxin is added because they care so much about our dental health.

Easy to filter at home...?

tara

I cant find the ingredients list on that site. If it doest have SLS Im in!
From that page:
"The ingredients in Power Toothpaste don't deviate much from what you'd normally see in a toothpaste (besides the caffeine, of course): Glycerin, sorbitol, silica, water, caffeine, xylitol, calcium carbonate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, flavor, titanium dioxide, xanthan gum, menthol, citric acid, sodium citrate, and sodium laurel sulfate.'

InChristAlone

Reverse Osmosis is your best bet with fluoride. Even that can't get it all. I wondered if my husband drinkingg coffee everyday at work with tap water would cause his hypothyroidism... I bet it has not helped at all.