Fluoride In Tap Water Is One Likely Cause Of Hypothyroidism

jyb

Search for fluoride removal filters. Works best when combined with reverse osmosis.

That's the problem, there is a debate about whether even reverse osmosis can really remove fluoride. So there are more elaborate methods for this, but I wouldn't call them "easy".

Ami

That's the problem, there is a debate about whether even reverse osmosis can really remove fluoride. So there are more elaborate methods for this, but I wouldn't call them "easy".
Well nothing short of distillation will remove 100% but an activated alumina cartridge combined with R.O. with bring the fluoride level down to a trace amount. A calcium carbonate cartridge "re-mineralizer" may be helpful. Calcium fluoride is significantly less soluble and therefore less toxic than the Fluorosilisic acid they usually add.

lvysaur

wasn't quitting his job because he thought it was evil, it was just like it was "getting everyone nowhere", that's kind of like fluoride, yes,

There's no need to be politically correct on this forum, we all know that fluoride is poisonous.

aguilaroja

Well nothing short of distillation will remove 100% but an activated alumina cartridge combined with R.O. with bring the fluoride level down to a trace amount. A calcium carbonate cartridge "re-mineralizer" may be helpful. Calcium fluoride is significantly less soluble and therefore less toxic than the Fluorosilisic acid they usually add.

All good suggestions. In addition, bone char (Brimac) filters will remove a lot of fluoride (and other contaminants), and can be used in combination with other methods. It says much about health effects that bone takes up fluoride so well it is one of the best filter materials.

Luann

There's no need to be politically correct on this forum, we all know that fluoride is poisonous.
Heard

I also pieced this together, trying to rely on personal experience and not so much on studies or other internet derived stuff. Fluoride does make my headaches worse but it doesn't do that alone, but in combination with histamine foods; this is consistent with studies on fluoride and mast cells, also fluoride and estrogen interact, fluoride raises estrogen. Big time. That in turn causes histamine release.

So now the game is not only avoiding PUFA / iron but also fluoride in food, which pretty much means nixing not only canned food and broth but, in-organic fruit and vegetables. Actually those were some of my biggest triggers. Looking back it's obvious why, the histamine in oranges and tomatoes combined with the fluoride pumped all over them

Amazoniac

Although the gentlest way to cook foods is by boiling, it seems that when your water is not that reliable it might be better to just steam, and avoid the direct contact with water. I know that it sounds simple but looking back, I think that I notice some difference, I'm not sure though if it was related to the fluoride when I wasn't using a proper filter..

Spokey

My health took a hit when I moved to a fluoridated water area and ironically my teeth got worse. Got a RO filter installed, which seems to be helping but I haven't tested.

Jsaute21

Just made a homeade concoction similar to @haidut's recomendation.

1/4 Cup Vodka, 1/4 Cup Perrier, 1 TBSP Baking Soda, 1 drop MB, 1 caffeine pill powder sprinkled in. Teeth feel pretty damn clean.

Queequeg

Ive been getting into Dr Hal Huggins DDS who has probably been the most persecuted dentist by the ADA for coming out against mercury, root canals and fluoride. He recommends 70% salt and 30% baking soda for toothpaste and gargling with super strong salt solutions to treat all sorts of gum issues. His interviews are really enlightening.

Ideonaut

The study is being criticized by the mainstream press, but the authors stand behind their findings and claim the result have been replicated many times (in animals studies).

http://www.newsweek.com/water-fluoridat ... ?piano_d=1
http://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2015/ ... 1.abstract

"...A large study that looked at data from nearly every general medical practice in England suggests that water fluoridation may increase the risk of developing hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid. This condition, in which the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones, is associated with symptoms such as fatigue, obesity and depression. The study found that locations with fluoridated water supplies were more than 30 percent more likely to have high levels of hypothyroidism, compared to areas with low levels of the chemical in the water. Overall, there were 9 percent more cases of underactive thyroid in fluoridated places."
The study is being criticized by the mainstream press, but the authors stand behind their findings and claim the result have been replicated many times (in animals studies).

http://www.newsweek.com/water-fluoridat ... ?piano_d=1
http://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2015/ ... 1.abstract

"...A large study that looked at data from nearly every general medical practice in England suggests that water fluoridation may increase the risk of developing hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid. This condition, in which the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones, is associated with symptoms such as fatigue, obesity and depression. The study found that locations with fluoridated water supplies were more than 30 percent more likely to have high levels of hypothyroidism, compared to areas with low levels of the chemical in the water. Overall, there were 9 percent more cases of underactive thyroid in fluoridated places."
There's a lot of info on the net about using borax to detox/chelate fluoride in the body. Borax, boron, deficiency, natural home remedy One method I recall is a pinch of borax (I used Boraxo) in a quart of water and take a teaspoon or 2 for 45 days. (I started it but didn't carry through.) Any opinions or experience with that, anyone? With all the posts about toothpaste and mouthwash recipes, maybe a pinch of borax would be good in them.

x-ray peat

There's a lot of info on the net about using borax to detox/chelate fluoride in the body. Borax, boron, deficiency, natural home remedy One method I recall is a pinch of borax (I used Boraxo) in a quart of water and take a teaspoon or 2 for 45 days. (I started it but didn't carry through.) Any opinions or experience with that, anyone? With all the posts about toothpaste and mouthwash recipes, maybe a pinch of borax would be good in them.
I bought some Pharma grade borax and have been using 1/4 teaspoon in my drinking water every day for fluoride detox and general boron supplementation. I use a counter-top distiller to remove most of the fluoride from my drinking water. The aluminum filters tend to plug up quickly and can get to be expensive. Even with distilled water you still get plenty of fluoride from food and skin absorption so boron is a good preventative.

Remember that chlorine and bromine as well as fluoride all displace iodine and can be bad for the thyroid. I would suggest getting a vitamin C shower filter for chlorine removal and avoiding brominated foods like bread.

BigChad

"purified bottled water" sold in stores is free of chlorine, fluoride, via reverse osmosis as well as being treated with ozone. are there issues with ozone treated water? the main issue with bottled water seems to be the PET leaking into the water. other than that, it seems much cleaner than tap water

Frankdee20

"purified bottled water" sold in stores is free of chlorine, fluoride, via reverse osmosis as well as being treated with ozone. are there issues with ozone treated water? the main issue with bottled water seems to be the PET leaking into the water. other than that, it seems much cleaner than tap water

Is that always the case though, I google flouridated bottled waters, and I get a list of many commercially available ones. If they use municipal water as a source, then to what extent do they mean purification ?

BigChad

Is that always the case though, I google flouridated bottled waters, and I get a list of many commercially available ones. If they use municipal water as a source, then to what extent do they mean purification ?

Yes it would vary. But the company niagara bottling, is the one doing the water for costco, walmart, safeway, and a bunch of stores in the us. they say their "purified water" doesnt have added fluoride and undergoes reverse osmosis and treatment with ozone. ozone can be used as a purified instead of chlorine. it looks like its a safer way to purify water? I can't remember where they originally source their water from. they claim if their water has added fluoride, that it would be mentioned on the label.

whit

Ozone is only active in water for a few seconds and what is left behind is neutralized. Its considered similar to hydrogen peroxide in nature but more active in the initial phase.

BigChad

Ozone is only active in water for a few seconds and what is left behind is neutralized. Its considered similar to hydrogen peroxide in nature but more active in the initial phase.

so both ozone and hydrogen peroxide are as effective as chlorine in purifying, but lack chlorines risks and toxic effects?
can ozone treatment be done at home or is reverse osmosis all you can do at home

Momado965

Haidut why dont you release a peaty toothpaste I’d be the fiest to buy it!!!

BigChad

the toothpaste I had said "0.24% sodium fluoride", based on that, even if you did brush your teeth with that toothpaste on a daily basis, I'd imagine the amount of fluoride absorbed or ingested would be massively below 1mg or even 0.5mg? Tap water can contain 0.7mg to 1.4mg fluoride per liter

whit

so both ozone and hydrogen peroxide are as effective as chlorine in purifying, but lack chlorines risks and toxic effects?
can ozone treatment be done at home or is reverse osmosis all you can do at home

There are ozone systems available for at home use. The best just inject into the water as it passes through a venturi. They vary widely so it’s best to research. Ozone is more active than peroxide and more effective than clorine at removing pathogen risk.
all ozone systems have to be regularly maintained.
The system has to be free of leaks, breathing ozone isn’t good.
I think I remember Peat mentioning Paris using ozone for their municipal water treatment in an interview. I’ll see if I can find it.

Sativa

Caffeine dissolves better in water (I think) but dissolving it in ethanol would basically increase the antiseptic cffect. You'd be creating a Peatarian "Listerine" of sorts.
Just made a homeade concoction similar to haidut's recommendation.
1/4 Cup Vodka, 1/4 Cup Perrier, 1 TBSP Baking Soda, 1 drop MB, 1 caffeine pill powder sprinkled in. Teeth feel pretty damn clean.

Add wintergreen essential oil to that (it's ~95% Methyl Salicylate) making it even more 'Peatarian'!