Why Health And Dopamine Are Essential In The Pursuit Of Happiness

Hey Peatarians! Today I'm posting my most radical article yet. The topic is happiness its relation to dopamine. This article connects many dots:

- Why you should derive happiness from the small things in life - such as friendships or sunlight - instead of needing a big car or new house.
- How improving your dopamine levels helps you become BOTH happier and more successful.
- How not to be stressed out by work, and how dopamine can let you see your occupation as "play".
- Reprogramming your brain to experience more happiness on a daily basis.
- Why you need to prioritize health to be truly happy.
- Why health is the best investment you can make in your life, from financial, time-management, productivity, and happiness points of view.
- The essential role of friendships.
- How to manage your possessions, income, (possible) debt, savings, and expenses, if you want to maximize happiness.

You can find the article here: How To Be Happy: Why Health Is Essential In The Pursuit Of Happiness

I sincerely hope that this article might give some of you a new perspective. I'm not saying I'm 100% correct in my views - but this is the view I've extracted from connecting many dots in the scientific literature on happiness and dopamine.

Have I mastered all the points above myself? Not even close. But I will in time...

I already agree with everything even if I don't have time to read the article at the moment (but I will later).
It's all about that T3 and positive neurosteroids in the brain. Changes your entire worldview and personality for the better.
I think that is the difference between 'optimists' and 'pesimists' as classically described, it all mostly comes down to neurochemistry (and this can thankfully be changed).

But being healthy is definitely the #1 priority because it makes life so much better, I'm still kinda hypothyroid and for example that is a huge obstacle to living a great life.

Best way to describe it is by the title of a Killswitch Engage album - 'Alive Or Just Breathing'.

OP
KalosKaiAgathos
Have yet to integrate the thyroid into the mix! Thanks for your suggestion! Will probably update the article next year, and see if I can make it even better :)

Baltazar

Everything is essential
Even serotonin

Anything in excess destroy ur health
Even dopamine and dht and testoosttest

OP
KalosKaiAgathos
Everything is essential
Even serotonin

Anything in excess destroy ur health
Even dopamine and dht and testoosttest

I know! I've included that in my article. Pushing dopamine excessively high is damaging (e.g., through amphetamines or cocaine).

Serotonin: I agree with you that serotonin is needed - although this does seem to go against the Peatarian paradigm - although I think most people have too high serotonin levels (especially on SSRI, and other drugs).

ddjd

I think high dopamine is incredibly underrated in terms of a weight loss approach

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals