What's Required For Proper Calcium Regulation? Excitotoxicity

BearWithMe

I think I've figured it out. Seems like I need Vitamin K1, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D, for calcium to work right. I need all three, just one of the Ks don't work and I've tried both separately. I've also lowered iron intake so that might be another requirement for it to work for me. But anyways, now I can take calcium and it just calms me down instead of making me nervous. I also seem to tolerate coffee and caffeine much better now. Vitamin D used to give me insomnia and anxiety, now it calms me down the same way calcium does.
This is awesome. Thanks for the follow-up!

I need to try K1, have you used supplement or did you get it from foods?

OP
postman

postman

This is awesome. Thanks for the follow-up!

I need to try K1, have you used supplement or did you get it from foods?
Supplement, I used bulk supplements k1 powder. Absorbability is probably pretty bad as it's in powder form rather than with a fat, you might need to take more than what's on the label. But it's so cheap so it's fine. For K2 I've been taking another powder, Vitabay K2. Apparently it's mk7. For calcium I've been consuming dairy, and taking some random eggshell powder that was for animals lol, couldn't find one for humans in Europe.

maillol

I think I've figured it out. Seems like I need Vitamin K1, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D, for calcium to work right. I need all three, just one of the Ks don't work and I've tried both separately. I've also lowered iron intake so that might be another requirement for it to work for me. But anyways, now I can take calcium and it just calms me down instead of making me nervous. I also seem to tolerate coffee and caffeine much better now. Vitamin D used to give me insomnia and anxiety, now it calms me down the same way calcium does.
Interesting.

Amazoniac

Were you taking mk-4 and switched to mk-7? Because this alone could explain it. For people who are susceptible to killcification, mk-4 is possibly used up too fast while recycling is poor, the long-chain forms avoid the gaps and a combination reduces the effective dose.
- Anti-Peat - Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity
- Vitamin K1 Vs. K2 And How Much To Take With Aspirin?

It's useful to specify form, dose, route, timing, meal composition, because all these affect the impact of the substance. For example, many people here use mk-4 topically basing on experiments that used it orally.

OP
postman

postman

Were you taking mk-4 and switched to mk-7? Because this alone could explain it. For people who are susceptible to killcification, mk-4 is possibly used up too fast while recycling is poor, the long-chain forms avoid the gaps and a combination reduces the effective dose.

It's useful to specify form, dose, route, timing, meal composition, because all these affect the impact of the substance. For example, many people here use mk-4 topically basing on experiments that used it orally.
Interesting, that might have been a factor for me. But it's not that alone, I need the K1 also, and D, otherwise it stops working again. To be honest I have no idea about dosing, initially I took the dose that's on the packaging, then I started increasing the dose and now I just take about as much as I have a inkling or craving for. Which seems to be quite a lot.

I took thorne research K2 previously, although not for like 6 months. That one has really gotten worse over the years anyways, it smelled, tasted, and looked like fish oil. Maybe it was just the tocophorols in it that had gone rancid?

maillol

Have you tried dropping the k2 all together? Maybe you only need the K1

OP
postman

postman

Those links are very interesting. VA is still very inflammatory for me. I have to read up on those K and E interactions, I recently tried a tocovit with bad results, this might have been why.

mouse

How did you get the idea to try K1? What doses of each are working for you?

Hgreen56

how do you take these supps?
just all in once with you first meal in the morning enough to feel the benefits for the rest of the day?
Or do you must take it with every meal to feel the benefits?

somuch4food

I seem to be able to eat more calcium if I make sure to have some magnesium along with it in the same meal.

OP
postman

postman

how do you take these supps?
just all in once with you first meal in the morning enough to feel the benefits for the rest of the day?
Or do you must take it with every meal to feel the benefits?
I just take them kind of whenever I feel like it, at least once a day. But I don't really take a lot of vitamin k anymore, at least not with regularity. It was useful at the time though. Ultimately I think reducing iron was the most helpful thing for normalizing my calcium metaboliism. Both through diet (basically eating next to no heme iron and not a lot of high iron plant foods either), ip-6, and some blood donation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals