What's Required For Proper Calcium Regulation? Excitotoxicity

postman

Topic. My body seems to have trouble regulating both calcium and sodium ions, they seem to enter cells as they please without much regulation. Calcium causes worsened excitotoxic problems, nervousness, worsened visual snow and other visual problems, insomia etc.

I've tried vitamin K, aspirin, pregnenolone. Nothing seems to do much except t3 but it only works sometimes and only to a limited degree. I've experimented a bit with very short time keto dieting and if there is one thing it can do quickly it's to fix excitotoxicity, maybe because ketones are gabaergic. So while in ketosis excitotoxicty is no problem but there is a ton of stress hormones, and on a ray styled diet stress hormones are very low but there is a ton of excitotoxicity

Of course having a low calcium intake helps but that seems like just circumventing the issue.

Richiebogie

That is interesting you get vision problems from excess calcium.

Calcification of tissues is associated with cancer and heart attacks.

I wonder if it is related to balding and dementia.

How much calcium and magnesium do you eat/take each day?

Phytates from wholegrains and oxalates from green leafy vegetables and chocolate may lower the effective dose, but they may lower absorption of both Ca & Mg equally, so it may not matter. Do you eat much of these?

Amazoniac

Topic. My body seems to have trouble regulating both calcium and sodium ions, they seem to enter cells as they please without much regulation. Calcium causes worsened excitotoxic problems, nervousness, worsened visual snow and other visual problems, insomia etc.

I've tried vitamin K, aspirin, pregnenolone. Nothing seems to do much except t3 but it only works sometimes and only to a limited degree. I've experimented a bit with very short time keto dieting and if there is one thing it can do quickly it's to fix excitotoxicity, maybe because ketones are gabaergic. So while in ketosis excitotoxicty is no problem but there is a ton of stress hormones, and on a ray styled diet stress hormones are very low but there is a ton of excitotoxicity

Of course having a low calcium intake helps but that seems like just circumventing the issue.
You're supplementing killcium, aren't you? Have you tried different forms? Together with taurine or collagen? Ubiquinode? You can find articles on their regulatory properties in respective threads.

Vitamin E complex and mk-4 topically at the same time to prevent antagonism? Otherwise an imbalance will impact the toxins, that (in turn) regulate it.

Venom D away from it may work in spite of being counterintuitive. However the stimulus for deposition can be greater than adsorption from the intestines, so you'll run low on it. I suspect that killcium forms that are closer to the composition of bone are less problematic because they is deposited more easily (example: killcium sourced from milk being safer than eggshells when both are venomed). Venom D acts fast, if there's plenty of killcium in relation to phosphorus, it cannot be cleared; the body has various sources of phosphate that are not bone to resort, but perhaps not in enough time.
- Health Risks of Hypovitaminosis D: A Review of New Molecular Insights "killcium"

But you should consider the obvious nutrients as well because it can be an energy problem.

lampofred

I read Dr. Peat say excess calcium uptake is related to too much lipid peroxidation. And from personal observations I think low cortisol relative to prolactin might also be involved. Aspirin and niacinamide to lower FFA and salt/coffee/sunlight to lower prolactin might help. Methylene blue might also help. Temporarily drinking whole milk or mixing a lot of coconut oil into low-fat milk might help because the fat content will slow calcium absorption, making it easier for your body to handle, until PUFA is depleted and baseline prolactin/cortisol ratio (which essentially represents thyroid function) and lipid peroxidation get lower.

EDIT: and antihistamines might also help by lowering excess adrenaline so that you breathe less and retain more CO2.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

I read Dr. Peat say excess calcium uptake is related to too much lipid peroxidation. And from personal observations I think low cortisol relative to prolactin might also be involved. Aspirin and niacinamide to lower FFA and salt/coffee/sunlight to lower prolactin might help. Methylene blue might also help. Temporarily drinking whole milk or mixing a lot of coconut oil into low-fat milk might help because the fat content will slow calcium absorption, making it easier for your body to handle, until PUFA is depleted and baseline prolactin/cortisol ratio (which essentially represents thyroid function) and lipid peroxidation get lower.
What about your signature gas?

OP
postman

postman

That is interesting you get vision problems from excess calcium.

Calcification of tissues is associated with cancer and heart attacks.

I wonder if it is related to balding and dementia.

How much calcium and magnesium do you eat/take each day?

Phytates from wholegrains and oxalates from green leafy vegetables and chocolate may lower the effective dose, but they may lower absorption of both Ca & Mg equally, so it may not matter. Do you eat much of these?
Been drinking about 1-4 quarts of milk for about a week. Gives me plenty of energy but also excitotoxicity. It does actually make me lose my hair but I think that is a retinol thing because other VA foods do the same thing, and calcium supplments don't.

You're supplementing killcium, aren't you? Have you tried different forms? Together with taurine or collagen? Ubiquinode? You can find articles on their regulatory properties in respective threads.

Vitamin E complex and mk-4 topically at the same time to prevent antagonism? Otherwise an imbalance will impact the toxins, that (in turn) regulate it.

Venom D away from it may work in spite of being counterintuitive. However the stimulus for deposition can be greater than adsorption from the intestines, so you'll run low on it. I suspect that killcium forms that are closer to the composition of bone are less problematic because they is deposited more easily (example: killcium sourced from milk being safer than eggshells when both are venomed). Venom D acts fast, if there's plenty of killcium in relation to phosphorus, it cannot be cleared; the body has various sources of phosphate that are not bone to resort, but perhaps not in enough time.
- Health Risks of Hypovitaminosis D: A Review of New Molecular Insights "killcium"

But you should consider the obvious nutrients as well because it can be an energy problem.
I've tried dairy and calcium supplements. Calcium carbonate and a couple of otherones, and egghell calcium. Taurine and collagen helps but not much. Vitamin D actually kinda causes the same symptoms. Actually now that I think about it I think that the milk is causing more severe problems than just the pure calcium supplement, and it has vitamin D added to it.

yerrag

I used to be very sensitive to MSG. I'll start with a cough, I'll start to hiccup, then I'll have a sore throat that ends up with a fever the next day. I fixed my supply of oxygen by removal of mercury thru chelation and it improved but was enough. I stopped PUFA for many years, and got body sugar regulation to be good. With a good supply of oxygen and sugar, I got back my ability to metabolize sugar well. It made me much less sensitive to insults such as MSG and pollens. I had issues with allergic rhinitis regularly, but I don't have it anymore.

With a good sugar supply and with an optimal sugar metabolism, and with a good backup source in glycogen stores, I'm less prone to getting exhausted of sugar when excitotoxins cause the nerves to keep using sugar to exhaustion. A good metabolism also constantly produces carbon dioxide inside cells, which carries sodium and calcium ions outside the cells, where they should be. Having good magnesium stores is also needed to enable oxidative phosphorylation.

A good sugar metabolism also gives us a good base in acid-base balance environment. It ensures there's plentiful supply of carbon dioxide and its two other forms in carbonic acid and bicarbonate. One vital function for carbonic acid is its role in producing gastric juice, without which speedy gut transit isn't possible, and which compromises nutrient absorption.

Having good acid-base balance also requires good supply electrolytes from good nutrition such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. The use of these electrolytes to regulate acid-base balance is essential as they act as they displace hydrogen as cations, and allow for acid to be excreted safely, as urine cannot be excreted when very acidic. When there is low supply of these electrolytes, or when there is too much lactic acid (resulting in low CO2 supply in the blood) or when the acid-base balance is disturbed by the intake of some antibiotics, such as Ciprofloxacin, such that the ecf and blood becomes very acidic, the hydrogen ions in blood go into the cells, while potassium gets outside into the blood. This is the body's way of restoring acid-base balance as potassium can be excreted by urine to relieve acidity, whereas hydrogen cannot.

There's some imbalance going on in your situation, and you'll have to find out where it is. It could be a combination of factors. It may not be fixed by simply taking substances. It requires knowing the root or roots of your predicament, and having a process plan on how to slowly rid yourself of your condition.

Amazoniac

I've tried dairy and calcium supplements. Calcium carbonate and a couple of otherones, and egghell calcium. Taurine and collagen helps but not much. Vitamin D actually kinda causes the same symptoms. Actually now that I think about it I think that the milk is causing more severe problems than just the pure calcium supplement, and it has vitamin D added to it.
Have you tried going high on all electrolytes at once as salts of organic acids? Food potassium, magnesium and killcium acetate/citrate/malate, but also sodium chloride? One tends to protect against an excess of the other and the ligands can be metabolized to LR2 and bicarbonate as needed.

You have to isolate its killcium for it not to be confounded.

If you haven't experimented with ubiquinone, it's worth a try.
In case you supplement mk-4 topically, finding a sweet spot with the minimum effective doses for it and vitamin E as well.
? Are you referring to when I once said dopamine is the metabolic gas?
The one mentioned above.

OP
postman

postman

Have you tried going high on all electrolytes at once as salts of organic acids? Food potassium, magnesium and killcium acetate/citrate/malate, but also sodium chloride? One tends to protect against an excess of the other and the ligands can be metabolized to LR2 and bicarbonate as needed.

You have to isolate its killcium for it not to be confounded.

If you haven't experimented with ubiquinone, it's worth a try.
In case you supplement mk-4 topically, finding a sweet spot for it and vitamin E as well.

The one mentioned above.
I've tried taking all of the electrolytes, and also just calcium by itself but in supplement form. Doesn't make much of a difference in the way I react, except I react less badly to sodium when I also have a lot of calcium. Magnesium kinda helps for a bit against the excitotoxicity but only for a very short time like 10 minutes maybe, and taking more of it doesn't make it work better instead it just kinda has a weaker effect each time.

I've tried Q10, it gives me heart ache and extreme fatigue. I have some vitamin E but I can't dissolve it anything and it by itself gives me very bad stomach pain. How do I dissolve it? I've read that it's soluble in bicarbonate but I found that to not be the case, do I have to heat it as well?

theLaw

@postman

Might consider adding sugar in the form of a simple syrup with 100G in a glass (sugar and min water) along with a meal.

You can even add some b-vitamins to this if you think it's necessary.

Sounds a bit extreme, but if it's an energy problem, then you should see a difference immediately.

OP
postman

postman

@postman

Might consider adding sugar in the form of a simple syrup with 100G in a glass (sugar and min water) along with a meal.

You can even add some b-vitamins to this if you think it's necessary.

Sounds a bit extreme, but if it's an energy problem, then you should see a difference immediately.
Sugar actually makes the excitotoxic problem worse, or, at least it makes the visual snow worse. I've experimented with sugar intake, at one point I was eating roughly 400g of demarara cane sugar per day. This is when I initially experimenting with NDT thyroid many years ago, and when basically all my health problems were solved for a couple of weeks or months. But I haven't been able to replicate that. And I suspect I still had some excitotoxicity going on because I still had visual snow, the only time it has ever disappeared is during keto. It seems paradoxical to me high/low stress and high/low nerve excitability.

Sugar makes me very bloated, at least white sugar does. The browner sugars don't but I don't want to consume a bunch of iron at this point and yeah even the brown sugar seems to be bad for my nerves. Maltodextrin doesn't have this negative effect on me or at least not as severly.

theLaw

Sugar actually makes the excitotoxic problem worse, or, at least it makes the visual snow worse. I've experimented with sugar intake, at one point I was eating roughly 400g of demarara cane sugar per day. This is when I initially experimenting with NDT thyroid many years ago, and when basically all my health problems were solved for a couple of weeks or months. But I haven't been able to replicate that. And I suspect I still had some excitotoxicity going on because I still had visual snow, the only time it has ever disappeared is during keto. It seems paradoxical to me high/low stress and high/low nerve excitability.

Sugar makes me very bloated, at least white sugar does. The browner sugars don't but I don't want to consume a bunch of iron at this point and yeah even the brown sugar seems to be bad for my nerves. Maltodextrin doesn't have this negative effect on me or at least not as severly.

Personally, I found that most of my symptoms were related to a lack of nutrition to meet my energetic requirements. I tried tons of sups and had a range of different reactions (mostly negative).

It gets very tricky as nearly all symptoms can appear as being caused something else, while it's just an energy issue. That's were the temp + pulse is a good measure, as some symptoms are difficult to gauge.

Here's some more info: Abdominal Fat Is A Phase Folliwing The End Of Calorie Restriction

Richiebogie

4 quarts of milk is about 4 times the Daily Recommended Amount of Calcium, so maybe you need 4 times the Daily Recommended Amount of Magnesium with that...

Or cut back to max 1 quart milk.

Less if you are also drinking OJ.

Last edited:
OP
postman

postman

4 quarts of milk is about 4 times the Daily Recommended Amount of Calcium, so maybe you need 4 times the Daily Recommended Amount of Magnesium with that...

Or cut back to max 1 quart milk.

Less if you are also drinking OJ.
What are you eating to achieve a desirable ratio of calcium to phosphate if not a lot of milk? Anything else other than dark leafy greens and a couple of fruits quickly destroy the ratio with a ton of phosphate.

Amazoniac

I've tried taking all of the electrolytes, and also just calcium by itself but in supplement form. Doesn't make much of a difference in the way I react, except I react less badly to sodium when I also have a lot of calcium. Magnesium kinda helps for a bit against the excitotoxicity but only for a very short time like 10 minutes maybe, and taking more of it doesn't make it work better instead it just kinda has a weaker effect each time.

I've tried Q10, it gives me heart ache and extreme fatigue. I have some vitamin E but I can't dissolve it anything and it by itself gives me very bad stomach pain. How do I dissolve it? I've read that it's soluble in bicarbonate but I found that to not be the case, do I have to heat it as well?
If you're getting adverse reactions from various nutrients (killcium, edemium, venom D, poison A, ubiquinone, vitamin E, refined sugar, and so on), there could be factors such as infections, deranged immunity, hormonal disturbances at play. I believe that venom D supplement requires a certain degree of order to work, and taking with t3 could help in this.

Excess nitric oxide can be involved.

- Nitric oxide inhibition strategies

"Nitric oxide also activates potassium, big potassium (BK) and calcium channels, most of which can be blocked pharmacologically by specific agents. It might be predicted that signaling molecules and enzyme cofactors in nitric oxide synthesis may serve as promising targets. For instance, nitric oxide activity is regulated by tetrahydrobiopterin and calmodulin. The synthesis of nitric oxide is calcium-dependent, therefore calcium mobilizing agonists could provide therapeutic targets in the future."​

What's your experience with lysine (in spite of competitive inhibition not being the answer) and antidote C?

Do you sun expose? I tried to search for your posts containing related terms and there's none.

Did you try olive oil to dissolve? Is it synthetic?

Last edited:

maillol

I have had a similar problem recently where I get pain in my right side which i am assuming is kidney stones when i have too much calcium. I realise the symptoms are different but we are both clearly not absorbing calcium correctly. The pain goes away if i avoid calcium but like you said that doesn't seem like the best solution.

At the moment I thinking this may be the result of a magnesium deficiency Effect of magnesium on phosphorus and calcium metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI.

How is your sleep? because mine is terrible.

This study suggests it could take up to 3 months to fix a mag deficiency Scottsdale Magnesium Study: Absorption, Cellular Uptake, and Clinical Effectiveness of a Timed-Release Magnesium Supplement in a Standard Adult Cli... - PubMed - NCBI.

I've started supplementing magnesium. If my sleep improves I'll take that as a good sign and may start reintroducing milk.

Richiebogie

What are you eating to achieve a desirable ratio of calcium to phosphate if not a lot of milk? Anything else other than dark leafy greens and a couple of fruits quickly destroy the ratio with a ton of phosphate.

I don't each much meat. Maybe 200g of lamb or beef each day for the zinc.

Are you eating animal products other than the 4 quarts of milk?

If you feel better on less milk then go for it. There are nutrients other than calcium that can combat phosphate.

Recall that fructose can lower absorption of phosphate and increase elimination.

"While fructose lowers intracellular phosphate, it also lowers the amount that the intestine absorbs from food (Kirchner, et al.,2008), and the Milne-Nielsen study suggests that it increases phosphate loss through the kidneys."

Niacin also helps reduce phosphate:

"A diet that provides enough calcium to limit activity of the parathyroid glands, and that is low in phosphate and polyunsaturated fats, with sugar rather than starch as the main carbohydrate, possibly supplemented by niacinamide and aspirin, should help to avoid some of the degenerative processes associated with high phosphate: fatigue, heart failure, movement discoordination, hypogonadism, infertility, vascular calcification, emphysema, cancer, osteoporosis, and atrophy of skin, skeletal muscle, intestine, thymus, and spleen (Ohnishi and Razzaque, 2010; Shiraki-Iida, et al., 2000; Kuro-o, et al., 1997; Osuka and Razzaque, 2012). The foods naturally highest in phosphate, relative to calcium, are cereals, legumes, meats, and fish. Many prepared foods contain added phosphate. Foods with a higher, safer ratio of calcium to phosphate are leaves, such as kale, turnip greens, and beet greens, and many fruits, milk, and cheese. Coffee, besides being a good source of magnesium, is probably helpful for lowering phosphate, by its antagonism to adenosine (Coulson, et al., 1991)."

Last edited:
OP
postman

postman

If you're getting adverse reactions from various nutrients (killcium, edemium, venom D, poison A, ubiquinone, vitamin E, refined sugar, and so on), there could be factors such as infections, deranged immunity, hormonal disturbances at play. I believe that venom D supplement requires a certain degree of order to work, and taking with t3 could help in this.

Excess nitric oxide can be involved.

- Nitric oxide inhibition strategies

"Nitric oxide also activates potassium, big potassium (BK) and calcium channels, most of which can be blocked pharmacologically by specific agents. It might be predicted that signaling molecules and enzyme cofactors in nitric oxide synthesis may serve as promising targets. For instance, nitric oxide activity is regulated by tetrahydrobiopterin and calmodulin. The synthesis of nitric oxide is calcium-dependent, therefore calcium mobilizing agonists could provide therapeutic targets in the future."​

What's your experience with lysine (in spite of competitive inhibition not being the answer) and antidote C?

Do you sun expose? I tried to search for your posts containing related terms and there's none.

Did you try olive oil to dissolve? Is it synthetic?
That nitric oxide thing sounds interesting and might be what's going on. The milk by itself has negative effects on me, the sugar has negative effects on me, but in the perfect conditions it makes me tolerate thyroid and coffee and when thyroid and coffee works they seem to negate most of or all of the negative effects basically. But it seems like even small amounts of heme iron messes up my thyroid utilization, i had a single bite of red meat today and my feet became cold. Not a lot of sun here but I do have a UV vit D lamp that I use occasionally. Never tried lysine although I've tried collagen and taurine, positive experiences with both but nothing life changing.

OP
postman

postman

I think I've figured it out. Seems like I need Vitamin K1, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D, for calcium to work right. I need all three, just one of the Ks don't work and I've tried both separately. I've also lowered iron intake so that might be another requirement for it to work for me. But anyways, now I can take calcium and it just calms me down instead of making me nervous. I also seem to tolerate coffee and caffeine much better now. Vitamin D used to give me insomnia and anxiety, now it calms me down the same way calcium does.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals