What is the common cold?

Peater

I've been fighting a nasty cold for the past week. It's strange as I feel pretty bad, but am not bed-bound. I even walked to the shops yesterday. What I mean is the actual symptoms like runny nose, fatigue, etc are all strong, and very unpleasant, but not immobilising.

Think of it as a rhetorical question almost, I don't mind if people's thoughts don't match the given dogma. Everyone knows the accepted theory of course. These days, I'm quite lukewarm on "virus" theory, especially as exosomes meet the criteria.

I'm just trying to use my redlight as much as possible, stay hydrated etc. What is strange is that I had been taking zinc for a few days BEFORE it started.

revenant

I'm inclined to believe the endotoxin theory. Often "common colds" resolve quickly with things that reduce endotoxin -- oregano oil and activated charcoal, for example.

ThinPicking

What a great and timeless question Mr Peater. Wishing you swiftly well here.

The simple answer is I don't know. But I have a suspicion. I'll leave you with these and come back later for a waffle.

Beatrix_

What is strange is that I had been taking zinc for a few days BEFORE it started.

183837.jpg

OP
P

Peater

What a great and timeless question Mr Peater. Wishing you swiftly well here.

The simple answer is I don't know. But I have a suspicion. I'll leave you with these and come back later for a waffle.

That's exactly what I am after! :D

I'm sure you have an innate sense already. But this probably involves careful moderation around your solids more than excess.

You're right, I'm being sensible with it but (TMI warning) the amount of snot coming out of me is quite something, so I want to keep it flowing to get rid of it. Hot tea and sweet coffee, not just water.

View attachment 60040

What was the pic Beatrix? It didn't load. I was also taking a little Pansterone, Gonadin and Androsterone so I don't think high cortisol suddenly lowering was the cause, I'd actually had a fantastic night out with some old friends, a day or two before it started, but it's interesting none the less. .

I'm inclined to believe the endotoxin theory. Often "common colds" resolve quickly with things that reduce endotoxin -- oregano oil and activated charcoal, for example.

And with that, I remembered I have some Camphosal in the cupboard. Thank you!

OP
P

Peater

What are peoples thoughts on it being a "detox" reaction? I know the term is a raw broccoli smoothie cliche, but if it is indeed endotoxin related, we could class that as detox I'm sure.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Seasonal stressors in the northern hemisphere that contribute to colds and flus are
- Reduced day light (increases cortisol)
- The air is more dry than in the summer, allowing for particles (environmental toxins etc.) to float in the air longer - so we breath in more pollution
- The colder weather itself requires the body to raise temperature more often (while outdoors)

So a combo of things that taxes the body more than in the warmer months.

Vit D and Vit A (+ zinc) are likely the most important micronutrients needed to protect the mucous membranes and mount a successful immune response.

liam183

Seasonal stressors in the northern hemisphere that contribute to colds and flus are
- Reduced day light (increases cortisol)
- The air is more dry than in the summer, allowing for particles (environmental toxins etc.) to float in the air longer - so we breath in more pollution
- The colder weather itself requires the body to raise temperature more often (while outdoors)

So a combo of things that taxes the body more than in the warmer months.

Vit D and Vit A (+ zinc) are likely the most important micronutrients needed to protect the mucous membranes and mount a successful immune response.
This is the biggest thing. I'd also add that people are stuck in permasummer in modern life- lights on all day and night rather than experiencing shorter days, eating non-seasonal foods from across the world, and staying indoors where it's warm.

This is an interesting angle. Looking back to the days when I would get my yearly cold, it was always at Christmas time, and I would lose my voice for a couple of days. It was like clockwork. I now wonder if it was the additional party holiday foods, that pack the pounds on for most people, that was causing more of my issues, because I have not had a cold since “Peating”, 6+ years ago.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
From my observations the common cold/flu etc is nothing more then a detox reaction in the body. The liver decides it wants to dump a huge amount of toxins, and the "cold/flu" is the reaction to this dump of toxins. I have tested this theory by taking a massive amount of lactoferrin to trigger a huge bile dump. What ensued was exactly what happens when the flu or cold hits. Same sore throat, then settling in the lungs, body aches, everything the exact same. Let me repeat, every single symptom was the exact thing, even down to the forward progress of said "cold". Basically, the body dumps a massive amount of retinoic acid, which gives the sore throat, then settles in the lungs, sore lungs. If you pay close attention you will notice that the sore throat and lungs literally feel like a chemical burn, because it is, from the retinoic acid aka toxic "vitamin A".

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
because I have not had a cold since “Peating”, 6+ years ago.
This is actually not a good sign because now your body has decided it does not want to do its yearly detox and is instead being suppressed by all the toxins being taken in.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And when going on a low toxin low "vitamin A" diet you will actually have waves of detox that come about, not nearly as strong as a "cold/flu" but the exact same symptoms. Your body will start dumping toxins more because it is realizing it is able to clear them now that the toxic load has been removed. Its a beautiful process to witness and be a part of. Glorifying really. It comes through in waves, so you get a wave, detox, and when you come out the other side you are stronger physically and Spiritually since you are not more pure. Its truly amazing.

This is actually not a good sign because now your body has decided it does not want to do its yearly detox and is instead being suppressed by all the toxins being taken in.
I feel great on a daily basis, using cascara once a week, so maybe I don’t have anything to detox?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would be surprised if that was the case but maybe?
I don’t take any supplements, I drink fluoride free water, have shower and air filters, I don’t ever get bloating, don’t do any breathless exercise, I drink raw milk and avoid lactic acid, tryptophan, and serotonin foods, so I can’t imagine where I would get an overload of toxins to need a detox and cold.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
drink raw milk
While raw milk is definitely better then pasteurized it is still a vitamin A bomb. Your liver might be able to handle it though, everyone is different.

revenant

The gist of it:

If you feel cold symptoms and don't avoid vitamin A, it's because you are poisoned with vitamin A.

If you feel cold symptoms and avoid vitamin A, it's because you're are detoxing and purifying and getting closer to God.

If you don't feel cold symptoms, that's the worst, because you are now unable to detoxify and purify and get closer to God.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The gist of it:

If you feel cold symptoms and don't avoid vitamin A, it's because you are poisoned with vitamin A.

If you feel cold symptoms and avoid vitamin A, it's because you're are detoxing and purifying and getting closer to God.

If you don't feel cold symptoms, that's the worst, because you are now unable to detoxify and purify and get closer to God.
Amen!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals