Vitamin C, Msm And Silicon

Guyfranke

Had a couple of questions for Dr. Peat or anyone else ... Does dr peat recommend adding a high vitamin c protocol to his normal diet? if so how much for daily intake, 2g? 3g?

Does he recommend using the so called organic sulfur that is dimethylsulfurdioxide (msm) to supplement the diet as many out there say we have a weakened sulfur cycle in our present day. ?

Also, drinking orthosilicic acid water for silicon supplementation made from the pour-off of water and diatomaceous earth mixture ?

Thanks !

Tarmander

Welcome to the forums! Have you read his articles? He doesn't really give out protocols. I dont think he uses that much C

paymanz

He doesn't recommend vitamin c supplements,because of low quality of them.he even doesn't rec for high doses of antioxidants in general.

For silicon,he is not into silicon that much,but he is cautious about silicon dioxides added to processed foods and supplements.I asked him about nutritional silicon ,he is not against it.
I think orthosilisic acid is good but silicon of DE is not that soluble,it depends on particle size ,if it be too small and get absorbed to blood,the undissolved sio2 ,it can cause inflammation. And that can make problem.
A peat ferendlier silicon source can be gelatinous broth.
Search forum ,msm have been discussed before probably.and vitamin c also.

Brian

My two cents is that the alternative health world way over-hypes the biological importance of silica and other micronutrients to the human body. Most mineral and vitamin deficiencies are more a result of low cellular energy rather than a lack of intake. And lifestyle factors like regular strength training and sunbathing will likely do more for improving mineralization of the body than supplementation, with maybe the exception of magnesium.

paymanz

i agree with brian,with good metabolism the retention and utilization of micros(mineral) gets improved.in one old study for example they found out that progesterone improves silicon content of body.with a diet that not over purified and good food choice with good variation,probably no need for supplement all of these minerals.but also we should note that water quality usually is low and devoid of silicon.

OP
Guyfranke

Guyfranke

My two cents is that the alternative health world way over-hypes the biological importance of silica and other micronutrients to the human body. Most mineral and vitamin deficiencies are more a result of low cellular energy rather than a lack of intake. And lifestyle factors like regular strength training and sunbathing will likely do more for improving mineralization of the body than supplementation, with maybe the exception of magnesium.

Good point, but do you think there is an overall weakened soil lacking in the micro elements and microflora and that weakness being passed on to the plants grown on those soils and the livestock raised on same therefore weakening them also ?
Personally, i feel too that something more is happening akin to what you stated with cellular energetics , sunlight etc ...as in the biological transmutation thing that Kervran noticed .
Life finds a way , yes? or at least tries to whether the actual plant engineers the changes or the microflora in the soil are doing it. Micro-nuclear reactors a few inches below the surface that the profit motive based agri-system is slowly destroying actually... yes , maybe that is the real issue.

CHeers ! !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals