Thyroid glandular vs thyroid meds is like comparing orange juice to vitamin C???

FitnessMike

What do you guys think of thyroid glandular? shouldn't they be superior as they probably have more to it than just thyroid hormones?

any experiences?

wayney

I'm also curious about this.
Anyone tried this for example?

Dr. B

What do you guys think of thyroid glandular? shouldn't they be superior as they probably have more to it than just thyroid hormones?

any experiences?
I'm also curious about this.
Anyone tried this for example?
there is the forefront health product, may be better its 130mg per capsule, new zealand cows

Daimyo

Thyroid glandular products by US law should not contain thyroid hormones.
1 grain (60 mg) of NDT contains 38 mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3. 60 mg is 60000 mcg. So 59953 mcg of NDT is not T3 and T4.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

1 grain (60 mg) of NDT contains 38 mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3. 60 mg is 60000 mcg. So 59953 mcg of NDT is not T3 and T4.
oh shi333t, i have missed this, good to know thanks mate

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Hang on, so what the hell is it then?!
hes saying that hormones amount are mcg not mg, so hormonal content to total tissue content is very small, considering hes right

Dr. B

but there are many products containing unadulterated thyroid glandular. I think they just can't be standardized or guaranteed to have a specific amount of T4 and T3. but the dessicated thyroid products will have some T4 and T3 regardless, just a non standardized amount.
the prescription products are actually standardized and altered to contain the specific amounts t4 and t3. the natural glandular has calcitonin, T4, T3, T2, T1, parathyroid. probably other things that havent been discovered or labelled yet. in the armourthyroid and whatever I think parathyroid and calcitonin are filtered out. calcitonin is sold separately. ancestrals product claims to have everything in it.

Kray

but there are many products containing unadulterated thyroid glandular. I think they just can't be standardized or guaranteed to have a specific amount of T4 and T3. but the dessicated thyroid products will have some T4 and T3 regardless, just a non standardized amount.
the prescription products are actually standardized and altered to contain the specific amounts t4 and t3. the natural glandular has calcitonin, T4, T3, T2, T1, parathyroid. probably other things that havent been discovered or labelled yet. in the armourthyroid and whatever I think parathyroid and calcitonin are filtered out. calcitonin is sold separately. ancestrals product claims to have everything in it.
Dr B- have you tried any thyroid glandular since this thread, like the brand in the picture? If you read reviews of that product, people swear by its benefits. I think it's counterintuitive to say there is no value in the natural glandulars, if we look at it as food, like liver. I am interested in starting at a place like this to see how my body may benefit by taking it as an extra 'food'. When I read that taking NDT lowers one's own endogenous production, it concerns me, although I'm not sure what effect, if any, a glandular has on endogenous production. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Dr. B

Dr B- have you tried any thyroid glandular since this thread, like the brand in the picture? If you read reviews of that product, people swear by its benefits. I think it's counterintuitive to say there is no value in the natural glandulars, if we look at it as food, like liver. I am interested in starting at a place like this to see how my body may benefit by taking it as an extra 'food'. When I read that taking NDT lowers one's own endogenous production, it concerns me, although I'm not sure what effect, if any, a glandular has on endogenous production. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Ive tried forefront and ancestral. I dosed ancestral too low, one capsule, so any perceived benefits could be due to the liver more so than thyroid.
I had issues with forefront’s thyroid that i think could have been the silica, but I actually don’t remember what other supplements etc i was using alongside forefront’s thyroid. At the time I blamed that thyroid and stopped using it, but i have a bottle left and should likely reimplement it. I don’t remember how carefully i tester forefront’s thyroid.
I never said natural glandulars don’t have value, they definitely have value, even Ray has talked about numerous benefits of eating fish thyroid or beef thyroid glandular although it was referencing the fresh meat not freeze dried.
And any glandular if it’s unaltered, can and will contain hormones... like testicles contain testosterone, thyroid contains some hormone, pancreas, brain has pregnenolone, etc... they just can’t be standardized for the hormones. I think once you standardize thyroid glandular for t3 and t4 it becomes a pharmaceutical product that is restricted and regulated in sales. But unaltered it will still contain some hormones and be much safer than a standardized t3 t4 extract. Most thyroid glandulars remove calcitonin and parathyroid from the product and sell them Off to the pharma industry... and t1 and t2 are often disregarded entirely and thought to have no effect.

Kray

Ive tried forefront and ancestral. I dosed ancestral too low, one capsule, so any perceived benefits could be due to the liver more so than thyroid.
I had issues with forefront’s thyroid that i think could have been the silica, but I actually don’t remember what other supplements etc i was using alongside forefront’s thyroid. At the time I blamed that thyroid and stopped using it, but i have a bottle left and should likely reimplement it. I don’t remember how carefully i tester forefront’s thyroid.
I never said natural glandulars don’t have value, they definitely have value, even Ray has talked about numerous benefits of eating fish thyroid or beef thyroid glandular although it was referencing the fresh meat not freeze dried.
And any glandular if it’s unaltered, can and will contain hormones... like testicles contain testosterone, thyroid contains some hormone, pancreas, brain has pregnenolone, etc... they just can’t be standardized for the hormones. I think once you standardize thyroid glandular for t3 and t4 it becomes a pharmaceutical product that is restricted and regulated in sales. But unaltered it will still contain some hormones and be much safer than a standardized t3 t4 extract. Most thyroid glandulars remove calcitonin and parathyroid from the product and sell them Off to the pharma industry... and t1 and t2 are often disregarded entirely and thought to have no effect.
@ Dr. B- More valuable information, as per your comments in "Sjogren's syndrome". Thank you for taking the time to rehash it here, as it does help me understand the more subtle aspects of each. And the more I read from your research into these products, I will try the Ancestral product. I will treat it as a food. I will be reintroducing liverwurst in the near future, which contains grassfed heart, liver, and kidney. Ancestral freeze-dries their product, as you know, apparently in a process that does not involve any heat. All food, I agree it seems a better, more natural way to nourish the body and utilize what it needs.

On that note, do you happen to know if ingesting the natural gland would cause one's thyroid to stop producing its own hormones? I haven't found anything in my limited reading that addresses that question.

Many thanks-

Dr. B

@ Dr. B- More valuable information, as per your comments in "Sjogren's syndrome". Thank you for taking the time to rehash it here, as it does help me understand the more subtle aspects of each. And the more I read from your research into these products, I will try the Ancestral product. I will treat it as a food. I will be reintroducing liverwurst in the near future, which contains grassfed heart, liver, and kidney. Ancestral freeze-dries their product, as you know, apparently in a process that does not involve any heat. All food, I agree it seems a better, more natural way to nourish the body and utilize what it needs.

On that note, do you happen to know if ingesting the natural gland would cause one's thyroid to stop producing its own hormones? I haven't found anything in my limited reading that addresses that question.

Many thanks-
It should’nt but i think Ray mentioned the thyroid can temporarily shrink if you are ingesting thyroid and expand when you stop eating it, i dont remember if he was referring to the glandular or the standalone extracted hormones.

It’s possible the t1, t2, play some role in it

Kray

It should’nt but i think Ray mentioned the thyroid can temporarily shrink if you are ingesting thyroid and expand when you stop eating it, i dont remember if he was referring to the glandular or the standalone extracted hormones.

It’s possible the t1, t2, play some role in it
Yes, it would be interesting to know if it only applies with the extracted hormones, especially since a glandular is really an unaltered food. Thanks again-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals