This broke my brain

Summer

So the first video is a map of earth made by the channel owner and the second video is a scientist claiming the moon is made of plasma? The map is interesting for sure but I’m not seeing the connection.

FredSonoma

Not sure if there is any relation but I always found it pretty wild that the moon rotates at the EXACT same speed it revolves around the earth, so you only ever seen one side of it. Is that some coincidence of common with revolving objects?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@Summer its a map made from reflected surface of the moon...

FredSonoma

Not sure if there is any relation but I always found it pretty wild that the moon rotates at the EXACT same speed it revolves around the earth, so you only ever seen one side of it. Is that some coincidence of common with revolving objects?
*Is that some coincidence OR is it common with revolving objects?

Perry Staltic

Why do you say it's not a coincidence? Do you have an opinion on why that is?

Yeah my opinion is that an intelligence designed everything ergo there is some purposeful reason why the moon rotating the way it does is an anomaly. Unfortunately, I don't have the intelligence to tell you what that is.

FredSonoma

Yeah my opinion is that an intelligence designed everything ergo there is some purposeful reason why the moon rotating the way it does is an anomaly. Unfortunately, I don't have the intelligence to tell you what that is.
Ah I see that makes sense

akgrrrl

@Summer its a map made from reflected surface of the moon...
I was glad @Summer asked that question but now my brain is more broken. What does that even mean "a map made from reflected surface of the moon"? I watched and watched and still have no idea...
The 1965 interview was interesting for sure.

JamesGatz

I was glad @Summer asked that question but now my brain is more broken. What does that even mean "a map made from reflected surface of the moon"? I watched and watched and still have no idea...
The 1965 interview was interesting for sure.
I like your profile pic miss - it reminds me of my dog when she wakes up from bed

akgrrrl

Attachments

• 00616980-6b43-4806-a388-063189be6b65.jpg
    00616980-6b43-4806-a388-063189be6b65.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 25

akgrrrl

Oh honey, lookin good. Solid balanced frame, rounded features, and plenty of contrast.You're awesome.

AncestralJoy

Disclaimer havent watched but I think I've seen the plasma guy video before.
What I find interesting is shine a light onto a ball shape and tell me if it reflects a disk of light like the moon or if it reflects the particular point where the light hits. The moon does not seem to reflect like how you think it would.. A very interesting topic indeed

Quelsatron

Tidal locking - Wikipedia

basically the tidal forces (gravitational gradient) continually elongate the moon, the elongated moon is rotating freely, the elongated bulges are pulled on by the earths gravity as the moon rotates, but since the back bulge is further away it experiences less gravity. essentially, this pulls the moon by one end, slowing the rotation down until it's tidally locked.
Disclaimer havent watched but I think I've seen the plasma guy video before.
What I find interesting is shine a light onto a ball shape and tell me if it reflects a disk of light like the moon or if it reflects the particular point where the light hits. The moon does not seem to reflect like how you think it would.. A very interesting topic indeed
The moon is not a ball, it's a very large rough surface. Rough matte surfaces follow the oren-nayar model of reflection, which works basically through each piece of the moons surface being a randomly aligned matte surface, rather than part of the same matte surface. Basically, this means that whereas on a ball, the closer towards the outline the surface is, the further it's angled away and the less it reflects the light source, on the moon, a point towards the outline can be angled fully towards the light source, or fully orthogonal from the light source, and this also applies to a point in the middle. That facet of the moon close to the outline, lets say it's a boulder or a cliff wall, if it's angled towards the sun it will reflect the same amount of light as flat ground with the sun overhead. Sum all these together, and the moon shines with a roughly homogenous light, only tapering towards the very edges. A normal matte ball is also rough however smooth it appears, but I suspect that if the imperfections are on a sub-wavelength scale the light won't be reflected in the same way as it does by a macroscopic part of the lunar surface.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals