The Unvaccinated Will Be Blamed.

Saba

A good dose of humor lightens this up a bit, but this is still too sobering for the meme thread:

OP
P

Peatness

A good dose of humor lightens this up a bit, but this is still too sobering for the meme thread:

Nice

Drareg

I think the name-calling will ramp-up when some of the mandated deadlines have come and gone. For now, I identify best with the label as being anti-mandate. It takes the vaccine out of the conversation and shifts it to actions of the government (inflicting terror into the hearts of the unvaccinated). Many of my vaccinated friends still believe that others should be allowed to make their own medical choices. The idea that the government is only trying to persuade people to get the jab doesn't ring true with anyone.
"Anti-mandate" , that’s a good way to approach it, they will counter it though and say it’s a far right dog whistle.

The positive in this is the public becoming aware of the bad people over here narrative, terrorists, far right, ant vax etc, said narrative always correlates with more power given to government and billions in profit to banks and commercial groups, everybody else gets poorer.

David PS

"Anti-mandate" , that’s a good way to approach it, they will counter it though and say it’s a far right dog whistle.

The positive in this is the public becoming aware of the bad people over here narrative, terrorists, far right, ant vax etc, said narrative always correlates with more power given to government and billions in profit to banks and commercial groups, everybody else gets poorer.

The public in Chicago is certainly becoming aware of the conflict. The unionized Chicago police are being ordered to disclose their vaccine status to the city of Chicago and if they are not vaccinated they must submit to twice weekly testing (on their own dime) and report the results. Many indivual policemen involved have not complied with the deadline and they will be placed on no-pay status. The police union is not going along with the mandates and so the city is accusing the union of supporting an illegal work stopage. I hope the public can recognize who the bad people are in this situation.

Last edited:

Regina

Regina

The public in Chicago is certainly becoming aware of the conflict. The unionized Chicago police are being ordered to disclose their vaccine status to the city of Chicago and if they are not vaccinated they must submit to twice weekly testing (on their own dime) and report the results. Many indivual policemen involved have not complied with the deadline and they will be placed on no-pay status. The police union is not going along with the mandates and so the city is accusing the union of supporting an illegal work stopage. I hope the public can recognize who the bad people are in this situation.

I don't know. All the friends and acquaintances I made from when i lived in Chicago thoroughly support the mandates. I was just catching up on the phone with a couple who said they were a little bummed. They were supposed to go to San Francisco for holiday but the wife did a home kit test for covid and it came back positive. (No one even asked her to do it). The husband then said, "Damn anti-vaxxers!."

He went on and on about how anti-vaxxers are keeping everyone from getting on with their lives, "Selfish" "Insane retards."......

I realize that I have little in common with them.

The white educated demographic in Chicago is hook line and sinker whatever a so-called "liberal" politician says.

Saba

I don't know. All the friends and acquaintances I made from when i lived in Chicago thoroughly support the mandates. I was just catching up on the phone with a couple who said they were a little bummed. They were supposed to go to San Francisco for holiday but the wife did a home kit test for covid and it came back positive. (No one even asked her to do it). The husband then said, "Damn anti-vaxxers!."

He went on and on about how anti-vaxxers are keeping everyone from getting on with their lives, "Selfish" "Insane retards."......

The white educated demographic in Chicago is hook line and sinker whatever a so-called "liberal" politician says.
I'm finding the same among my educated big city friends. I saw the post below today and it reminded me of my friends, especially the ones who seek approval online the most. The ones who came to mind the most are also some of the weakest, most insecure people I know - they don't seem to have an inner anchor and are easy to manipulate. Last year they were going to BLM protests and making sure everyone knew about it, this year they are militant pro vaxxers, some pro apartheid, and they are making sure everyone knows about it. They are young, getting their boosters without being in so-called at-risk professions, and making sure the booster photo op makes it on instagram. No point in getting a booster unless you can get a photo of it up on instagram with a cringe moralizing caption. Some of my lifelong relationships are really hanging by a thread.

are the branch covidians coming unhinged?

Birdie

It's amazing to me that you are able to keep in touch with these old friends. Maybe I should say that you have been able util now. But it is so very interesting to hear your reports.

Birdie

Birdie

Some examples (from the article) of attitude in handling the abuse:

Kuppalli has kept her social-media presence, but is more careful about how she uses it. Her rule is now not to respond to comments or posts when she is upset or angry or, in some cases, not to reply at all. “I just don’t read the comments and I don’t engage.”

Alina Chan, a postdoctoral researcher at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Massachu- setts, has received abuse for her work on the
idea that the pandemic might have resulted from exposure to a virus at a laboratory or research site (sometimes also called the ‘lab leak’ hypothesis).

Ultimately, she says, abusive attacks are counterproductive to the people making them. “They make the people on their own side appear unreasonable and dangerous,” she says. “Second, they make it difficult to hold people accountable because now everyone is distracted by having to address the excessively abusive attacks.”

Rafe

I used to think of RT as an English language propaganda outlet, like the old Voice of America broadcasts into the Warsaw Pact countries. But now the truth is the propaganda?

If you keep your old friends, who think it’s you that has lost your mind, on your contacts list, or you just have regular contact with them on/near your devices then their feeds will be populated with a few things you search for or watch on the major platforms. And the opposite.

That substack el gato malo post @Saba posted is really good showing how empty that weird bandwaggoning is. You see your old friends rushing around social media to prove they aren’t the ones the establishment should hate or segregate.

Regina

I used to think of RT as an English language propaganda outlet, like the old Voice of America broadcasts into the Warsaw Pact countries. But now the truth is the propaganda?

If you keep your old friends, who think it’s you that has lost your mind, on your contacts list, or you just have regular contact with them on/near your devices then their feeds will be populated with a few things you search for or watch on the major platforms. And the opposite.

That substack el gato malo post @Saba posted is really good showing how empty that weird bandwaggoning is. You see your old friends rushing around social media to prove they aren’t the ones the establishment should hate or segregate.
Oh so logical. Yet these childish scapegoating tactics have worked. No food, no resources, powder kegs of crime, climate change is clearly all the fault of the anti-vaxxers. :confused2

-Luke-

Oh so logical. Yet these childish scapegoating tactics have worked. No food, no resources, powder kegs of crime, climate change is clearly all the fault of the anti-vaxxers. :confused2
I heard that the anti-vaxxers were also responsible for the Thirty Years War from 1618 to 1648.

OP
P

Peatness

FBxdaq-WEAQxFEa

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals