Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

The Travis Corner

Discussion in 'Specific Users' started by Amazoniac, Dec 27, 2017.

1. cyclops

cyclops Member

It's not good to light any substance on fire and then draw it's smoke into your lungs.

Tobacco may (or may not) be wonderful, but smoking it isn't a good way to consume it.

2. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Good post, I've wondered these things too.

FWIW, Travis rolled his own cigarettes from organic tobacco (afai can recall)

3. Mossy

Mossy Member

I'm not well schooled on this subject; that particle article I referenced just stuck in my mind and I thought to share it, as it's contrary to anything we've ever heard on smoking tobacco.

I wasn't aware that the general position is that you can't reap the benefits of tobacco from pipes or cigars. Pipe tobacco is my first choice, though due to long-term cost and wanting my health at a certain point, I haven't delved into it yet. I have actually purchased all that I need, but it's on stand-by.

I think trends and pop culture have a huge influence, and cigarette smoking gets much more attention. It's considered sexier and associated with youth more than other forums of smoking, and to the anti-crowd, it's demonized as corporate promoted poison. Personally, I am against the corporate version of cigarettes, due to the additives, but I am open to cigarette smoking in general, such as roll your own, Indian tobacco, etc.

As you mention, the hedonic calculus element, the pleasure-to-harm ratio, is an important factor. If life is very stressful and smoking neutralizes that stress, there is value there--even if the smoking itself may potentially do harm.

Apart from gamma tocopherols, that article references vitamin c (as I believe Travis does) and taurine as being very helpful in countering "damage caused by smoking (tobacco)". They reference independent sources at the end of the article.

I'm not blindly for smoking, but am always attempting to be as objective and open until the truth arises. I think there is a smear campaign against smokers, that is agenda-based, and a bit self-righteous. I do think cigarette companies may deserve the criticism they get, though, as they've strayed so far from the natural product.

4. debored13

debored13 Member

Xenon seems like a remarkable substance