The Travis Corner

Travis

menaquinone4 on Twitter
"opioids wreak havoc on your body but make u irresistible to women..."

I know, just like look at Mitch Hedberg and Curt Cobain.

And then there is this low-opiate guy (below), who's many criticisms against saturated fatty acids and dairy products are often misleading. Furthermore: he makes no mention β-casomorphin or FRα autoimmunity, two very important considerations of homo- genized cow's milk. Although he does implicate IGF-1 in prostate cancer [07:42] he doesn't call-it-out by name, and since recombinant bovine growth hormone can increase IGF-1 fourfold that would mean cheese imported from most other countries—those that'd banned it—would be safer by a proportional amount. He had also failed to mention that the osteoporosis link to dairy is essentially an epiphenomenon of the Scandinavian countries: a region that had been consuming government-mandated retinol-enriched dairy products and high-retinol cod liver oil for decades. The natural amounts of retinol in milk, cheese, an likely even butter do not appear enough to negatively impact the bone. Goat's milk, sheep's milk, and non-rBGH raw cow's milk are excluded from most of these objections.

Is it just me or is Doctor Mark Hyman is the most naïve-looking 40+ year-old doctor that you've ever seen. I feel that Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren does it better, and has a perfectly blunt manner of speaking that is neither patronizing or entertaining to listen to—unlike Drs. Mark Hyman and Niel Barnard. The only positive thing I can say about Mark Hyman is that his ancestors had obviously been given the most fitting surname still available.

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

@Travis if you had to choose one for eternal use, would you choose ultra-pasteurized gross tasting goat milk or delicious organic homogenized pasteurized cows milk with occasional supplementing with methyl folate?

Travis

@Travis if you had to choose one for eternal use, would you choose ultra-pasteurized gross tasting goat milk or delicious organic homogenized pasteurized cows milk with occasional supplementing with methyl folate?

The goat's milk that I've had had tasted fine, yet that was when I had an espresso machine (although the 'half & half was undeniably better, yet that could certainly be made from goat's milk). I had never liked drinking milk plain yet think it can be good with coffee, and I do like cheese. The goat and sheep cheese tastes fine to me as compared to cheese from cows, and I do actually prefer this raw goat's cheddar to all others I've tried (and do like the packaging).

If I were forced at gunpoint to drink either cow's milk or goat's milk made unintentionally bad I would have to know, if possible, exactly why the goat's milk tastes 'bad' and how far it lies on the horrible spectrum.

Last edited:
Thoughts at why thyroid would cause shivering/coldness? have been having this effect on and off and my friend said it could b from thyroid treatment revealing a very low metabolic rate, once stress hormones are taken away

doses are very low and food/nutrition largely accounted for

tara

Thoughts at why thyroid would cause shivering/coldness? have been having this effect on and off and my friend said it could b from thyroid treatment revealing a very low metabolic rate, once stress hormones are taken away
Various possibilities, depending on how the dosage relate to your needs.
Hard to know what's going on.

I think too much T4 can sometimes have the opposite of the desired effect. You know it's long-lived, while T3 is short-lived right?

Too much metabolic stimulation in the face of nutritional deficits can put the body in a difficult situation.

Have you been logging dosage, timing, and body temps?

Various possibilities, depending on how the dosage relate to your needs.
Hard to know what's going on.

I think too much T4 can sometimes have the opposite of the desired effect. You know it's long-lived, while T3 is short-lived right?

Too much metabolic stimulation in the face of nutritional deficits can put the body in a difficult situation.

Have you been logging dosage, timing, and body temps?
th answer to the last line is "sort of". I have been logging dosage and timing, the last two are very consistent, and logging pulse and temp sometimes. But the thing is my starting temp was never low despite having CFS so I became suspicious of it as an absolute measure of these things. Have been recently logging bp too, because two times thyroid caused a bp spike i randomly caught.

but I will come back with a more detailed log when I find my log

The only thing I'm not eating that peat recommends is liver and gelatin...i've been eating mushrooms, seafood, coconut oil, rice, potatoes, orange juice, milk, eggs, cheese

I haven't been getting like any sun

but also, do you think that peat is right about CFS being basically just a form of hypothyroidism in which the labs don't indicate hypothyroidism for some reason?

Naviaux's findings suggest hypometabolism, cfs researchers talk about a "metabolic trap" and pyruvate dehydrogenase being impaired. could this all be driven solely by thyroid?

Travis

doses are very low and food/nutrition largely accounted for

Triiodothyronine increases the expression of the uncoupling protein (UCP), a biochemical misnomer that doesn't actually uncouple anything. The idea that uncoupling protein literally 'uncouples the mitochondria, thereby producing heat independent of ADP' is observationally correct yet leaves-out a few important facts: (1) creating heat via futile 'proton (H⁺) cycling' across the mitochondrial membrane, back and forth, is not physically possible; (2) there is no plausible biochemical mechanism to describe such an event; and (3) uncoupling protein binds to cAMP with high affinity—which also induces its expression—giving the impression that it never 'decouples' anything and simply switches the substrates of oxidative phosphorylation. Cyclic AMP can accept two mitochondrial protons per cycle compared to GDP's one, thereby explaining the heat increase simply through an 'upgraded mitochondrial metabolism.' Uncoupling protein is similar to Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase in that: (1) they are both real and important proteins; (2) they had both been given misleading names by their discoverers; (3) their discoverers had both won Nobel Prizes; and (4) they both have unrealistic, if not impossible, official mechanisms of action. Given sufficient glucose: Thyroid hormone should increase body heat and glucose utilization in all cases, as always observed, despite the obvious fact that the latter effect contradicts canonical 'uncoupling protein' lore.

Triiodothyronine also increases glucagon, a hormone that acts to hydrolyze glycogen into free glucose. Insulin spikes can cause a transient state of hypothermia the moment glucose cannot be replaced, yet I feel it could be rightly assumed that relative hypothermia could be induced by any low-glucose situation. As far as I'm concerned: the permeability of the cell to glucose depends on the character of its membrane lipids, with ω−3 docosahexaenoic acid being the most permeable and intercalated sterols the least. It follows that insulin resistance can be induced by the known displacement of DHA by the ω−6 fatty acids, such as arachidonic and osbond acids: two fatty acids that lack the sterol exclusion properties of DHA. Due to these considerations and the known association of low plasma glucose with low body temperature, I'd be forced to speculate that triiodothyronine-induced hyperthermia is directly preceded by a transient decrease in intracellular glucose. I would suggest to anyone they should avoid insulin and spikes by not drinking soda too quickly or eating too much easily-assimilable starch at once, and also to avoid ω−6 fatty acids as much as possible. Fructose doesn't release insulin to any considerable extent and has no trouble in getting into the cell without it. Short-chained saturated fatty acids do not require carnitine transport to get into the cell, as do the longer ones, and nor do they need insulin in doing this.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

@Travis I've been taking K2 MK4 as my only supplement since Christmas, and since I believed in it so much, I have set it and forgot it. My question is, do you think its possible that MK4 only does a "partial vitamin K job", so to speak, and I would be best served by adding sources of K1 and K2 MK7, as well? I don't mean to call out the MK4 supplement as faulty, but maybe its not hitting the "spot" the way maybe regular K1 could? (K1 being recycled into whatever vitamin K form is needed).

I am wondering if I have saturated my need for K2 MK4 over the last 8 months, but my body is craving for un-met vitamin K needs of other forms?

Travis

Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

Travis did you ever read this study (to date I think the best study on CFS) and what did you think of it?
I had liked it, and think it's a very useful study to consider. The author had also been interesting, and I liked his use of the term 'diagnostic odyssey.' I can almost picture Odysseus getting fatigued, building a gοddamn ship, and the sailing around the Mediterranean to consult with doctors at ports—those with cool robes and scepters of course.

'Complex diseases like CFS are often difficult and expensive to diagnose. Although individual tests may be affordable and possibly covered by medical insurance, many patients undergo a diagnostic odyssey that results in substantial personal expenditures that can exceed $100,000 over years of searching, absence.' ―Naviaux

This was a great article yet with one exception. He also says the following:

'If capillary delivery of oxygen to the cell is unchanged, the concentration of dissolved oxygen rises in the cell like water in a bowl [?] in response to instantaneous decreases in mitochondrial oxygen consumption.' ―Naviaux

I somehow feel that 'water in a bowl' is not a very intuitive analogy for describing a cellular increase in oxygen, and I'll even so far to say that it's a blatantly horrible one. I wouldn't imagine there would be significant volume increases as a function of physiological O₂ concentrations, so I think it would actually make more sense with the analogy omitted:

'If capillary delivery of oxygen to the cell is unchanged, the concentration of dissolved oxygen rises in the cell like water in a bowl in response to instantaneous decreases in mitochondrial oxygen consumption.' ―Naviaux

And you know, I think it's such a bad analogy that it could even be more appropriate to state things this way:

'If capillary delivery of oxygen to the cell is unchanged, the concentration of dissolved oxygen rises in the cell like water in a bowl a race-riot after the Rodney King Trial in response to instantaneous decreases in mitochondrial oxygen consumption.' ―Naviaux

But seriously, the article makes a person wonder why sphingolipids are increased in chronic fatigue. Yet this is actually in accordance with my theory on the condition, as is the increase in arginine and proline. The decrease in bile salts are also immediately explicable, and I think I may use this study in the article I am writing.

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

The goat's milk that I've had had tasted fine, yet that was when I had an espresso machine (although the 'half & half was undeniably better, yet that could certainly be made from goat's milk). I had never liked drinking milk plain yet think it can be good with coffee, and I do like cheese. The goat and sheep cheese tastes fine to me as compared to cheese from cows, and I do actually prefer this raw goat's cheddar to all others I've tried (and do like the packaging).

If I were forced at gunpoint to drink either cow's milk or goat's milk made unintentionally bad I would have to know, if possible, exactly why the goat's milk tastes 'bad' and how far it lies on the horrible spectrum.
Well the goat milk is nasty, but it is tolerable to some extent, it is just the ultra-pasteurization that worries me. I have tried goat cheese as well, but I find the taste funky when I try to mix it with things.

Fractality

@Travis do you think one should avoid the shitty pre-ground coffee used in those drip coffee machines with plastic components found in most offices?

Travis

Well the goat milk is nasty, but it is tolerable to some extent, it is just the ultra-pasteurization that worries me.
Why aren't you worried about the homogenization, which had been proven to trap milk proteins inside liposomes thereby facilitating their absorption in whole form?
Well the goat milk is nasty...
But is it as bad as cerebral folate deficiency? Anti-FRα antibodies had been discovered by their ability to block placental folate uptake, thereby causing birth defects.
I have tried goat cheese as well, but I find the taste funky when I try to mix it with things.
Well I don't know where you're shopping, but the goat cheese around here is superior in every way imaginable.

Last edited:

Dobbler

How much vitamin e you recommend for someone who eats about 7g of PUFA daily? Saturated fat is somewhere between 60 and 80 grams.

Travis

@Travis do you think one should avoid the shitty pre-ground coffee used in those drip coffee machines with plastic components found in most offices?
I think the softer plastics primarily emit phthalates, which are actually rather safe molecules to ingest. I of course I like the steel and glass French press, which should last as long as you keep from breaking. I have found antique French presses at stores and they were as good as new. Those shitty plastic machines always clog with the hard water around here, and I hate the noises they make and their occupancy of counter-space. Yet I feel that even Maxwell House made in a brand new Mr. Coffee—emitting the max amount of plasticizers—is still preferable to no coffee at all. All South American coffee is rather free of mycotoxins, due to the wet process technique, and this is despite what David Asprey wants people to believe. I don't think sane amounts of crappy coffee in plastic drip makers is very much of a health risk, yet they could have other plasticizers that I haven't read much about.. .

Why aren't you worried about the homogenization, which had been proven to trap milk proteins inside liposomes thereby facilitating their absorption in whole form?
But is it as bad as cerebral folate deficiency? Anti-FRα antibodies had been discovered by their ability to block placental folate uptake, thereby causing birth defects.

Well I don't know where you're shopping,but the goat cheese around here is superior in every way imaginable.
wait homogenization is bad? I have anabaptist neighbors that have raw milk, have put off getting it recently just cause my immune system isn't working great so it would be more of a risk, but now I'm considering it again. I also wonder if they have colostrum and if that could have benefits

I know, just like look at Mitch Hedberg and Curt Cobain.

And then there is this low-opiate guy (below), who's many criticisms against saturated fatty acids and dairy products are often misleading. Furthermore: he makes no mention β-casomorphin or FRα autoimmunity, two very important considerations of homo- genized cow's milk. Although he does implicate IGF-1 in prostate cancer [07:42] he doesn't call-it-out by name, and since recombinant bovine growth hormone can increase IGF-1 fourfold that would mean cheese imported from most other countries—those that'd banned it—would be safer by a proportional amount. He had also failed to mention that the osteoporosis link to dairy is essentially an epiphenomenon of the Scandinavian countries: a region that had been consuming government-mandated retinol-enriched dairy products and high-retinol cod liver oil for decades. The natural amounts of retinol in milk, cheese, an likely even butter do not appear enough to negatively impact the bone. Goat's milk, sheep's milk, and non-rBGH raw cow's milk are excluded from most of these objections.

Is it just me or is Doctor Mark Hyman is the most naïve-looking 40+ year-old doctor that you've ever seen. I feel that Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren does it better, and has a perfectly blunt manner of speaking that is neither patronizing or entertaining to listen to—unlike Drs. Mark Hyman and Niel Barnard. The only positive thing I can say about Mark Hyman is that his ancestors had obviously been given the most fitting surname still available.

my dads into mark hymans stuff lol

Fractality

I think the softer plastics primarily emit phthalates, which are actually rather safe molecules to ingest. I of course I like the steel and glass French press, which should last as long as you keep from breaking. I have found antique French presses at stores and they were as good as new. Those shitty plastic machines always clog with the hard water around here, and I hate the noises they make and their occupancy of counter-space. Yet I feel that even Maxwell House made in a brand new Mr. Coffee—emitting the max amount of plasticizers—is still preferable to no coffee at all. All South American coffee is rather free of mycotoxins, due to the wet process technique, and this is despite what David Asprey wants people to believe. I don't think sane amounts of crappy coffee in plastic drip makers is very much of a health risk, yet they could have other plasticizers that I haven't read much about.. .

I think I might sacrifice convenience here since the "office coffee" tends to reliably induce a headache compared to my pour over home setup which uses a hemp filter. I also wonder about whether the pre-ground coffee in those bags has harmful additives (similar to the commercial dreg tobacco used in mainstream cigs).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals