Low Toxin Studies The brain actively pulls glucose from the blood

Elie

Forum Supporter
That is what Dr. Stephens recommends and I see no reason not to go that way.
I'm questioning it bcs at time drinking dextrose drains me and I thought I read here others say they prefer adding it to food.
Would love to hear more about how others use it.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
That is what Dr. Stephens recommends and I see no reason not to go that way.
What if someone feels that their carbs are not getting digested well, and they want to replace all of their carbs (300 g worth) with dextrose right away?
Has the doctor commented on that approach?
This would be with the usual protein (red meat, fish, eggs) and some added fat (ghee, coconut oil).

Last edited:

Elie

Forum Supporter
What if someone feels that their carbs are not getting digested well, and they want to replace all of their carbs (300 g worth) with dextrose right away?
Has the doctor commented on that approach?
This would be with the usual protein (red meat, fish, eggs) and some added fat (ghee, coconut oil).
I'd say worth the try, but pace yourself.

bruschi11

Potassium in the cell recieves sugar. Person with low cellular potassium can’t do sugar (like me currently). But I beat developing diabetes in 2020. Looking back a lot of that recovery was about getting potassium into the cell and retaining it. And I had plenty of sugar during that time period.

So step 1 should Be making sure your cellular potassium and chloride (chloride retains potassium in the cell) store are ok. Glycine puts chloride in the cell. Alanine (also a pyruvate provider) receives glycine for NMda receptor.

It’s all situational which supplements would work here. Really depends on b12 status and overall nutrient status as to what should be used.

That said. Yes end of day it’s about sugar reception in the cell.

bruschi11

Potassium in the cell recieves sugar. Person with low cellular potassium can’t do sugar (like me currently). But I beat developing diabetes in 2020. Looking back a lot of that recovery was about getting potassium into the cell and retaining it. And I had plenty of sugar during that time period.

So step 1 should Be making sure your cellular potassium and chloride (chloride retains potassium in the cell) store are ok. Glycine puts chloride in the cell. Alanine (also a pyruvate provider) receives glycine for NMda receptor.

It’s all situational which supplements would work here. Really depends on b12 status and overall nutrient status as to what should be used.

That said I highly recommend anyone sick trying this approach to test RBC potassium before taking it seriously or you’re gonna get hurt or nowhere.

If RBC potassium is low, focus on that first for awhile. Not just by taking potassium , rbc potassium is complicated. It’s everywhere in CFS the low rbc potassium.

What sucks in this nutritional health world is where something works for a few. But then everyone follows. It works for a percentage. Then another percentage it doesn’t work, then another percentage it hurts.

No man should be left behind. We need to get to the bottom of things.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter

This is a really interesting post.
Is any information available about how much chloride is needed in the diet?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Is anyone aware of any glucose candies, that are just glucose, no nasty fillers?
I don't see on amazon, just glucose tablets with dyes and things like citric acid.

Elie

Forum Supporter
That said I highly recommend anyone sick trying this approach to test RBC potassium before taking it seriously or you’re gonna get hurt or nowhere.

If RBC potassium is low, focus on that first for awhile. Not just by taking potassium , rbc potassium is complicated. It’s everywhere in CFS the low rbc potassium.

What sucks in this nutritional health world is where something works for a few. But then everyone follows. It works for a percentage. Then another percentage it doesn’t work, then another percentage it hurts.

No man should be left behind. We need to get to the bottom of things.
great point

Ras

Why do you think Dr. Stephens does not do this, or recommend doing this, and yet has such great success with his patients? As far as I can tell, he recommends no other specific interventions to accompany the dextrose.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Why do you think Dr. Stephens does not do this, or recommend doing this, and yet has such great success with his patients? As far as I can tell, he recommends no other specific interventions to accompany the dextrose.
I think way too many people are conflating dextrose with sucrose and fructose before they actually look into what Dr. Stephens protocol entails.

OP
M

mosaic01

Because it's probably just based on neurotically overthinking things, as people like to do in health forums. If you are an alcoholic on your deathbed with clinical B1 deficiency, then taking B1 is obviously essential when ingesting lots of glucose.

Same with potassium. The body is extremely good at regulating potassium, and when someone eats a whole foods diet, the potassium intake is >3g per day, entirely suficient to regulate glucose.

I bet many of his patients don't even eat a high quality diet, but just average with lots of processed stuff.

Of course, some things can improve the effects of glucose, especially B1 and potassium. But are they strictly needed? Probably not for >95% of people, especially not for people who think about micro-nutrients all day already.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
great point
Not really. Things are being simplified while many would like to keep it complicated. All this unneeded complication does is keep people sick, confused and in chains.

OP
M

mosaic01

Is anyone aware of any glucose candies, that are just glucose, no nasty fillers?

The problem with glucose in sweets is that most of the time they use glucose-syrup, not dextrose. The manufacturer does not have to disclose the amount of dextrose in it, it can be anything between something like 10% and 90%. A significant percentage of this syrup is disaccharides, and also up to 5% fructose.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I don't see on amazon, just glucose tablets with dyes and things like citric acid.
Dr Stephens recommends Smarties when you are in a pinch. Obviously not perfect because of dyes, but they use dextrose. I keep some in my purse now, just in case.

bruschi11

Not really. Things are being simplified while many would like to keep it complicated. All this unneeded complication does is keep people sick, confused and in chains.

It was my point that I made. And you’re saying my point was complicated.

My point was correct. It’s factual.

Have fun feeding someone a bunch of sugar with low cellular potassium. Low glycine/ chloride in the cell. They’ll suffer and get worse.

bruschi11

Because it's probably just based on neurotically overthinking things, as people like to do in health forums. If you are an alcoholic on your deathbed with clinical B1 deficiency, then taking B1 is obviously essential when ingesting lots of glucose.

Same with potassium. The body is extremely good at regulating potassium, and when someone eats a whole foods diet, the potassium intake is >3g per day, entirely suficient to regulate glucose.

I bet many of his patients don't even eat a high quality diet, but just average with lots of processed stuff.

Of course, some things can improve the effects of glucose, especially B1 and potassium. But are they strictly needed? Probably not for >95% of people, especially not for people who think about micro-nutrients all day already.
“Neuroticallly overthinking things”. Shut up.

Dude you write so much on this forum and you think you’re right about everything when half of what you say is just theory. And I’ve read those theories a lot are wrong. And ***t on an absolutely needed point like the one I made. Just because it doesn’t go with what you’re pushing on people. And what you want to be right.

Ya you’re probably in the >95% of people. But it’s probably closer to 80% of people. The majority of cfs people have low rbc potassium. If someone has low rbc potassium, they’re going to have a hard time with sugar. It’s not going to help them.

Potassium in the cell receives sugar it’s simple as that. Without potassium in the cell, it cannot tolerate sugar.

It’s really sad when a person adds a NEEDED FACT like I did. And you say what you say about it. Neurotically overthinking hahaha I’m saying the truths.

You mentioned b1 and potassium. Getting potassium into the cell and retaining it is a lot more complicated than taking b1 and potassium when someone is chronically ill. B1 can hurt the situation a lot of the time and deplete potassium.

You say >95% like the other 5% don’t matter. Again, I say “no man left behind.”

And again … those numbers are more like 80/20

Last edited:

ddjd

I don't think any glucose syrup is acceptable for dextrose therapy. You need dextrose tablets or powder.

The one you linked only has 23g simple sugars per 100g, and from those 23g, up to 5g can be fructose.
so glucose syrup isnt the same as dextrose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals