The Amazoniac Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peatful

Do you or do you not trust the admins judgement?

Lollipop2

Do you or do you not trust the admins judgement?
I do not think life is as black and white as this. Overall Charlie has done a good job maintaining good standards on RPF. He has definitely had to make some tough decisions throughout the years and I surely wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

Having read the post, I do think it was in poor taste by Amazoniac even though it was clear he was joking. That said, I agree that a conversation about it rather than a straight up ban might have been preferred as Amazoniac has made stellar contributions to the forum.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
do think it was in poor taste by Amazoniac even though it was clear he was joking.
I will take responsibility for this one and any hard feelings about it. It was not clear to me or the the people who reported his post that he was joking. I’m just a moderator and ultimately charlie can override me at anytime but as far as I’m concerned there should absolutely be zero tolerance for anything remotely promoting or normalizing pedophilia.

LLight

I'm not sure where the post in question is but I find it a bit extreme if it was a bad joke.

Amazoniac has contributed a lot and while his humor can be a bit weird sometimes, I think it's clear he wasn't here to propagate pedophile content (or I missed other posts).

Maybe the post could be removed, a firm warning be given while the ban is lifted?

LLight

@LLight It seems I could enter ketosis without much issue early on in the disease but now when I hit ketosis my autonomic symptoms get dramatically worse. I have tried pushing through this worsening for weeks before giving up so dont think its a keto flu sort of thing.

I personally suspect that ketosis causes adrenal glands issues as it seems to need a decent amount of glucose to function. I think my system is leaning heavily on the sympathetic side of things in order to vasoconstrict and help the blood flow around my body. Indeed when I had accupuncture a few years back, I felt relaxed for the first time in years, but when I stood up to catch the bus my heart rate went through the roof and I felt like I was about to die. When I got home and put my feet up I felt relaxed again. Think my body is keeping me in this stressed state as a compensatory mechanism.

Interesting with the water restriction with boros. My current diet is mixed due to lock down but when I am able to go to supermarkets again I am going to try a just milk and beef diet. My reasoning is that milk is easy to digest and provides carbs but in small chunks. If I eat 50g carbs in a meal I will feel worse for a few hours but when I drink milk throughout the day this effect isn't so bad. I suspect getting a slow drip of carbs is mostly just replacing my BG so I don't flood my cells with glucose which my (pressumed) inhibited PDH cant handle.

What current treatments are you doing?

I've seen data on twitter saying that cellular manganese levels (and hair levels too) were low in CFS, have you ever tried supplementing with it?

I know you did a prolonged dry fast and that it didn't work for you. I'm beginning to believe that the antioxidant enzyme mnSOD (using manganese) could be important for the water restriction response and detoxification.

LLight

A comment on Twitter:

Manganese could be unimportant for CFS too.

Supplement is on its way.

@Callmestar Could be interesting to you. I'm pretty sure manganese could be involved in water homeostasis too.
Here is the data.

Peatful

Post in thread 'The Agenda Being Pushed: the Normalization of Sex with Children'
The Agenda Being Pushed: the Normalization of Sex with Children

Reads like a joke?
Pedophilia jokes are big in the Peat circles?
If so- Why do it on a thread that was about this very concern?
Intelligent people make judgements like that?

I wonder how many people reported this before a was decision made.

Are you a parent or grandparent?

Are you aware of a post in 2017 that was reported inappropriate and he was given a warning with conditions?
(He has referred to it publicly. Not sure if he was shadow banned or temporarily banned or what.)

Did he possibly break terms and conditions?

LLight

Post in thread 'The Agenda Being Pushed: the Normalization of Sex with Children'

Reads like a joke?

Are you aware of a post in 2017 that was reported inappropriate and he was given a warning with conditions?
(He has referred to it publicly. Not sure if he was shadow banned or temporarily banned or what.)

As I said, I didn't see his post before talking. It's not a joke indeed, so please consider that I said nothing ?

I'm not a parent but I don't support pedophilia if that's your question.

Nighteyes

This forum has changed over the recent years and not for the better.. Huge mistake banning Amazoniac and Kvothe in my oppinion. Also I agree with amazoniac that openness about reasons for bans and disussions about these is important. Right now it is just one person removing anyone he pleases without explanation.. sure, he owns the place, but I still feel he lets Down the community like this. Way too authoritarian. I’m probably gonna get a ban as well for saying this. Shame as this place is great in so many other ways.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Reads like a joke?

Thank you for the support Peatful. This issue is very serious and the “hill that I die on” so to speak. I generally liked and appreciated his contributions too for the most part even though they could often be cryptic and confusing. It’s a tragedy really but there are certain things that I personally will not be one to let slide. Our children need all the protection they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals